TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Rackle10187 said:

I changed the beneficiary’s country from Ghana to Germany 🇩🇪 but when i go to view my timeline i don’t see a flag. 

It's not in your time line. It's in your profile. Look on the side bar here in this thread under your name and you will now see the flag. :thumbs:

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

From our timeline: Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between May 25, 2018 and June 1, 2018*.  If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. 

The real post: So here we are, NOA1 Nov. 17, and 198 days into the wait for NOA2 on June the 2nd, but Friday was the first.  Do we just keep checking the USCIS processing times page to see when the "allowable"  time to check back is? And it's 7 months, looks like.

When can we inquire without screwing it up for ourselves? I've been reading the forum, but it does get confusing. TIA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Runner n Dee said:

From our timeline: Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between May 25, 2018 and June 1, 2018*.  If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. 

The real post: So here we are, NOA1 Nov. 17, and 198 days into the wait for NOA2 on June the 2nd, but Friday was the first.  Do we just keep checking the USCIS processing times page to see when the "allowable"  time to check back is? And it's 7 months, looks like.

When can we inquire without screwing it up for ourselves? I've been reading the forum, but it does get confusing. TIA.

According to USCIS you should not inquire until after the date as passed their inquiry date, which is currently only at November 3rd.

But - I would say go ahead adn contact your congressman and have them do an inquiry!  I'm Nov 14th and still waiting. They should be trying hard the next 2 weeks to finish November I hope...

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

31 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

According to USCIS you should not inquire until after the date as passed their inquiry date, which is currently only at November 3rd.

But - I would say go ahead adn contact your congressman and have them do an inquiry!  I'm Nov 14th and still waiting. They should be trying hard the next 2 weeks to finish November I hope...

So you think its better to contact the congressman before USCIS?

My dates are Nov 2nd (old system - 212 days) , Nov 6th (new system - 208 days). 

I'd planned on calling USCIS on Monday, so it would be past the 210 days (7 month mark on the new system). 

Is that sound right? Or I need to do something different? 

I too am a bit confused... and afraid to make things worse. 😕

Edited by Ben & Jela

Jela (USC, Missouri) & Ben (East Indian in Dubai)  :wub:

Adjusting Status from Conditional Green Card after K1 Visa:
4-20-21 Sent 751 packet (via USPS overnight)

4-21-21 Received by USCIS (Signed by T. Wright)

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-10-21  Check cashed/cleared our bank

5-13-21  Hard copy of 797 Received in postal mail

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

5-21-21 Biometrics letter received in postal mail.

18 minutes ago, Ben & Jela said:

I'd planned on calling USCIS on Monday, so it would be past the 210 days (7 month mark on the new system). 

Why do you call USCIS first 1 (800) 375-5283 they open at 8:00 am.

Next email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems.

If you're not getting anywhere your congress ppl can help. Your U.S. representative's contact information can be found in this handy directory, and your U.S. senator's information is in this one.

Just keep in mind you are within their recent workload and you probably will hear from them before the others. Just my opinion. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ben & Jela said:

I really recommend to ask your congressman for help. Mike did it and soon after that we got the approval. Might be a coincidence, but still it's a try worth.

On 6/1/2018 at 4:28 PM, Quiata said:

I was thinking of you guys!!! It's coming...pronto

hopefully im really over this hows everything with u guys we should keep in touch i would love to know how the process is going so i can prepare for mine!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mike & Tanja said:

I really recommend to ask your congressman for help. Mike did it and soon after that we got the approval. Might be a coincidence, but still it's a try worth.

We decided we will be patiently waiting and hoping for the best..even if it means to wait until the 13th appears on the website. They already took the end of the month before everybody else, so we'd better give them a chance to work on the cases of the beginning of the month without interruption, before they get to our case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, LenaT said:

We decided we will be patiently waiting and hoping for the best..even if it means to wait until the 13th appears on the website. They already took the end of the month before everybody else, so we'd better give them a chance to work on the cases of the beginning of the month without interruption, before they get to our case.

That's nice of you. I'm unfortunately a pretty impatient person, I was happy that Mike involved the congresswoman. But still not sure, if that was the reason for our approval, as they worked on some November 13th cases, which us our NOA1 date 🤷‍♀️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, x_driven_x said:

According to USCIS, you should not inquire until after the date as passed their inquiry date, which is currently only at November 3rd. ... But - I would say go ahead and contact your congressman and have them do an inquiry!  I'm Nov 14th and still waiting. They should be trying hard the next 2 weeks to finish November I hope...

Thanks for the clarification. Yes on the congressman and wait on the USCIS. *eyetwitch*

7 hours ago, LenaT said:

Keep in mind that no two cases are ever the same. Each of us have different circumstances in our lives that USCIS has to vet. It can be your pass, it can be history, it can be your country, it can be your countryman any and all these influence the progress of anyone's file. So when you see someone being adjudicated ahead of you there are so many reasons. Know that your case is also being vetted ahead of someone who filed before you and they are outside looking in as to why also. 

Showing patience while in normal processing is a virtue that many here do not subscribe to. I take my hat off to you for your patience :thumbs:.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 6/2/2018 at 9:23 AM, LinkinXP said:

Edel, can you keep me posted on your process? if you have to go Guyana for the interview, if you can chose another embassy, I am on the same boat as you but from Feb.

Thanks!

Yes of course. we are going to go try to go to Guyana because it seems like they are making it easier to go there. There is already a direct flight every other day I believe leaving from Havana.  i will try to keep you posted and how it goes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Keep in mind that no two cases are ever the same. Each of us have different circumstances in our lives that USCIS has to vet. It can be your pass, it can be history, it can be your country, it can be your countryman any and all these influence the progress of anyone's file. So when you see someone being adjudicated ahead of you there are so many reasons. Know that your case is also being vetted ahead of someone who filed before you and they are outside looking in as to why also. 

Showing patience while in normal processing is a virtue that many here do not subscribe to. I take my hat off to you for your patience :thumbs:.

Very wise words Greenbaum, I wholly agree, for me getting a RFE is not all a bad thing just a chance send back what they need and was surprised it was so fast that they received my response within a week from the time I received a notice . I didn't send all my divorce documents just parts of it so I would have already been approved had I sent ALL my divorce documents. Looks like it's taking about 2 to 4 weeks to approve an RFE so good advice and patience is the key word here.. lot's of it!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
55 minutes ago, edel.castillojr00 said:

Yes of course. we are going to go try to go to Guyana because it seems like they are making it easier to go there. There is already a direct flight every other day I believe leaving from Havana.  i will try to keep you posted and how it goes.

Thanks a lot, hopefully it goes well for you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.