38 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, JackCasillas said:

My i601 was submitted March 17, 2018

Thank you, Jack. Ours was submitted March 12th, 2018 so hopefully we'll hear something soon too. I'm ready for this to be over.

On 5/31/2018 at 5:22 PM, Ana M. said:

I know. It makes no sense. I601 waivers taking 14-18 months when they that our spouses are out of the country and for i601a people that are already here it takes 4-6 months. Shouldn’t it be th opposite? 

totally...

On 2/11/2019 at 9:28 PM, Mia Torres said:

Congratulations! :)

Was your waiver expedited or was it normal processing? Also did they request for additional evidence before approval? Mine was recieved on March 23, 2018. 

Ours was March 12th, so we should keep each other posted when we get an approval.  Hoping sooner than later...

• 6 months later...
On 6/1/2018 at 12:30 PM, OptimusSpice said:

I did write to my Senator about this issue specifically and the backlog in general (along with the lack of accountability and oversight).  That was weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back at all, and I'm not expecting to at this point.  It sucks, there is no justice in any of it, and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it.  I've never felt so angry at my country and my government. The only thing that matters to anyone in this system is money.  If they wanted it fixed, it would be.  Someone (or lots of someones) somewhere are making money and a lot of it, off of the disgusting mess that is US Immigration. 

The fact that the I-601a even exists is a complete joke!   "Here - you have DELIBERATELY CHOSEN TO VIOLATE IMMIGRATION LAW, lets give you a CHEAPER and FASTER process where YOUR ILLEGAL LIFE is not DISRUPTED in any way, you get to STAY WITH YOUR FAMILY until you have your interview in your own country while those who have adhered to the process and system laws with honor, but made a SINGLE bad choice 10 years ago and have since proven that they have NEVER done it again and they were totally honest about it pay more and wait longer while they are separated from their families and everything about their lives is disrupted for years!" 

Reward the wrong, punish the honest and make money hand over fist - go home and kiss their partner, tuck in their children, hell - they can even work from home!  It doesn't matter, "normal processing time" is arbitrarily theirs to establish and no one will hold them accountable every time that time frame doubles!  and while they're at it - let's raise the fees by 21%  and tell the applicant's it's to get more staff to resolve the backlog (and watch the time frame double over the next year instead of getting shorter) - no one who matters will care! 

When we filed - we were initially told 4-6 months (hahaha) then we found out it was 8-12, and now it's 14-18....and there's not a damn thing we can do but wait 

Hello it is reallly hard to be separated from love ones it is so painful emotionally draining, mentally exhausting. And it is so hard financially 

On 6/2/2018 at 1:17 AM, Ana M. said:

Why they say i212 are not priority? Our spuses are out of the countey and our children i getting raised by one parent, how thi is not important to them. I swear to GOD these immigration with i601 processing time are gonna give us heart attack or all these stress will turn into cancer bc this waiting time is killing us. I I Omg, after i read all the above comments i’m crying. Last year waiver i601 was 6-8 months now it js 14-18 months. What happened to keeping families together? At this point i think people will want to divorce bc the wait time is ridiculous. My husband is waiting out of the country and me and my daughter are struggling in USA. 

It is reallly hard my spouse was denied a visa it is very hard for both of us it is so painful all you can do is cry until you can't cry no more. Does somebody here applied for expedite process? 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.