TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

SOMETHING STRANGE AND AWFUL!

We got approved, the case was transferred to NVC, after an additional month, we call NVC and learn that NVC has sent the case BACK to USCIS.

Have you heard of something like this? What should we do people? :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, AnGrig said:

We got approved, the case was transferred to NVC, after an additional month, we call NVC and learn that NVC has sent the case BACK to USCIS.

Did you ever put in a service request while at USCIS?  There are times when people do that since they are past normal time, but then the case gets approved, sent to NVC and then goes back to USCIS to "work" on the request.  Could also be that some of the minor paper work done at USCIS was incorrect.  I've seen a few cases where someone forgets to stamp or check something on the petition and it needs to be sent back.  

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

Timeline
11 hours ago, Dave_and_Jessa said:

Did you ever put in a service request while at USCIS?  There are times when people do that since they are past normal time, but then the case gets approved, sent to NVC and then goes back to USCIS to "work" on the request.  Could also be that some of the minor paper work done at USCIS was incorrect.  I've seen a few cases where someone forgets to stamp or check something on the petition and it needs to be sent back.  

The problem is that we have not. We even had a rfe and it was approved after sending rfe.... don't know what to do.... it may take really long

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, AnGrig said:

Happened to us. And it was due to a mistake on their end not ours. 

My fiance made it all the way to the interview (July 4th) only to get word from the embassy that her interview was cancelled the day before (July 3rd).

I never got a hardcopy of the NOA2 and to the advise of those on here called the USCIS to inquire about getting one. Long story short, just because I asked for a hard copy they recalled our case and it was sent back to the USCIS. 

Based on the information the USCIS gave me our case was sent back on June 20th almost 2 months ago and to this day it has been crickets. 

Every call I make produces a different answer. The latest answer I got from a Tier 2 officer is that I should contact the center dealing with my case directly as he couldn't really tell what was going on with my case since he doesn't have my petition in front of him. The only way to contact a specific service center directly is through an email. You can't even call. Makes sense as they try to avoid any sort of accountability. Did that and the reply I got was pretty standard. 

"

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* shortly

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice , Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

Respectfully,

Officer TX 0449

USCIS California Service Center"

"Shortly"? How ambiguous is that? What does that even mean? Lame.....

Imagine getting approved and going through all the necessary steps only to get screwed over at the last minute.  

All this for a mistake they made in the first place by not sending me a hardcopy of the NOA2. 

I keep looking back and thinking, if only I had not made that phone call......

I quit keeping track so I don't even know how many days out I am at this point. 

My file date was Nov. 8 , 2017 so I'm now at just under 10 months......ridiculous. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

My fiance made it all the way to the interview (July 4th) only to get word from the embassy that her interview was cancelled the day before (July 3rd).

I never got a hardcopy of the NOA2 and to the advise of those on here called the USCIS to inquire about getting one. Long story short, just because I asked for a hard copy they recalled our case and it was sent back to the USCIS. 

Based on the information the USCIS gave me our case was sent back on June 20th almost 2 months ago and to this day it has been crickets. 

Every call I make produces a different answer. The latest answer I got from a Tier 2 officer is that I should contact the center dealing with my case directly as he couldn't really tell what was going on with my case since he doesn't have my petition in front of him. The only way to contact a specific service center directly is through an email. You can't even call. Makes sense as they try to avoid any sort of accountability. Did that and the reply I got was pretty standard. 

"

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* shortly

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice , Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

Respectfully,

Officer TX 0449

USCIS California Service Center"

"Shortly"? How ambiguous is that? What does that even mean? Lame.....

Imagine getting approved and going through all the necessary steps only to get screwed over at the last minute.  

All this for a mistake they made in the first place by not sending me a hardcopy of the NOA2. 

I keep looking back and thinking, if only I had not made that phone call......

I quit keeping track so I don't even know how many days out I am at this point. 

My file date was Nov. 8 , 2017 so I'm now at just under 10 months......ridiculous. 

Are they kidding? Our date is November 14, so just a week after yours. They say various things, nvc sent out our petition on July 20, and USCIS says their system still shows approval and nothing else, I guess they just have not received the file yet. We even had a RFE, that's more than ridiculous, so now we shall wait for another 6 months because of their mistake?!

We are in the same situation and I totally understand you.

Just one question who told you the reason why case was sent back? USCIS? 

Timeline
Just now, AnGrig said:

Are they kidding? Our date is November 14, so just a week after yours. They say various things, nvc sent out our petition on July 20, and USCIS says their system still shows approval and nothing else, I guess they just have not received the file yet. We even had a RFE, that's more than ridiculous, so now we shall wait for another 6 months because of their mistake?!

We are in the same situation and I totally understand you.

Just one question who told you the reason why case was sent back? USCIS? 

The USCIS did. 

Again, the answer was different with each person I got but the friendliest and most helpful of the bunch told me that by law they are not allowed to send out any form of receipt (NOA1 or NOA2) without having the actual petition in front of them to review so hence the recall of our case. This is to prevent any sort of fraud according to him. 

What doesn't make sense about the whole thing is why did we not get an NOA2 when the case was originally approved. Of course, they couldn't answer that question. They even went as far to say that they have no record in their system that our case was ever even approved. If that's the case why did I receive an official letter from the NVC with an assigned case number if it was never approved?? Not to mention we were able to file the DS-160, do a medical, and get an interview scheduled....you can't do any of that without an approval. 

The sequence of events in our case alone shows how huge the deficiency is with their system. It's so broken. 

I feel for you too but no matter how optimistic we've tried to be it has consistently swung favor of worst case scenario in every aspect. 

At this point we're pretty jaded about the whole thing and have pretty much resorted to the idea that it may never even happen.....

Timeline
1 minute ago, Alekezam said:

The USCIS did. 

Again, the answer was different with each person I got but the friendliest and most helpful of the bunch told me that by law they are not allowed to send out any form of receipt (NOA1 or NOA2) without having the actual petition in front of them to review so hence the recall of our case. This is to prevent any sort of fraud according to him. 

What doesn't make sense about the whole thing is why did we not get an NOA2 when the case was originally approved. Of course, they couldn't answer that question. They even went as far to say that they have no record in their system that our case was ever even approved. If that's the case why did I receive an official letter from the NVC with an assigned case number if it was never approved?? Not to mention we were able to file the DS-160, do a medical, and get an interview scheduled....you can't do any of that without an approval. 

The sequence of events in our case alone shows how huge the deficiency is with their system. It's so broken. 

I feel for you too but no matter how optimistic we've tried to be it has consistently swung favor of worst case scenario in every aspect. 

At this point we're pretty jaded about the whole thing and have pretty much resorted to the idea that it may never even happen.....

It will happen and very soon, the most important here is not to lose hopw, yesterday I was thinking it happened only to me and was trying to find reasons, today I see I am not alone, and there are worse situations. When you say NOA 2 hard copy or just NOA 2, you mean just the letter of approval they send to your mailing address or that includes anything else?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AnGrig said:

It will happen and very soon, the most important here is not to lose hopw, yesterday I was thinking it happened only to me and was trying to find reasons, today I see I am not alone, and there are worse situations. When you say NOA 2 hard copy or just NOA 2, you mean just the letter of approval they send to your mailing address or that includes anything else?

That's it, just the letter they mail you. I never got one and ended up only getting the official letter from NVC saying they received the approval from the USCIS and that they would be forwarding on our case to the appropriate consulate. 

I never received one and after doing a ton of research it turns out you don't even need it despite what others on here say. Not even for the AOS. Simple logic says that if you have a visa in hand then it's a no brainer that you are approved so why people think that you need the NOA2 after the fact to apply for AOS is beyond me. I confirmed that straight from the USCIS's mouth and here's another thread for reference as an example:

My brother is yet another example. He lost his NOA2 in the process and had no issues, his wife is happily here now.

But, people will still argue about it. If in 100% of cases people used their NOA2 then I would agree that it is a requirement. But that isn't the case based on facts. 

My point here is I want to help others  and make damn sure they don't make the same mistake I did. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

That's it, just the letter they mail you. I never got one and ended up only getting the official letter from NVC saying they received the approval from the USCIS and that they would be forwarding on our case to the appropriate consulate. 

I never received one and after doing a ton of research it turns out you don't even need it despite what others on here say. Not even for the AOS. Simple logic says that if you have a visa in hand then it's a no brainer that you are approved so why people think that you need the NOA2 after the fact to apply for AOS is beyond me. I confirmed that straight from the USCIS's mouth and here's another thread for reference as an example:

My brother is yet another example. He lost his NOA2 in the process and had no issues, his wife is happily here now.

But, people will still argue about it. If in 100% of cases people used their NOA2 then I would agree that it is a requirement. But that isn't the case based on facts. 

My point here is I want to help others  and make damn sure they don't make the same mistake I did. 

Here is my advice - never ever blame yourself, you don't even know it's your fault, it is mainly their fault which they will never accept. And we never received a letter from NVC....

so just keep waiting and I will update you today or tomorrow with any other info I gain, like contacting senators, hiring an attorney and so on.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
23 hours ago, Mkh120325 said:

We are already approved and the documents are now in the process sending it to the US Embassy here in Tokyo, Japan. How long is my estimated time to process everything to the interview date? Would you please help me give an estimate?

No way to know up till interview date as that is something you will chose, and depends on availability. It changes drastically for japan from 1,5 month to 3 months.

it usually stays in transit for 4 -5 business days, then Embassy will send you your packet 3 which can take anything between 3 days to 3 weeks after they received.

you should read embassy reviews and as @Greenbaum said, you should follow other people’s timelines to get an estimate for yourself. 

Mine was 1.5 months from noa2 to interview but I also know many that got their noa2 before me and their interview were 1 month after me.

8 hours ago, Alekezam said:

Thanks for clarifying this issue. I'm respectful when someone can point out an issue and do it with facts or personal experience. I now stand corrected.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 7/25/2018 at 11:50 AM, AnGrig said:

17 hours ago, Alekezam said:

I'd contact Ombudsman, then a Congressional case worker, then an immigration attorney (they have online ones for cheap)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got approved month of May and still waiting for NVC. We called them numerous times and emailed at the same time and says the same thing, they did not received our case yet. Its frustrating when some got their case number two weeks after they got approved. Is there anyone here waiting for case number and got approved month of May? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Naes said:

No way to know up till interview date as that is something you will chose, and depends on availability. It changes drastically for japan from 1,5 month to 3 months.

it usually stays in transit for 4 -5 business days, then Embassy will send you your packet 3 which can take anything between 3 days to 3 weeks after they received.

you should read embassy reviews and as @Greenbaum said, you should follow other people’s timelines to get an estimate for yourself. 

Mine was 1.5 months from noa2 to interview but I also know many that got their noa2 before me and their interview were 1 month after me.

This is going to be my situation, while the documents are in transit to the embassy here in Tokyo and from the time they’ll send the packet 3 I might be in the Philippines for summer vacation. Is it possible for me to schedule my interview on September even though I haven’t accomplished packet 3? I only want to be sure To have an interview before Sept 27th.

My target date to the US is September 27. I will be back in Japan on August 26th and targeting to finished all the requireMents I need for maybe about 2 weeks. 

And thank you for your response it’s helpful. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.