TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

RFE arrived in the mail on Tuesday, asking for more evidence of our physical meeting within 2 years. 
Strange, since we included plenty of photos, passport stamps, flight itineraries, etc. 

Called the lawyer and sent the same information back again, along with

1. a sworn statement
  2. 2 signed affidavits
  3. Hotel booking confirmations
  4. credit card statements proving travel
  5. even more photos together
  6. the physical luggage tags from my bag from my last visit
  7. a photo copy of our entire scrapbook together

Hopefully that will be enough. Fedex overnighted the RFE back yesterday (nice $75 postage) and it arrived at the CSC today. According to our immigration lawyer, couriered packages are usually faster than USPS packages to the PO-box but that sounds a bit like a myth. Hopefully the NOA2 should come in a week or two. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just spoke to a tier 2 officer at USCIS and he says that when he tries to submit a request, it showed that I would need to wait for another 38 days. I am a Nov 8th filer. I don't know what's going on. On their website, Nov 2 inquiry is the inquiry date. it's almost 7 months now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I haven't run any scans today, but I do see 11 updates on VJ for November approvals today... based on that, I'm going to revise my estimate up that we will see 107 approvals today; at least that many updates... but keeping the faith!

It's a fun guessing game, I suppose...

Anyone else have a guess?

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ann and Meet said:

I just spoke to a tier 2 officer at USCIS and he says that when he tries to submit a request, it showed that I would need to wait for another 38 days. I am a Nov 8th filer. I don't know what's going on. On their website, Nov 2 inquiry is the inquiry date. it's almost 7 months now. 

We are 2 days after you, November 10, 2017 and our congressman called USCIS. USCIS told them our account is assigned to an officer and we should expect an action within 45 days:(

Edited by BluesDancer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

@Naes @x_driven_x there is something I would like to ask you both and get your professional opinion on but I would not like it to be on the public forum so I would like to speak with both of you privately please and thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

I haven't run any scans today, but I do see 11 updates on VJ for November approvals today... based on that, I'm going to revise my estimate up that we will see 107 approvals today; at least that many updates... but keeping the faith!

I’m hoping for as many approvals as possible today.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, hassan247 said:

@Naes @x_driven_x there is something I would like to ask you both and get your professional opinion on but I would not like it to be on the public forum so I would like to speak with both of you privately please and thank you 

Send me a private message using the message feature here on VJ.

K1 / K2 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

89 just cause it is the year I was born lol 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

It's not a fun guessing game for us, our dream formal wedding date of September 8th, 2018 is one week from being cancelled. It was my fault for not anticipating it would take longer than 1 month based on the estimated times 6 months ago. We are looking at 2 months and 1 week over based on the conversations with those in the congressional office. So we have a possible 45 more days to go according to USCIS. We have wedding gowns to fit and new rings to pick out and fit, and friends living out of town including my best man need enough lead time to be allowed to take time off. We have an easy application with paperwork given to the max level with extreme organization. If it is meant to be then God will it make it happen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, programmer437 said:

RFE arrived in the mail on Tuesday, asking for more evidence of our physical meeting within 2 years. 
Strange, since we included plenty of photos, passport stamps, flight itineraries, etc. 

Called the lawyer and sent the same information back again, along with

1. a sworn statement
  2. 2 signed affidavits
  3. Hotel booking confirmations
  4. credit card statements proving travel
  5. even more photos together
  6. the physical luggage tags from my bag from my last visit
  7. a photo copy of our entire scrapbook together

Hopefully that will be enough. Fedex overnighted the RFE back yesterday (nice $75 postage) and it arrived at the CSC today. According to our immigration lawyer, couriered packages are usually faster than USPS packages to the PO-box but that sounds a bit like a myth. Hopefully the NOA2 should come in a week or two. 

I’ve nearly lost all hope in this insanely beaurocratic, inefficient, and random process. I’m assuming that I will also receive an RFE because I included the same evidence in my application as you did. At the time, I felt as if I had included more than sufficient evidence; however, it seems now that I may have been wrong. What else is there to send really? I am leaving the country in 2 weeks and will be gone for 2 months; therefore, I’m concerned that further delays or an RFE while I am away will surely push this process back exponentially. I’ve already reached out to my local representative but have yet to hear back from them (go figure). I’m stoked for everyone getting approved but monitoring  this shoddy service over our month feels like this whole thing is a giant cra# shoot.

Edited by p squared

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BluesDancer said:

It's not a fun guessing game for us, our dream formal wedding date of September 8th, 2018 is one week from being cancelled. It was my fault for not anticipating it would take longer than 1 month based on the estimated times 6 months ago. We are looking at 2 months and 1 week over based on the conversations with those in the congressional office. So we have a possible 45 more days to go according to USCIS. We have wedding gowns to fit and new rings to pick out and fit, and friends living out of town including my best man need enough lead time to be allowed to take time off. We have an easy application with paperwork given to the max level with extreme organization. If it is meant to be then God will it make it happen.

I wish you luck... I think the answers of 30 / 45 day waits is just standard.... my senators office told me it might take 30-60 days for them to hear back.. I would recommend contacting both of your state senators and your district congressman/woman. I've heard sometimes the congressnman/woman is easier to work with because senators are extremely busy.

I'm hoping we see a lot of movement today, tomorrow, and next week and that you'll have your approval soon!

2 months from NOA2 to POE is a good estimate from what I've seen, though I know it's possible to do in about a month if your country is easy to book appoitnments and you stay on top of things and don't need much planning.  September 8th is probably still doable at this point I think... Good luck!

1 minute ago, p squared said:

I’ve nearly lost all hope in this insanely beaurocratic, inefficient, and random process. I’m assuming that I will also receive an RFE because I included the same evidence in my application as you did. At the time, I felt as if I had included more than sufficient evidence; however, it seems now that I may have been wrong. What else is there to send really? I am leaving the country in 2 weeks and will be gone for 2 months; therefore, I’m concerned that further delays or an RFE while I am away will surely push this process back exponentially. I’ve already reached out to my local representative but have yet to hear back from them (go figure). I’m stoked for everyone getting approved but monitoring  this shoddy service over our month feels like this whole thing is a giant ####### shoot.

Unfortunately, sometimes you do send enough, but they lose it for whatever reason.... all you can do is wait and see and have copies of everything prepared to send again if you need to.

K1 / K2 Visa

Timeline
6 hours ago, sakuragail said:

Hi everyone  

NOA1:Nov 15 old website 

NOA1:Nov 17 new website 

NOA2:May 31 

old website case was approved,new website still received

Good luck to all of you just have faith and pray 

@sakuragailWe have the same NOA dates! OMG! I hope this means ours is coming really soon...

@Naes

Checked your timeline and it looks like it only took how many weeks of getting your number from NVC. Question, how long would it really take for NVC to receive our case coming from CSC and how long should we wait to get our NVC number?  I've been trying to check online and it says 6 weeks - 3 months. Does it really take that long? 

Thank you in advance 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.