38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why is Nebraska the only center processing the i601, doesn't  make sense  that people with families in the U.S. have to wait so long out side the U.S. for a waiver when i601 only take 4-6 month 

Timeline

It almost feel like it’s done on purpose or takes a lot of money to live in another country and still maintain a family in the U.S. feels like they’re just trying to break you so you’ll stop, there has to be a way to get peoples attention to this 

I did write to my Senator about this issue specifically and the backlog in general (along with the lack of accountability and oversight).  That was weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back at all, and I'm not expecting to at this point.  It sucks, there is no justice in any of it, and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it.  I've never felt so angry at my country and my government. The only thing that matters to anyone in this system is money.  If they wanted it fixed, it would be.  Someone (or lots of someones) somewhere are making money and a lot of it, off of the disgusting mess that is US Immigration. 

The fact that the I-601a even exists is a complete joke!   "Here - you have DELIBERATELY CHOSEN TO VIOLATE IMMIGRATION LAW, lets give you a CHEAPER and FASTER process where YOUR ILLEGAL LIFE is not DISRUPTED in any way, you get to STAY WITH YOUR FAMILY until you have your interview in your own country while those who have adhered to the process and system laws with honor, but made a SINGLE bad choice 10 years ago and have since proven that they have NEVER done it again and they were totally honest about it pay more and wait longer while they are separated from their families and everything about their lives is disrupted for years!" 

Reward the wrong, punish the honest and make money hand over fist - go home and kiss their partner, tuck in their children, hell - they can even work from home!  It doesn't matter, "normal processing time" is arbitrarily theirs to establish and no one will hold them accountable every time that time frame doubles!  and while they're at it - let's raise the fees by 21%  and tell the applicant's it's to get more staff to resolve the backlog (and watch the time frame double over the next year instead of getting shorter) - no one who matters will care! 

When we filed - we were initially told 4-6 months (hahaha) then we found out it was 8-12, and now it's 14-18....and there's not a damn thing we can do but wait 

Timeline

my wife has email most of the senator in the state of Utah just trying to fine one that would help expedite my case but most of then don't care to even write an email, she just gets the generic Im sorry for your problem email. and i just started this i601 process I still have 15 month I have to wait. Meanwhile i get to sit here and watch my family get eating alive by bills and problems,having to watch my children not only loose one parent but two, my wife is not the same person in the process of trying to maintain everything going normality has been lost she has become a different person life has become grey for them and it getting harder to see the light at the end of the tunnel. and I wish this waiver was about  money I would pay what ever figure they ask ,money I can make i would pay it in a heartbeat just to take care of my family they don't deserve this.

I'm with you! If there was was a way to pay for "premium processing" I'd do it in a heartbeat!  This process is a hell unlike any other.  I have changed much too.  There is a constant pain ever present in my heart.  I cry every day.  I fight to hold down any food I try to eat - the nausea is constant.  I had to step down from a management role at my job because I just couldn't juggle it all in this mess.  I've become more and more jaded.  I've come to truly and deeply HATE in ways I never thought I would.  I do all I can to protect my sons from the constant raging storm in my heart, but sometimes I fail - and I lose patience with them and snap at them when it's not their fault - and then I get to add guilt to the mix of junk rolling around.  I'm raising 4 boys on my own while we wait for the day when we finally get to have my fiance home.  I see so much abuse of authority, inconsistency, lack of accountability and outright injustice in the entire USCIS system.  As a former US ARMY Military Police officer - it sickens me to no end to see the US Gov't function like this.  I knew the US wasn't perfect, but I believed in the rule of law, I believed in Justice, I believed that if you were always honest, acted with integrity, and did the right thing, then the system would work.  I believed that the people, the citizens had a voice.  I believed in the power of the people. I believed in our Congressional leaders and Senators.  Yeah, all politicians are shady - but I never thought that something this out of control, this messed up - would go totally ignored without any true accountability.  There are so many ways this can be resolved, brought back to rights - but no one will.  And certainly not for the I-601.  The 601a, yes.  The uproar over HB1, yes.  Anything that would play well in the media - oh sure, that we'll address.  But the I-601s - ....crickets...  it's disgusting.  

Edited by OptimusSpice

8 hours ago, OptimusSpice said:

I did write to my Senator about this issue specifically and the backlog in general (along with the lack of accountability and oversight).  That was weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back at all, and I'm not expecting to at this point.  It sucks, there is no justice in any of it, and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it.  I've never felt so angry at my country and my government. The only thing that matters to anyone in this system is money.  If they wanted it fixed, it would be.  Someone (or lots of someones) somewhere are making money and a lot of it, off of the disgusting mess that is US Immigration. 

The fact that the I-601a even exists is a complete joke!   "Here - you have DELIBERATELY CHOSEN TO VIOLATE IMMIGRATION LAW, lets give you a CHEAPER and FASTER process where YOUR ILLEGAL LIFE is not DISRUPTED in any way, you get to STAY WITH YOUR FAMILY until you have your interview in your own country while those who have adhered to the process and system laws with honor, but made a SINGLE bad choice 10 years ago and have since proven that they have NEVER done it again and they were totally honest about it pay more and wait longer while they are separated from their families and everything about their lives is disrupted for years!" 

Reward the wrong, punish the honest and make money hand over fist - go home and kiss their partner, tuck in their children, hell - they can even work from home!  It doesn't matter, "normal processing time" is arbitrarily theirs to establish and no one will hold them accountable every time that time frame doubles!  and while they're at it - let's raise the fees by 21%  and tell the applicant's it's to get more staff to resolve the backlog (and watch the time frame double over the next year instead of getting shorter) - no one who matters will care! 

When we filed - we were initially told 4-6 months (hahaha) then we found out it was 8-12, and now it's 14-18....and there's not a damn thing we can do but wait 

And the most horrible thing is that they may or may not decide to pardon...... I am going on my 12th month in Mexico... seperated from my four children and  yes for an entry into the U.S. 13 years ago where after the legal visit of six months we applied for an extention....

Why they say i212 are not priority? Our spuses are out of the countey and our children i getting raised by one parent, how thi is not important to them. I swear to GOD these immigration with i601 processing time are gonna give us heart attack or all these stress will turn into cancer bc this waiting time is killing us. I I Omg, after i read all the above comments i’m crying. Last year waiver i601 was 6-8 months now it js 14-18 months. What happened to keeping families together? At this point i think people will want to divorce bc the wait time is ridiculous. My husband is waiting out of the country and me and my daughter are struggling in USA. 

17 hours ago, Shalom12528 said:

And the most horrible thing is that they may or may not decide to pardon...... I am going on my 12th month in Mexico... seperated from my four children and  yes for an entry into the U.S. 13 years ago where after the legal visit of six months we applied for an extention....

See - this I actually understand (I admittedly struggle with unlawful presence violations waivers and esp the I601a waiver) - the violation was more than a decade ago, and you at were at least trying to stay on the legal side of the line (filing extension, etc)!  I don't understand why they even bother with maintaining inadmissibility for things over 10 years ago!  Even the ban for entry only lasts 10 years.  I think that if the violation - no matter what it was - happened over 10 years ago then they shouldn't even have it be an issue at all!  How much of the overload, the backlog of cases is for things that happened over 10 years ago?  How much would be cleared away if they stopped worrying about petty things that were ages ago!

Our CIMT doesn't carry a time frame ban, but sometimes carries a 1 year delay for test/evaluations/etc.  If it would have been something on his record - as a formal charge - it wouldn't have even had jail time, just a fine.  And it happened 10 years ago.  How can they justify delays in processing that prevent people entry for longer than the actual established punishment for the crime?  It's stupid.

Strength to us all in our journeys - and may we reach the light at the end of tunnel still standing

Edited by OptimusSpice

Timeline

In my early 20  I got caught with less then 30g of marijuana in other words enough for one  joint when I was camping I paid  my dues An I did my time in Counseling plus my five years of probation my first and only brush with the law that was about 15 years ago and now I’m having to pay for my crime again with interest  

Edited by JackCasillas

• 1 month later...

I got my invitation ..... from the American Consulate in Juarez to go for an interview and do the medical again... hope this is good... 

This i601 processing time is definitely unfair. I see and hear how i601a are processed and approved for the most part in less than 6 months. How is that even possible? We have paid our fees. We have been separated from our families far too long and it has put a burden on us. We constantly travel to visit my mom with hopes she can come back home soon. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/8/2018 at 9:07 AM, Shalom12528 said:

I got my invitation ..... from the American Consulate in Juarez to go for an interview and do the medical again... hope this is good... 

whats the time frame you are at? from applying for your waiver to this invitation?

9 hours ago, JackCasillas said:

whats the time frame you are at? from applying for your waiver to this invitation?

They received my waiver June 6th 2017 and gave me my waiver around July 10th 2018

Timeline
23 hours ago, Shalom12528 said:

They received my waiver June 6th 2017 and gave me my waiver around July 10th 2018

When is your appointment?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.