TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Just now, Blue Love U & I said:

I will try calling them.

Thank you. I will let you know what happens.

Just now, Blue Love U & I said:

Thank you. I will let you know what happens.

1 hour ago, Blue Love U & I said:

I also tried the e-request form on the uscis website, a reply came back saying that they will process my request and get back to me on june 6 2018

I am November 2, 2017 and waiting for NOA2 as well. Where were you able to submit an e-request online? I was told yesterday it was disabled BUT there are several different links across the website? When did you do it and can you link me to the specific form? You can also email the ombudsman (cisombudsman.publicaffairs@hq.dhs.gov) and they will auto-reply with a link to a form to file a follow-up. 

6 minutes ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

I am November 2, 2017 and waiting for NOA2 as well. Where were you able to submit an e-request online? I was told yesterday it was disabled BUT there are several different links across the website? When did you do it and can you link me to the specific form? You can also email the ombudsman (cisombudsman.publicaffairs@hq.dhs.gov) and they will auto-reply with a link to a form to file a follow-up. 

I went directly to the uscis website processing timeline. I put in the place that would be processing the petition which was California and the date that i received our noa1 which was November 2 2017. The screen would come up and you look down and it will tell you that if it is not normal processing time to click on that website and it brought to the eform to fill out.

5 minutes ago, Blue Love U & I said:

I went directly to the uscis website processing timeline. I put in the place that would be processing the petition which was California and the date that i received our noa1 which was November 2 2017. The screen would come up and you look down and it will tell you that if it is not normal processing time to click on that website and it brought to the eform to fill out.

I submitted the e-form request on may 17 and immediately got a reply. That said they will process my request and reply back by june 6th....today is the 7th, and i havent heard from them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Blue Love U & I said:

I submitted the e-form request on may 17 and immediately got a reply. That said they will process my request and reply back by june 6th....today is the 7th, and i havent heard from them.

Try calling the USCIS and request to speak to a tier 2 officer 1-800-375-5283 then just press 1-1-2-2. Let us know what they'll say!

Edited by Sagada

4 minutes ago, Sagada said:

Try calling the USCIS and request to speak to a tier 2 officer 1-800-375-5283 then just press 1-1-2-2. Let us know what they'll say!

I talked with someone from uscis, and they stated that i will have to wait a few more week because my time was in normal processing time, and i should hear something by the end of the month. Ugh!!! More waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Blue Love U & I said:

I talked with someone from uscis, and they stated that i will have to wait a few more week because my time was in normal processing time, and i should hear something by the end of the month. Ugh!!! More waiting.

Please fill out your timeline!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/intro.php

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Blue Love U & I said:

What date is your NOA1? Kindly fill your timeline😊

@Blue Love U & I We have the same date as you also.  Nov 2nd NOA1... and still waiting for NOA2. 

217 days now.  Maybe contact your congressman? We've done all the steps til now... calling USCIS as well.  Hoping our congresswoman is able to assist us further.  Good luck!

Jela (USC, Missouri) & Ben (East Indian in Dubai)  :wub:

Adjusting Status from Conditional Green Card after K1 Visa:
4-20-21 Sent 751 packet (via USPS overnight)

4-21-21 Received by USCIS (Signed by T. Wright)

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-10-21  Check cashed/cleared our bank

5-13-21  Hard copy of 797 Received in postal mail

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

5-21-21 Biometrics letter received in postal mail.

14 hours ago, LenaT said:

@nykolos I am from Russia and we got approved on the 4th. I was worried we would be approved the last for the same reason, but everything worked well in the end. I've also heard that the Moscow embassy started giving a regular amount of dates for interviews, so at least this step of the process shouldn't be a problem for us anymore.

Good luck for you guys!

Hi @LenaT We are November filers (11-28-2017) and still waiting for NOA2 and I speak Russian. Можем мы поговорить где то в личке. Я могу скинуть свой email. Была бы рада поделиться как проходит весь этот процесс. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

I understand your frustration. :girlwerewolf2xn: Maybe looking from their side will lend a little more sympathy. In the month April 2018 46,000 visas were issued in just that month alone. That's more than a half a million immigrants wanting and getting approved. How many applied and got denied. Thousands. And to think that each country has it's own imprint (it's history, it's character, it's nuance's, it's people and their views)   So it's a rather large work load to adjudicate. No one country is the same and no person from that country is the same.

We are but ONE in the Millions that apply. Could the system be better, SURE! But, there are not unlimited funds or personnel to throw at this problem. They systems gets tweaked where it can. For example, they are looking at electronic processing all visas soon. Their in the test phase as we speak. Some of you have seen your records are now referred to as electronic.

So take this process with a grain of salt. It is what it is. :dancing:

Thank you for the insight, I am very glad to hear they are joining the electronic world! :dancing: I wanted to clarify, though.  I am not at all attacking individuals, or even departments of petition adjudicators, or even USCIS. I currently work in a confidential records department that is understaffed by 50%. I understand burn-out, deadlines, and absolutely impossible amounts of work and the pressure to get it done within time constraints. I've also seen first-hand refugees of war waiting over two years to hear back about their own visa petitions. 

I was referring to the lack of support our government lends as a whole to this process. It is such a hot button topic in this political climate, and it deserves more resources and staff than it currently has. Regardless of party affiliation, we should ALL want this process to work better and more efficiently for everyone who is impacted.

...also, you will never hear me respond with 'it is what it is' in regards to our government... 'it is' what we make it. We should never forget that. ;) 

I'm stepping off my soapbox now...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
23 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

While you are waiting have you visited the portal for your country here on VJ? Have you gone to the website for the Embassy you will be processing through to see if there is anything that is listed that is required for the interview that you could be gathering? How about Police Certificates from other country's you may have lived in?

I'm the American petitioner. I've visited the portal, set up the timeline, checked all processing times for CSV on VJ, checked the status updated through the immigration website,  gathered a checklist, checked the adjustment of status requirements, Advanced parole, employment authorization, researched CR1 visa , researched marriage licenses for the state of hawaii, checked which question might be asked during the interviews,  etc.

Not much else I can do at this point but wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.