dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2018

786 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, HariMS said:

Yaaay.... had my interview today and my Immigrant Visa has been approved. :):):) 

Mumbai Consulate (India).

Questions :

1) Who is calling you?

2) How did your spouse move to the US?

3) Is she working now?

4) Who all came from the US for your wedding?

5) What are your plans after going to the US? (For this question, she required a very detailed blueprint of our plans after going to the US ;) like.. where are you going to live, how will you fund the rent of the house, how many roomed apartment are you going to live and what will be the location and rent of the apartment etc...) :D 

In the end she said, 'I am satisfied with your answers. You will receive your Passport with visa stamped in 3-5 days. Happy flight to the US' :D 

Booked flight too ;) Feels totally stress free now!

Wishing everyone here the very best and I would love to help you all with any information that I can provide. Cheers!!! :) 

Congrats...

2 hours ago, Faithunlimited said:

Husband's green card received in the mail today (6/22/18). It has been 3 weeks and 3 days since his interview in CDJ (Mexico). We tracked the green card and the status via "Check my Status" https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

Is this the current wait time to get visa once approved at CDJ? Or did it take this long because you guys had it mailed to a residence? Just wondering since most were averaging about a few days after interview for visa pick up.

17 minutes ago, jhigareda41 said:

Is this the current wait time to get visa once approved at CDJ? Or did it take this long because you guys had it mailed to a residence? Just wondering since most were averaging about a few days after interview for visa pick up.

It's the Green Card that was mailed not the Visa

27 minutes ago, jhigareda41 said:

Oooh my mistake lol. Yeah that makes more sense now. Thank you !

Visa took 4 days to receive and yes he waited in Juarez. Interview was on Tuesday, 5/29/18 and DHL tracking email and package received that Saturday morning.

Ss card received about a week ago

Green card in mail today, 3weeks since interview.😊

Praise God, finally done!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Faithunlimited said:

Visa took 4 days to receive and yes he waited in Juarez. Interview was on Tuesday, 5/29/18 and DHL tracking email and package received that Saturday morning.

How long did you have to stay in CDJ? We are waiting for an interview date in CDJ

Just now, ICM said:

How long did you have to stay in CDJ? We are waiting for an interview date in CDJ

The details are in this thread. Not sure why my timeline doesnt show Mexico or any of our info.

He left states on Thursday 5/24/18 driving.  It took 10hrs from central Texas to arrive in CDJ. Bio and fingerprint appts on 5/25(fri),  saturday, and Sunday, were free days for him. Monday was Memorial Day and the consulate was closed. His interview was Tuesday, 5/29/18. So in total he stayed a week and a day. He got kicked out of his hotel an had to find another, so be sure to book at least 3-4dys of hotel stay after your interview. We only booked 2 extra days and it was hard to find cheap rooms for his extra days while waiting for visa to arrive. 

Hope this helps!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Faithunlimited said:

The details are in this thread. Not sure why my timeline doesnt show Mexico or any of our info.

He left states on Thursday 5/24/18 driving.  It took 10hrs from central Texas to arrive in CDJ. Bio and fingerprint appts on 5/25(fri),  saturday, and Sunday, were free days for him. Monday was Memorial Day and the consulate was closed. His interview was Tuesday, 5/29/18. So in total he stayed a week and a day. He got kicked out of his hotel an had to find another, so be sure to book at least 3-4dys of hotel stay after your interview. We only booked 2 extra days and it was hard to find cheap rooms for his extra days while waiting for visa to arrive. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Timeline
3 hours ago, Faithunlimited said:

Congrats! Did you have to wait until he crossed the border to start processing the green card? My husband will not wait in CDJ, he will return to Veracruz for a few weeks and it would be great if we could process it even while he was still in MEX.

Edited by Eclipz19

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Faithunlimited said:

You received the SSC in the mail too?

51 minutes ago, Abies said:

You received the SSC in the mail too?

Yes we did! I checked on the DS260 that he needed a new card. It came really quickly. I know this part of the process is hit or miss for some. Some people say they get theirs and some say they don't.

I also think the SS card came so quickly in our case because my husband had already been assigned a number and had a SS card previously due to us trying the Adjustment of Status process. He had a work permit and SS number/card issued to him, but our AOS was denied which is how we ended up with consulate process. So yes, he already had a number and I put his number and all that info on DS260. When he was approved at consulate, another SS card with the same number arrived. 

I'm honestly not sure if others also receive their SS cards in the same manner or as quickly.

2 hours ago, Eclipz19 said:

Congrats! Did you have to wait until he crossed the border to start processing the green card? My husband will not wait in CDJ, he will return to Veracruz for a few weeks and it would be great if we could process it even while he was still in MEX.

You can pay the immigrant fee as soon as you pick up your DHL package which contains your passport and visa and some other info. You will need the immigrant's "A number" (also known as the alien number or registration number) and the DOS number (CDJ......, your case number basically). This info is contained on the actual visa. 

The instructions state to pay the immigrant fee before crossing the border back to USA and that is what I did. When he had to stop at the border before coming back, the agent "lectured" those crossing over about paying the immigrant fee, but never asked for proof. My husband just told the agent that he had already paid.

However, I'm not sure if paying is what triggered the card to start being processed, or the crossing of the border after having paid.

So yes you can pay and are instructed to pay before crossing, but I don't know if your timeline will be the same as ours since your husband is not crossing immediately.

Also, do not follow the link in the packet provided by CDJ on how to pay the immigrant fee. It's wrong. Follow the instructions on the first page of these monthly threads. CDJ appears to be using old and outdated info. More info on my previous posts in this thread.

Hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi guys from lebanon.Did someone have ur date for interview next month??? My cc is june 08...waiting for date.   Hope i have a chance to b in july...anyone knows somth about embassy of beirut if they just open avaliable dates last  of the month...16 days nd nth yet.....

Most of us did it ourselves. I did a fiance visa, then adjusted to a spousal visa for my wife. It's not super difficult, but definitely research and study the guides. Because one little mistake can cause a delay or rejection. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.