TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Quiata said:

We are still waiting for the case to be received at the NVC. The NOA2 letter was dated 5/16. The NVC says it could take up to 6 weeks, but I've been seeing where they've been received anywhere from 14 - 22 days. I am just calling everyday!!

Of course, let keep in touch! I am more than happy to pass on information received from others who've travelled this journey before us and my experience.

I will be following your timeline. We are in the same situation, NOA1 Dec 22. My fiance is from DR. Good luck with everything! Hope all goes smooth at the Consulate and your fiance gets the visa soon. God Bless!

1 hour ago, Ben & Jela said:

Day 214 for us today.  Hoping this week doesn't let us down! Best of luck to all of those waiting along with us... and counting days!!

Hi, I am the same days as you! November 2 (old system), November 6 (new system). We can contact USCIS today (Updated: We can contact on the online system tomorrow) I contacted my congresswoman last week (Thursday) and she emailed me (or, rather Director of Constituent Affairs) emailed me this morning to say that they reached out to USCIS on my behalf this morning. I did have to fax over a privacy release statement to my congresswoman so that she would then contact USCIS on my behalf. I am going to fill out the online form now and call at 11 AM EST / 8AM PST (so, in 20 minutes). 

Edited by PortauPrince4Love

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all! New week, new luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that this week finally the approvals will rain. 🤞🤞🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Emily & Elton said:

Guys... we just got approved! I can barely type I’m so excited!! Day 208. 

I recieved an an email first, and then the old website updated. I haven’t checked the new one yet but I will let you know what it says. :jest:

3D5D0425-A528-45D9-8486-DD70F6BA86AB.jpeg

The new site did not update. 

NOA1 Old: 11/8/17
NOA1 New: 11/10/17
NOA2 6/4/2018

34 minutes ago, Simrose73 said:

I will be following your timeline. We are in the same situation, NOA1 Dec 22. My fiance is from DR. Good luck with everything! Hope all goes smooth at the Consulate and your fiance gets the visa soon. God Bless!

Feel free to follow us!! I am here to educate myself and help others as well.

Thank you. I am praying to have my love here before the end of July. God willing.

May God Bless you and your luv one on your journey.

As my fiancé says, with God ahead all will be well.

May 22 2017 - Met in person 

• Nov 01 2017  -  Mailed I-129F
  • Nov 02 2017  -  Case received
  • Nov 06 2017  -  NOA1 (Case submitted)
  • May 17 2018  -  NOA2 (192 days from NOA1) - no RFE
  • June 7 2018  -  NVC Received 
  • June 8 2018  -  NVC Case Number Received
  • June 12 2018 - Case sent to Embassy
  • June 13 2018  -  Consulate Received (In "Ready" Status)
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • June 14 2018  -  Packet 4 Received (email)
  • June 18 2018  -  Medical
  • July 9 2018  -  Interview: Eventually APPROVED (August 14, 2018)
  • August 22 2018  -  Visa In Hand
  • August 25 2018  -  POE ( days)
  •  2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • Sept 14 2018 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Starting to get pretty damn annoyed. 

I'm at 210 days now. 

You would think they'd finish out the month first before moving on to another. Obviously, aside from the few abnormal cases. But the reality is they are still moving on to another month when they haven't even finished 50% of the prior month. 

Lame!

Fingers crossed that today is the day my case is updated saying they received my RFE. I was really hoping to have NOA2 by my birthday which is Saturday, but that is looking less and less likely since they won't acknowledge the RFE response. I prepared my waiver to contact my representative. If I haven't been updated by EOB tomorrow, I'll be faxing it to him on Wednesday. They will have had my RFE response for a week and have done nothing, at least to my knowledge, with it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My senator's office was absolutely unhelpful. Despite the fact that many cases after mine and in December now have been approved, they refuse to do anything until the USCIS Inquiry Date passes... I hope your offices are more helpful than mine. I shouldn't be surprised. In Illinois, politics is pay for play.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

10 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

My senator's office was absolutely unhelpful. Despite the fact that many cases after mine and in December now have been approved, they refuse to do anything until the USCIS Inquiry Date passes... I hope your offices are more helpful than mine. I shouldn't be surprised. In Illinois, politics is pay for play.

Oh no! I hope that isn't a Midwest way of thinking :unsure: I live in Missouri so if I do end up needing to contact my representative I hope that he is able to help more than yours was.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.