TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This might've been asked already but I just wanted to make sure. 

I received my NOA2 in the mail on 06/25 and got the email approval on 06/19. The letter says I have to wait 30 days but I see some posting saying we can call right away for a #?  

As I am a little confuse :D please kindly advise on what next step I should make. 

Thank youuuuu!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, AE2017 said:

I received my NOA2 in the mail on 06/25 and got the email approval on 06/19. The letter says I have to wait 30 days but I see some posting saying we can call right away for a #?  

As I am a little confuse :D please kindly advise on what next step I should make. 

Thank youuuuu!

wait a week then start pestering then😂🤣😂🤣

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

42 minutes ago, AE2017 said:

Thank youuuuu!

Begin calling about 10-15 business days, not including holidays, to retrieve your case number. You only need to make one call a day and the two best times to call so your not on hold for hours is 7 am EDT but not 7:05 because now you are in the que and the other is late at night.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

11 hours ago, mital said:

Hi I call nvc they informed me that my case number is in pandding, what is mean that they received my file drone uscis ??

Can't say for sure. Did you ask that question to the agent you spoke to? Can mean either it's still at USCIS or it's in NVC and they haven't assigned a number. Just call once per day and ask till they give you your case number.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

18 hours ago, Jeffreyyu said:

Receive our RFE in the mail yesterday it asking for certified copy of divorce decree showing judge signature.. so I'm wondering if this can work

Yes that will answer the RFE because if you reread the screen shot you took it states that it will be signed by the judge. I think that will do you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, lakwatserangpinay said:

Now I know how it feels... :)

NOA 1 (OLD) Nov 22

NOA 1 (NEW) NOV 27

NOA 2 JUNE 26 (THRU NEW WEBSITE) 

approval.png

Congratulations!!! :thumbs:

Pls Help, this is what I got after my case inquiry, my case is 227 days today after sending noa1 and 240 days after sending my petition.

Your case is currently delayed because the required security checks are still pending. We cannot make a decision on your case until we receive the results of these security checks. 

We hope this information is helpful to you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr Jay said:

Pls Help, this is what I got after my case inquiry, my case is 227 days today after sending noa1 and 240 days after sending my petition.

Your case is currently delayed because the required security checks are still pending. We cannot make a decision on your case until we receive the results of these security checks. 

We hope this information is helpful to you. 

It looks like they want you to wait longer so they can pull up more information. What country is your beneficiary from? Atleast they have acknowledged they're looking into it and have actually touched it.

Have you contacted your representative to get involved?

Timeline

I received an email response from my congressional case worker today:

RE: I-129F Case

USCIS records confirm that the referenced case is pending background check clearance. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely manner while also ensuring public safety and national security. A small percentage of applications and petitions have unresolved background check issues that temporarily delay adjudication. Although USCIS makes every effort to resolve such cases promptly, USCIS is unable to speculate when the background check will be completed. 

If a background check reveals an issue that may impact an applicant’s eligibility for the requested immigration benefit, further inquiry is needed. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or contact with another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS will adjudicate the application as quickly as possible. 

USCIS realizes that the constituent may be frustrated by the progress of their case. However, the agency must balance individual inconvenience against broader issues of public safety and national security.

So basically, those of us with delays are likely experiencing backround security issues and it seems the service centers respond back to politicians far faster than civilian service inquiries

Takeaway: Just keep waiting.<_<

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So I just got a response to our outside normal processing case inquiry...I called and spoke with a tier 2 officer. Apparently our security clearance still has not gone through. She couldn't tell me anything more than that. Im so frustrated. Our case is simple. I've never been arrested and neither has he. We both have never been married. I had to go through extensive background checks when my brother joined the air force just to be able to enter the air force base for his graduation. My fiance is a doctor who works at a government hospital so he has already undergone extensive background checks to work there as well. I know USCIS does their own detailed background checks but how long does it take? Its been 7+ months. Does anyone know what the standard time for this is? Or is my case going to be on hold forever? I feel so incredibly crushed right now, this whole process has been so difficult on my fiance and I and I just want it to be over already. Does the fact that we are both Jordanian and Muslim have anything to do with why this is taking so long while others are being approved way after us?

Edit: Just saw the above posts about security checks pending. What countries are you guys from? Is this a Middle East issue?

Edited by Sandy05

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sandy05 said:

So I just got a response to our outside normal processing case inquiry...I called and spoke with a tier 2 officer. Apparently our security clearance still has not gone through. She couldn't tell me anything more than that. Im so frustrated. Our case is simple. I've never been arrested and neither has he. We both have never been married. I had to go through extensive background checks when my brother joined the air force just to be able to enter the air force base for his graduation. My fiance is a doctor who works at a government hospital so he has already undergone extensive background checks to work there as well. I know USCIS does their own detailed background checks but how long does it take? Its been 7+ months. Does anyone know what the standard time for this is? Or is my case going to be on hold forever? I feel so incredibly crushed right now, this whole process has been so difficult on my fiance and I and I just want it to be over already. Does the fact that we are both Jordanian and Muslim have anything to do with why this is taking so long while others are being approved way after us?

Edit: Just saw the above posts about security checks pending. What countries are you guys from? Is this a Middle East issue?

My beneficiary is Romanian, never committed a crime nor has any family member of hers committed a crime. I'm US Air Force, obviously never committed a crime nor has my immediate family.

Simple case, we both have never been married, no kids, etc. Why would this be a middle eastern issue?

A poster with a Ghana beneficiary had to wait 9.5 months for their NO2 so I can't really complain right now. I'm just glad the petition is not lost nor have we received any RFE yet.

Edited by Rocko20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.