Shelly25

Potomac Processing Time

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good day Everyone.

I recently created this profile because I'm feeling kinda lost right now.

I'm seeking advice in regards to the Potomac service center processing time.

And I also wanna know if there's anyone who've filed the I-130 form In November- December 2017 received any feedback from uscis.

• Does it really takes up to 8.5-11 months for the for you to get an update?
  • If your case was at the Potomac center, how long did it take for them to approve the form

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I filed in late August (25), got routed to Potomac, and was approved on April 16th. Just shy of 8 months.

I know you're looking for those who filed a bit later but I just wanted to throw in my experience with Potomac since it was recent. The "8.5-11 months" is an overestimation, most people are hearing back between 7 and 8 months it seems. But at the same time wait times are getting worse as time goes on so it's hard to say.

The current average is about 7 or so months to hear back (approval/RFE/denial) on an I-130 at Potomac. Some cases do take longer. Some cases are even faster. Note that this is how long people who are currently hearing back have waited...nobody knows how long it will be in the future so those are just rough estimates.

An update will either be an approval (NOA2), an RFE, a denial, or a NOID. An RFE or NOID must be responded to with additional information, then you wait for them to adjudicate the petition again (usually responses to these are within 60 days).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
28 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The current average is about 7 or so months to hear back (approval/RFE/denial) on an I-130 at Potomac. Some cases do take longer. Some cases are even faster. Note that this is how long people who are currently hearing back have waited...nobody knows how long it will be in the future so those are just rough estimates.

An update will either be an approval (NOA2), an RFE, a denial, or a NOID. An RFE or NOID must be responded to with additional information, then you wait for them to adjudicate the petition again (usually responses to these are within 60 days).

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it

Timeline
36 minutes ago, shumway88 said:

I filed in late August (25), got routed to Potomac, and was approved on April 16th. Just shy of 8 months.

I know you're looking for those who filed a bit later but I just wanted to throw in my experience with Potomac since it was recent. The "8.5-11 months" is an overestimation, most people are hearing back between 7 and 8 months it seems. But at the same time wait times are getting worse as time goes on so it's hard to say.

Thanks much. Keeping my fingers cross, hoping I'll hear something by August this year

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-3 Case Progress subforum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2018 at 10:52 AM, Shelly25 said:

Good day Everyone.

I recently created this profile because I'm feeling kinda lost right now.

I'm seeking advice in regards to the Potomac service center processing time.

And I also wanna know if there's anyone who've filed the I-130 form In November- December 2017 received any feedback from uscis.

• Does it really takes up to 8.5-11 months for the for you to get an update?
  • If your case was at the Potomac center, how long did it take for them to approve the form

Hello! Have you received any updates ?

I filed the I-130 form in March 2018, Potomac Service Center. 

Edited by Melissa1695

Timeline
On 8/17/2018 at 8:02 PM, Melissa1695 said:

Hello! Have you received any updates ?

I filed the I-130 form in March 2018, Potomac Service Center. 

My case has been approved in July. I'm waiting for my case number from NVC now

1 hour ago, Shelly25 said:

My case has been approved in July. I'm waiting for my case number from NVC now

Congrats!!!! 😊 hopefully mine doesn’t take too long. It seems like Potomac is one the slowest center. Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

Timeline
1 hour ago, Melissa1695 said:

Congrats!!!! 😊 hopefully mine doesn’t take too long. It seems like Potomac is one the slowest center. Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

Thank you. They were lol. But we saw a lot of person's from Potomac getting approved recently. Praying that they don't slow down again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, nickymicky said:

February filler @ Potomac VJ's timeline says.. lets see

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between August 18, 2018 and August 25, 2018*. 

Did you get any news? I saw only one person approved in february here on VJ so far

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 minute ago, D & T said:

Did you get any news? I saw only one person approved in february here on VJ so far

No update from USCIS

only update from VJ its changing every day:dance:

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between August 16, 2018 and August 23, 2018*. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, nickymicky said:

No update from USCIS

only update from VJ its changing every day:dance:

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between August 16, 2018 and August 23, 2018*. 

It changes every day indeed! So as per VJ they may get your case within the next days. Keep us posted pleasee

Spoiler
Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.