1,652 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Roy Janssen said:

So I got a little bit more information about my RFIE. There was an attorney of the USCIS present at the biometric center. Luckely it wasn't busy and I was able to sit down with him and talk about it. He couldn't really give me a correct answer but he told me that he was confused about the situation. he said that I send in the right information since my mother in law doesn't has her Tax return for 2017 since she has an extension for it. ( so with other words I send in the most recent tax returns). 

after that I tried to call USCIS and asked them what to do. I called them 3 times today because none of them could really help me. They literally just read something to you from the book.

after that I tried to schedule a appointment with my field office but there where no appointments available for the upcoming 2 weeks.

So I just asked my mother in law to ask her accountant to get her tax forms for the year 2017 ready as soon as possible. he will start on it tomorrow. 

Let's hope he will be fast and I can send it in ASAP.

Thanks! 

You couldn’t get the tier2 to talk to? 

I guess you just have to file 2017 soon and send it ASAP. It is too bad that they wouldn’t accept 2016.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Thanks! 

You couldn’t get the tier2 to talk to? 

I guess you just have to file 2017 soon and send it ASAP. It is too bad that they wouldn’t accept 2016.

No i couldn't, I asked both times. 

Yeah hopefully the accountant will be fast with the tax returns.

Does anybody knows if my EAD an AP is also on hold because of this RFIE?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

By what I read somewhere,  unfortunately, yes:(

Ow haha I just read somewhere on VJ that it doesn't pause your EAD and AP. 

and on the RFIE they are only talking about the case number for my AOS.

SO hopefully they are still working on my EAD and AP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 6/26/2018 at 11:26 AM, Swissmiss82 said:

you should get 3 receipt numbers for each one.

My fingerprint fee shows june 6,

and i-131 and i-765 shows now june 1... they changed it, cos initially it all showed june 6... hmmmmmm

hmm that's weird I only got the 2 receipt numbers. Are all 3 of your Receipt numbers one after another? Increment by 1?

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Shoegum said:

hmm that's weird I only got the 2 receipt numbers. Are all 3 of your Receipt numbers one after another? Increment by 1?

I have 3 reciept numbers and yes they are one after another.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

@LizM we got biometrics done! and the wife also has her own secured credit card opened under her name. Yahoo. Co-mingled finances are ready, social security card at the mailbox, lease has her name also in it, some letters/postcards and official notifications for proof of address.... we are ready for ROC now (LMAO)!!! Proof of bonafide marriage is on the work.     

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

3 hours ago, Shoegum said:

yes correct, i have 3 receipt numbers, first is I-485, second 765 and last I-131... that's the order...

Btw - this is my experience today:

walked in (4 others had an appt at 8am), waited in line to sign in, officer 1 at that desk:

him: your passport is not matching the name on this invitation

me: yes sir, we got married on a k1, that's why i'm here

him: i need your marriage certificate

me: handing him the certificate (IT WAS NOT REQUIRMENT ON THE INVITE, but something told me to bring it....)

him: please have a seat in front of office xy

i walked over, 2 min later the lady asked me to get inside, she verified all documents, stamped it, sent me back to officer

officer gave me a form to fill out and return to him, then sent me to wait in the other area

10 min later a FRIENDLY (yaaaaaay) lady called me up for the picture (new: you are allowed to smile hahaha) and the fingerprints.

she apologised that i had to drive so far and that there isn't an office closer to us! 

as i wanted to know more about my driving licence (that is currently temporary due to my status) and i wanted to know something about

the travel outside country - timing, we were sent back to office xy to talk to the same lady.

thankfully my husband is a funny easy going man so he made her smile a little and she "tried" to help me!

so what she said, completely shocked me:

she said that the SSN and Driving licence should not be issued until work permit is through!!!!! 

i handed her my temporary DL and the ss copy i have in my wallet. she was surprised and said they should have never

done this, this is not allowed blabla! :S

i think these people are not well trained, especially seeing how "busy" they are >>> she literally copied in front of us while waiting for fingerprints,

and it was her crossword book to make copies of them! when she ordered us back in her office, she had these copies on her desk and turned them away once we asked our question!!! :o:o:o 

anyways - the best part: she said "oh you guys filed for travel and work too? well you'll have to come back for fingerprints then..."

HUUUUH????? i hope this isn't true, but it would be ridiculous since i just gave my fingerprints and took a picture right now?! 

good thing of the entire experience: we were out in 25 minutes! :) now let's see what comes next....

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

6 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

yes correct, i have 3 receipt numbers, first is I-485, second 765 and last I-131... that's the order...

walked in (4 others had an appt at 8am), waited in line to sign in, officer 1 at that desk:

me: handing him the certificate (IT WAS NOT REQUIRMENT ON THE INVITE, but something told me to bring it....)

i walked over, 2 min later the lady asked me to get inside, she verified all documents, stamped it, sent me back to officer

officer gave me a form to fill out and return to him, then sent me to wait in the other area

10 min later a FRIENDLY (yaaaaaay) lady called me up for the picture (new: you are allowed to smile hahaha) and the fingerprints.

she apologised that i had to drive so far and that there isn't an office closer to us! 

as i wanted to know more about my driving licence (that is currently temporary due to my status) and i wanted to know something about

the travel outside country - timing, we were sent back to office xy to talk to the same lady.

thankfully my husband is a funny easy going man so he made her smile a little and she "tried" to help me!

she said that the SSN and Driving licence should not be issued until work permit is through!!!!! 

i handed her my temporary DL and the ss copy i have in my wallet. she was surprised and said they should have never

i think these people are not well trained, especially seeing how "busy" they are >>> she literally copied in front of us while waiting for fingerprints,

and it was her crossword book to make copies of them! when she ordered us back in her office, she had these copies on her desk and turned them away once we asked our question!!! :o:o:o 

anyways - the best part: she said "oh you guys filed for travel and work too? well you'll have to come back for fingerprints then..."

HUUUUH????? i hope this isn't true, but it would be ridiculous since i just gave my fingerprints and took a picture right now?! 

good thing of the entire experience: we were out in 25 minutes! :) now let's see what comes next....

How long is your driver license? 

Hahah, was a fun experience for you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

I skipped that part here, because my wife was told not go in before her actual appointment was. We where there today at 10:05am and they send her to go wait in the car till 11am.  

We finally got the social security card in the mail and trying to setup mysocialsecurity account was not possible. We wanted to do this to prevent someone from accessing her identity as it says in the flyer from SSA.  Again we have to go to SSA, because either the system wasn't setup or something on the server didn't allow that. When she called, forget the using the husband/wife line to help with providing the information and maybe getting the translator on the phone. It's FREE, whatever. Didn't get the help in Russian either. Short story: They asked her moms  maiden name and she got confused with her married name and immediately they blocked the help....go to SSA!!! So another trip to setup the online stuff

Edited by Alabamak1

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Honestly, I am so down about the waiting process.. I think my local office fort Myers based on the data issued is very very slow. I am so sad:( 

this is ridiculous to wait a year to get a green card. I see people from February waits 150 days for work permits. This is all crazy that some people have interview less than three months and others have to wait even a year. I wish I can move to places where they process cases faster ..

43 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

How long is your driver license? 

Hahah, was a fun experience for you. 

ironically the driving licence is valid until july 29th, the 90 day that i am officially allowed to be in country with the K1.....

so the lady at the dmv said to come back 1 week prior that 29th, to check if the status has been adjusted from uscis,

meaning they could temporary put another 6 months on it, otherwise i'll have to re-do it once i got my GC

now the lady at uscis said that i should have neeeever been able to get that DL...? 

well how else am i supposed to drive around if my international DL is apparentely only valid for 90 days? 

anyways - fun experience... no surprise though

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.