1,652 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Kat&Joel said:

He called and the guy wouldn't tell him anything. He just repeated what the website said over and over. There was heavy static on the phone so my husband could barely hear the guy. This process is going to be the death of me.

How about tier 2?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 2/8/2019 at 1:38 PM, Mellamanlola said:

How about tier 2?

They wouldn't transfer him to Tier 2.  We have to try calling again on the 18th of February.  I dunno what's going on anymore.  

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

40 minutes ago, Kat&Joel said:

They wouldn't transfer him to Tier 2.  We have to try calling again on the 18th of February.  I dunno what's going on anymore.  

I think you’re going to have to hire a knowledgeable immigration lawyer to represent you guys. The lawyer should get an answer about your case, no runarounds, this is just insane 

1 hour ago, Kat&Joel said:

I've seen this before and I wouldn't worry just yet. It's happened to other people who've just gotten their interview dates later. 

If they send you a rejection letter (something like, "bla bla, you didn't show up to the interview... bla bla") then of course that's another issue. But even then I believe it's an easy fix, if you're quick to act with a written response (should suffice that you never received an invitation). 

Have you double checked that your address is updated with the USCIS? One person on here missed their interview and all because the USCIS had missed to add the apt # when they registered the address. Might be worth just checking they have the correct one for you. (Although like I said I do not believe you have missed your interview)

h

Just came to check in on everyone. 

What on earth Kat&Joel,  I feel terrible for you guys. They are giving you guys the run around big time. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I know I'm too late to join the party here but I just wanna say hi to everyone and get to know more about everyone's experience!

I'm F2A, i-130 PD is 05/22/17 (still pending)
I filed for AOS with I-765, I-131 06/25/18. 
I expedited my I-765 and got it early September but until now I have heard nothing about my I-131 even tho I've tried to call them 4+ times to expedite/investigate. Still nothing.
Anyways, I got RFE for I-485 last October and I already sent out the package to respond November but it seemed that they lost my package and they claimed they never received. We tried to call 5 times and they told us to wait till they respond but no respond so far, investigation was opened but no reply, tier 1 said tier 2 would call, NO CALL. NOTHING. Until we freaked out and re-sent the package once again in 02/01 (friday). 02/04 I got the status  changed " respond ... received". Okay, great this time they got it. 
Fast forward I got the status changed "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" 02/12/19, which was yesterday. 
My field office is Mt. Laurel NJ. I've read  a lot of people had to wait for 7 months + for the status to change from "ready to schedule" to ..."interview was scheduled". However, since I already sent out the i-485 last year, would it count the pending time as waiting time? Or I would have to expect the date to reset from the time they received my RFE respond? 

Looking forward to any helpful inputs/experience. Thank you so much! 

6 hours ago, sinyanmei92 said:

Hi everyone, 

I know I'm too late to join the party here but I just wanna say hi to everyone and get to know more about everyone's experience!

I expedited my I-765 and got it early September but until now I have heard nothing about my I-131 even tho I've tried to call them 4+ times to expedite/investigate. Still nothing.
Anyways, I got RFE for I-485 last October and I already sent out the package to respond November but it seemed that they lost my package and they claimed they never received. We tried to call 5 times and they told us to wait till they respond but no respond so far, investigation was opened but no reply, tier 1 said tier 2 would call, NO CALL. NOTHING. Until we freaked out and re-sent the package once again in 02/01 (friday). 02/04 I got the status  changed " respond ... received". Okay, great this time they got it. 
Fast forward I got the status changed "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" 02/12/19, which was yesterday. 
My field office is Mt. Laurel NJ. I've read  a lot of people had to wait for 7 months + for the status to change from "ready to schedule" to ..."interview was scheduled". However, since I already sent out the i-485 last year, would it count the pending time as waiting time? Or I would have to expect the date to reset from the time they received my RFE respond? 

Honestly, those timelines are nothing. USCIS does what they want. If I were you I would just wait until they send you a date, there is not much more you can do.

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

8 hours ago, sinyanmei92 said:

Hi everyone, 

I believe that F2A is a visa category for LPR spouses. You can’t adjust status with an LPR, your spouse has to be a USC for you to qualify for an adjustment, that category usually goes thru consular processing. Please clarify 🤔

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mellamanlola said:

I believe that F2A is a visa category for LPR spouses. You can’t adjust status with an LPR, your spouse has to be a USC for you to qualify for an adjustment, that category usually goes thru consular processing. Please clarify 🤔

F2A still can adjust status if the beneficiary is currently in the States and when they send out their AoS package, they were still holding a valid visa (in my case I was adjusting from student F1 visa to AoS). Also F2A can file for AoS even if their I-130 is pending as long as the I-130 filing date is current. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MarksMate said:

Honestly, those timelines are nothing. USCIS does what they want. If I were you I would just wait until they send you a date, there is not much more you can do.

That’s what I figured, just wanna ask to clarify if anyone has a similar exp :) 

26 minutes ago, sinyanmei92 said:

F2A still can adjust status if the beneficiary is currently in the States and when they send out their AoS package, they were still holding a valid visa (in my case I was adjusting from student F1 visa to AoS). Also F2A can file for AoS even if their I-130 is pending as long as the I-130 filing date is current. 

Based on aos instructions, your i130 has to be approved for your type of visa (ask the VJ pros to confirm) cause the type of visa we’re adjusting from can only be done by usc and we go out of status  limbo until approved for ead/ap. Also ap is for traveling outside the US while waiting for adjudication, if your visa is still valid you should use that to travel unless you’re out of status 🤔🤔🤔🤔

but in any case AOS is taking forever nowadays 🙄🙄🙄 my ead/ap took 180 days and processing times for BK NY are over 2 years 😪 i wish citizenship counted from marriage cause by the time i was due I’d get a US passport straight from the bat 🤣 over 2 years for a GC 🤣🤣🤣 good luck tho 🥰🥰🥰

Timeline
7 hours ago, Mellamanlola said:

Based on aos instructions, your i130 has to be approved for your type of visa (ask the VJ pros to confirm) cause the type of visa we’re adjusting from can only be done by usc and we go out of status  limbo until approved for ead/ap. Also ap is for traveling outside the US while waiting for adjudication, if your visa is still valid you should use that to travel unless you’re out of status 🤔🤔🤔🤔

but in any case AOS is taking forever nowadays 🙄🙄🙄 my ead/ap took 180 days and processing times for BK NY are over 2 years 😪 i wish citizenship counted from marriage cause by the time i was due I’d get a US passport straight from the bat 🤣 over 2 years for a GC 🤣🤣🤣 good luck tho 🥰🥰🥰

Of course my I-130 has to be approved, but I still can send out AoS package as long as my I-130 is current (which it was, around May last year). And also when I applied for AoS, I was still having a valid status :).

I already had my EAD in hand as of September 2018 because I expedited it successfully so I’m not too worry about that. I can always renew EAD/AP combo card as long as my I-485 is pending and it’s all free.

Only now my I-485 is pending schedule for an interview and I’m worried if it will take another 6 months +.

I’ve already waited for 19 months for the whole process, and right now people with May 2017 Pd are starting to get approved which is a good sign for me. Hopefully my case will be approved soon before I have my interview. 

The waiting game is long but it all paid off in the end since I would get a 10 year GC instead of 2, so it’s worth it ;) 

1 hour ago, sinyanmei92 said:

Of course my I-130 has to be approved, but I still can send out AoS package as long as my I-130 is current (which it was, around May last year). And also when I applied for AoS, I was still having a valid status :).

I already had my EAD in hand as of September 2018 because I expedited it successfully so I’m not too worry about that. I can always renew EAD/AP combo card as long as my I-485 is pending and it’s all free.

Only now my I-485 is pending schedule for an interview and I’m worried if it will take another 6 months +.

I’ve already waited for 19 months for the whole process, and right now people with May 2017 Pd are starting to get approved which is a good sign for me. Hopefully my case will be approved soon before I have my interview. 

The waiting game is long but it all paid off in the end since I would get a 10 year GC instead of 2, so it’s worth it ;) 

Oh ok, I thought you said tou hadnt heard nothing bout i131 but if you got a combo card then that’s both i765+i131. The RFE pauses your case and resumes once everything is received and the ‘case ready to be scheduled’ means that you did send everything and you’re sitting in line for GC. Tbh I complained A LOT about how long my ead/ap took but theeeeeen I remembered the 2yr/10yr bit and calmed down because how wonderful it is to get this over with for one single fee👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽😁

This wait is a pain in the A$$ 😒

As of July 25 my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. 251 days so far!

So frustrating 😤

At least I got the EAD/AP card... but job hunt is also very slow! Everybody is just taking their sweet time.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, apinchofstella said:

This wait is a pain in the A$$ 😒

As of July 25 my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. 251 days so far!

So frustrating 😤

At least I got the EAD/AP card... but job hunt is also very slow! Everybody is just taking their sweet time.

Omg 251 days. This is super long! Almost the time I filed for my AoS. Then my waiting time is gonna take forever lol. Btw where is your filed office? It also depends on the filed office that handles your case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.