1,652 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, Shoegum said:

Same here, however i only got two texts, did you get a receipt # for all 3?

I got two cases numbers for following forms, missing the travel I-131

On June 23, 2018, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application 

On June 8, 2018, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

you should get 3 receipt numbers for each one.

My fingerprint fee shows june 6,

and i-131 and i-765 shows now june 1... they changed it, cos initially it all showed june 6... hmmmmmm

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
On 6/25/2018 at 7:39 AM, Alabamak1 said:

I hope everyone here has received or applied for their SS#. A little update on my wife's SS#. I just hang up with the SSA agent. The 1-800-7721213 number we where given the day we applied and got manual verification....is useless to ask anything related to your situation (at least that was to ours). We applied 5/24/2018 and no SS# or card still. I will be going again today since it has been more than 30 days and nothing!!! We did go last week on Monday (3 weeks by then) and they only verified the information that was given to them the 1st time. At the time they told us they needed approval from USCIS to verify the documents we gave them (I-94, K-1 Visa and birth certificate). This may happen to anybody. Not only can my wife not do anything at all, because most Schools, banks, lease and more thing require SS#.  Hope everybody has a good day and I will post again when we get an answer today.

We were able to add my wife to chase with just her passport and a utility bill with her name on it.  For the utility bill just had to call the elec company and ask to add her name.  Our apartment didn't require a ssn either. They had a different application for foreign nationals.

Hi all. June AOS filer. I don't have a SSN yet, I applied for one with my EAD form, interested to see how that all works. Hopeful for a quick process with EAD and AP so I can get to work and travel. I am okay waiting for my green card.  AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 were all 20 June. Fingerprint fee says received 15 June. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
5 hours ago, LizM said:

Hey! No worries. These are the latest instructions: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos and here, you'll find a lot of useful example forms: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/

I think they may be updating the AOS form in August so just make sure you always have the correct (latest) version if every form you're using. You can do this by checking the date in the bottom right corner of the form. Browse around for other people's AOS cover letters to get an idea of what kind of evidence people have submitted. Good luck! :)

Thank you so much! 💕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bandt said:

We were able to add my wife to chase with just her passport and a utility bill with her name on it.  For the utility bill just had to call the elec company and ask to add her name.  Our apartment didn't require a ssn either. They had a different application for foreign nationals.

Yeah we tried that with our bank and electric company wasn't an issue. They went ahead and added her. I personally do not bank with major banks. I prefer smaller credit unions

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, LizM said:

A few of us have received an appointment for biometrics. :) And some RFIEs as well. 

Oh wow guys that’s pretty cool. I haven’t hear anything since I received my receipt on June 19 in the mail. 

1 minute ago, QueensNY said:

Oh wow guys that’s pretty cool. I haven’t hear anything since I received my receipt on June 19 in the mail. 

What is your current status on your I-485? If it says something like "Fingerprint fee received" then most likely your biometrics appointment letter is on its way over to you :)

h

Just received NOA1 e-notification for the I-485, I-765 and I-131... we provided a number and email but they only emailed me, very odd as they did text me for the K1.

Packet Sent: 06/16/18

Delivery Confirmation: 06/18/18 @ 10:25am

I-485 Fee Accepted: 06/22/18

I-765 Received: 06/18/18

I-131 Received: 06/18/18 

Good to know they are doing something with the papers at least! :rolleyes:

K1 Filed – 05/07/17

K1 NOA1 – N0A2 – 02/06/2018 (211 days)

K1 Interview – 04/11/18 – Approved

Visa in Hand – 05/03/18

POE – LAX – 05/16/2018

Married – 06/11/2018

AOS Filed – 06/18/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I had my biometric appointment today! It was really fast. I was the only person in the building haha. I was done in 5 minutes. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
10 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Great! Thanks! 

So I got a little bit more information about my RFIE. There was an attorney of the USCIS present at the biometric center. Luckely it wasn't busy and I was able to sit down with him and talk about it. He couldn't really give me a correct answer but he told me that he was confused about the situation. he said that I send in the right information since my mother in law doesn't has her Tax return for 2017 since she has an extension for it. ( so with other words I send in the most recent tax returns). 

after that I tried to call USCIS and asked them what to do. I called them 3 times today because none of them could really help me. They literally just read something to you from the book.

after that I tried to schedule a appointment with my field office but there where no appointments available for the upcoming 2 weeks.

So I just asked my mother in law to ask her accountant to get her tax forms for the year 2017 ready as soon as possible. he will start on it tomorrow. 

Let's hope he will be fast and I can send it in ASAP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.