1,652 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Laura & Chris said:

We are the same perso! I did the same thing!!

two copies of everything 😂😂 my husband thinks it’s hilarious 

Mine says: “why are you even doing that, we might not be summoned for months!”...I’m like: “and when we do, we won’t have to get all that stuff together, we can even visit a new state a few days before, snap a few pictures and add them to the pile👌🏽“ , he just said yikes to that 🤣

my card is to be delivered today 🤞🏽🤞🏽, it’s been at the post office since Saturday already 😭 and i generated a to do list of places to go and update my info to my new name 💅🏽, been practicing the dmv permit exam questions, updated my resume to my new name, the volunteering stuff I’ve been doing in the meantime....very psycho stuff but I like being prepared😅😅😅 i used to spend 2 hours going over all the forms a month before i printed it out and no RFEs thank Goodness 😅 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 12/15/2018 at 3:35 PM, Kat&Joel said:

Hi @Ning_15.  Apologies for taking so long to get back you about the phone number to get to Tier 2.  You will want to call the customer service number at 1-800-375-5283 and then you'll follow the prompts to check on your status.  Use the selection that has you enter your Receipt number and check your status first.  It's a pain but it's how you get to talk to a real person.  After you hear the status from the automated guy it will ask you if you want to report a problem with your case.  That's how you talk to a person.  When you talk to tier 1 you need to let them know that your case is outside of processing time and they should then transfer you to tier 2.   I am also still waiting for my hubby's EAD and it's been very frustrating.  I hope you hear something soon!!

Im trying to call them but always CALL FAILED😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We still have no news on the EAD. We have been lied to everytime I call USCIS. This is so frustrating. I am calling again tomorrow and this time I am going to call them out for lying.

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

Ok so here’s a little update. My card was supposed to be delivered on monday 12/17/18 and for some ridiculous reason the post office didn’t. After many frustrating calls and visits, they just delivered my card, my ssn i got it on Wednesday, they hadn’t even delivered mail to the entire building for 5 days, that’s why the whole system went upside down and don’t get me started with usps and their customer service ethics which are None existent BUT I FINALLY AM DONE WITH THIS PART OMG!!!! I literally cried you guys 😭😭😭😭😭😭 what an exhausting and anxiety driven journey but it’s done for now omg!!!!

AD71C328-9F03-4E0F-8A3C-438308C1C44D.jpeg

Timeline

We called again and they told us to wait another 30 days and that our inquiry never even got assigned to anyone. They promised a reply to the case by today when we filed the inquiry. This was the third time we called. I am so over it. How hard is it to action something when they get reminded every couple weeks. I have had enough with being lied to. If anyone has any instructions on how to contact a Congress person that would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

We called again and they told us to wait another 30 days and that our inquiry never even got assigned to anyone. They promised a reply to the case by today when we filed the inquiry. This was the third time we called. I am so over it. How hard is it to action something when they get reminded every couple weeks. I have had enough with being lied to. If anyone has any instructions on how to contact a Congress person that would be greatly appreciated.

STILL NOTHING??? Wtffffff

if you’re case is past the 6 months do the following, which is what o did:

-http://house.gov/

http://www.senate.gov/

you can submit your case inquiry through senate or House of Representatives (either not both).

Send a case inquiry itself under processing times caue is way past the maximum amount of time.

Also request assistance through the CIS ombudsman: 

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

do all three, if not mandamus. You can send me a private text to check a couple of things with you if that’s ok

Hey guys! Hope everyone's been doing well :) I've been absent mostly because nothing's really happening with my GC but I'm excited to catch up on what's going on for everyone!

We're traveling to Sweden today, coming back on combo card (I never lose things but I'm so obnoxious about losing it while there for some reason). I'm super excited to get to spend the holidays with my family & friends back in Sweden. But I'm also excited about coming back to New York next year and continue to try and integrate myself here. It's been going a bit slower than I thought, which is fine, but I just can't wait till I'm completely settled. 

h

Timeline
21 hours ago, Mellamanlola said:

Ok so here’s a little update. My card was supposed to be delivered on monday 12/17/18 and for some ridiculous reason the post office didn’t. After many frustrating calls and visits, they just delivered my card, my ssn i got it on Wednesday, they hadn’t even delivered mail to the entire building for 5 days, that’s why the whole system went upside down and don’t get me started with usps and their customer service ethics which are None existent BUT I FINALLY AM DONE WITH THIS PART OMG!!!! I literally cried you guys 😭😭😭😭😭😭 what an exhausting and anxiety driven journey but it’s done for now omg!!!!

AD71C328-9F03-4E0F-8A3C-438308C1C44D.jpeg

Yey. So happy for you😘 just now my status has changed to new card was being produced. How long will I wait to receive my EAD? thank you❤️

19 hours ago, Ning_15 said:

Yey. So happy for you😘 just now my status has changed to new card was being produced. How long will I wait to receive my EAD? thank you❤️

Thank you!!!! This is a weight off my shoulders! I even took my dl permit exam and passed!!! About your EAD if it says it’s being produced, give it a week to go to card mailed then card picked up, only then you’ll get your tracking number :) idk if you got your approval letter already but in my case it went from case approved-letter-card mailed-card picked up by usps- delivered!!! Yaaaaaaay!!! After the approval letter your ssn card will arrive promptly too!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mellamanlola said:

Thank you!!!! This is a weight off my shoulders! I even took my dl permit exam and passed!!! About your EAD if it says it’s being produced, give it a week to go to card mailed then card picked up, only then you’ll get your tracking number :) idk if you got your approval letter already but in my case it went from case approved-letter-card mailed-card picked up by usps- delivered!!! Yaaaaaaay!!! After the approval letter your ssn card will arrive promptly too!

I got my ssn. When I arrived here. Yey so excited to do some job hunting☺️ And to drive soon❤️ God bless and happy holidays☺️☺️☺️

On 12/22/2018 at 10:20 AM, Mellamanlola said:

Is EAD and AP is in one card? Cause i look your EAD it says serves as advance parole. My EAD case status change to card being produced.

17 hours ago, Maria & Lester said:

Is EAD and AP is in one card? Cause i look your EAD it says serves as advance parole. My EAD case status change to card being produced.

It will depend on what your approval letter says, if it says your ead will serve as ap then you’ll get your card like mine, combo card, if not I believe the advance parole is a letter and you’ll need to travel with that letter in order to be paroled back into the states but it’ll probably be combo card👌🏽

Timeline

Our EAD status still says Case Received as of June 7th on the website.  The lady we talked to at Tier 1 said she would escalate the issue of them not updating anything but I doubt they'll even do that.  We will hit 7 months next Thursday.  Then I have to wait for the new Congressman to take office to submit a request through him.  I'll follow the ombudsman inquiry process after that.  I hope there isn't something wrong with our case that's causing them to hold it back for some reason.  This is really really frustrating.

On 12/25/2018 at 7:37 PM, Maria & Lester said:

Thankyou.. i can't wait to get the combo card (i hope🙏) it has been a year i stay here. Need to come home lol homesick 

7 hours ago, Maria & Lester said:

Thankyou.. i can't wait to get the combo card (i hope🙏) it has been a year i stay here. Need to come home lol homesick 

Okay my case status on december 21st it says card is being produced, and today i checked it on december 26th case was approved. Is this happen to your case? I mean its weird lol 

Screenshot_20181227-131327_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Maria & Lester

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.