dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2018

786 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2018 at 11:53 PM, Faithunlimited said:

Yes we did! I checked on the DS260 that he needed a new card. It came really quickly. I know this part of the process is hit or miss for some. Some people say they get theirs and some say they don't.

I also think the SS card came so quickly in our case because my husband had already been assigned a number and had a SS card previously due to us trying the Adjustment of Status process. He had a work permit and SS number/card issued to him, but our AOS was denied which is how we ended up with consulate process. So yes, he already had a number and I put his number and all that info on DS260. When he was approved at consulate, another SS card with the same number arrived. 

I'm honestly not sure if others also receive their SS cards in the same manner or as quickly.

We checked the box on the DS260 for the social security card to be automatically processed but we had heard it was hit or miss whether this happened. My husband waited just over 2 weeks and when he didn't receive it, he went to the social security office. They told him they didn't see anything indicating it had started processing so I was definitely glad he didn't wait for it any longer and had the office process it for him. 

I had heard you have to enter the US for the green card to start processing. My husband entered 3 weeks ago today and we are still waiting for his to come in the mail, hoping it will be here in a week or two. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband had his interview on Thursday in Juarez and was approved :)

just wondering how long others have waited for there paperwork to be ready to pick up at the DHL location. 

26 minutes ago, Melencarnacion said:

We checked the box on the DS260 for the social security card to be automatically processed but we had heard it was hit or miss whether this happened. My husband waited just over 2 weeks and when he didn't receive it, he went to the social security office. They told him they didn't see anything indicating it had started processing so I was definitely glad he didn't wait for it any longer and had the office process it for him. 

I had heard you have to enter the US for the green card to start processing. My husband entered 3 weeks ago today and we are still waiting for his to come in the mail, hoping it will be here in a week or two. 

Yep, I heard the SS card processing was also hit or miss. Glad ours was a hit, because our local office is always packed. 

And I checked my husband's Green card and his "resident since date" is the day that I paid the fee, which was also the date he received his visa and passport back (as opposed to date visa was approved).

38 minutes ago, shernandez239 said:

My husband had his interview on Thursday in Juarez and was approved :)

just wondering how long others have waited for there paperwork to be ready to pick up at the DHL location. 

CONGRATS!!!

We had to wait 5 days total, including the date of the actual interivew. My husband's interview/approval was on Tuesday morning 5/29/18 and email/tracking number received Saturday morning (6/2/18).  So from Tues-Saturday.  

I received an email (bc I set up his account and all) and it had the "tracking number." Take that tracking number to the "fingerprint place" or where ever you selected to have your packet delivered and they will give you the packet. My husband said at the fingerprint place in CDJ (where we had our packet delivered), they wont even let you in without the tracking number. 

Edited by Faithunlimited

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, shanksraja said:

Rs 18900 for 1 person is it right hari

Yup. That's right. :) 

15 hours ago, Joiedevivre said:

Just got my Interview Date for 18.07. Check your mail, you shoul have it as well :dance:

Toll! Herzliche Glückwunsch :) 

14 hours ago, microdisney said:

Hi everyone. I'm a little late posting this as I've been busy traveling and getting caught up over jet lag. I just wanted to report that my wife's interview was Thursday June 21st. After waiting 30 minutes for the CO to confirm he had all required documents he spent maybe 5 minutes interviewing my wife. He approved my wife's visa and said it may take up to 5 business days to receive her packet but DHL notified us that it will be ready on Tuesday. I'm so relieved this ordeal is finally over. I just want to say thank you to everyone on this site for your support and encouragement. It has been a true God send. God Bless to all of you and I wish you all great success and a bright future ahead. Cheers!! 

Congrats. Wish you all a happy flight to the US and all success in the future too :)

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Karma0912 said:

Monday it is and wait continues..... Lets if we get lucky to get interview date this week.

Anyone from India got interview date???? 

You should get it either this week or before 10th of next month. I had got mine on 10th May. :) All the best!

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.