TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/9/2018 at 3:46 AM, Greenbaum said:

Have you checked the system setting for the interval selection that it wasn't set to something like "check every week" or something to the effect? Also, check the date that the app was last updated from the store by the author. If it's been awhile then that tells us something.

Updated March 13th, 2018..  The problem is that Case Tracker is using the old USCIS web site, not the new one, they never updated the app to the new site, rendering the app almost useless.. It's been a week since my case was approved and the old site has still not updated with approval status.

10 hours ago, Blue Love U & I said:

Yeah i understand, but its been 8 months now.

Yeah i understand but its been 8 months now.

Then I suggest you take the next steps. First try shooting off an email to the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems.

Second try your U.S. representative's contact information can be found in this handy directory, and your U.S. senator's information is in this one.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

10 hours ago, theatregirl24 said:

We are on 8 months now. There are people who have filed in December already getting approved. It's beyond frustrating. 

It's frustrating because you choose to make it frustrating. All I am doing is pointing out to you the other side of the argument and that there is a better way. I'm just saying. There are options to control your anxiety with the process. It still is a process with no promises. If you lowered you expectations then you wouldn't be disappointed. One of life's lessons. I am here to help. I don't want an argument because I don't have time to help you see the other side of what I advised. It's always has been and always will be your decision.

Currently the timeline as shown here https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ is 1-7 months. So knowing this my level of concern would come after the 7th month so instead of being frustrated for 7 months, and using your example, you should only be frustrated in the 8th month (which your in). It's just how you look at things.

Here is what you can do now. First try shooting off an email to the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems.

Second try your U.S. representative's contact information can be found in this handy directory, and your U.S. senator's information is in this one.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, nykolos said:

Updated March 13th, 2018..  The problem is that Case Tracker is using the old USCIS web site, not the new one, they never updated the app to the new site, rendering the app almost useless.. It's been a week since my case was approved and the old site has still not updated with approval status.

My recent experiences is that none of the "tools" to track your progress are being updated in a timely manner or not at all. This can be frustrating I know. Keep your sanity and go with the flow and you will get through this. Trust the process.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
8 hours ago, nykolos said:

Yes, none of the tools are working right now. We only get what they put in. Our NOA2 was processed on 3 July, and I didn't know until I got the letter in the mail on 9 July. The website and the Case Tracker App on Android are still right now showing RFE received on 20 June. I also did not get an e-mail or text message update which I signed up for through the website.

Don't lose hope. Don't get discouraged. Know that this is not a quick process, and that everything the US Government does is slow but steady. We are not going to be able to change the system from the outside, so we have what we have. Just keep the faith, put your efforts into maintaining good communication with your loved ones, and it will come.

12 minutes ago, xJohnMx said:

Yes, none of the tools are working right now. We only get what they put in. Our NOA2 was processed on 3 July, and I didn't know until I got the letter in the mail on 9 July. The website and the Case Tracker App on Android are still right now showing RFE received on 20 June. I also did not get an e-mail or text message update which I signed up for through the website.

Don't lose hope. Don't get discouraged. Know that this is not a quick process, and that everything the US Government does is slow but steady. We are not going to be able to change the system from the outside, so we have what we have. Just keep the faith, put your efforts into maintaining good communication with your loved ones, and it will come.

Thank you

12 minutes ago, xJohnMx said:

Thank you

13 minutes ago, xJohnMx said:

Thank you

42 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Then I suggest you take the next steps. First try shooting off an email to the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems.

Thank you, for the info.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 7/10/2018 at 11:41 PM, Amy & John said:

Have you contacted uscis & what have you been told? 

Yes I contacted them via case worker congresswoman and service inquiry. Both times I was told it’s still processing, additional back ground checks, and to keep waiting 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

4 hours ago, xJohnMx said:

The point of my post is to warn others NOT to rely on Case tracker for USCIS, the APP is rendered useless until it pulls data from the new USCIS web site.. I removed it from my phone altogether.

5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Greenbaum I am sorry to intervene, but I have seen you know a lot and you have been giving people good advices. Can you please tell me if there is a special format of letter that we can send to Ombudsman, and/or to our representative.  I am not very good at formal letters and was wondering if there is a template or something. Thank You. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
29 minutes ago, nykolos said:

The point of my post is to warn others NOT to rely on Case tracker for USCIS, the APP is rendered useless until it pulls data from the new USCIS web site.. I removed it from my phone altogether.

I second this!! We got approved on new site and old app never and still hasn’t updated. We have our NOA2 letter so yes the old site app is not useful anymore. However, some other December filers have recently got approved on the app recently in the last few days. The new site took 5 days to update with an approval though LOL 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, jakejon said:

I second this!! We got approved on new site and old app never and still hasn’t updated. We have our NOA2 letter so yes the old site app is not useful anymore. However, some other December filers have recently got approved on the app recently in the last few days. The new site took 5 days to update with an approval though LOL 

They should automate this ####### or have an IT person do this overnight process on a daily basis. I work for a book distributor and we upload books on our website every night, they just let it run overnight (and these books aren't as important as visa approvals damn it!!) they must have horrible organizational system. thankfully i signed up for USPS informed delivery to show me pics of mails coming through. snail mail is probably faster than these website updates at this point<_<

Currently at USCIS office:

tenor.gif?itemid=8535595

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

3 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

Greenbaum I am sorry to intervene, but I have seen you know a lot and you have been giving people good advices. Can you please tell me if there is a special format of letter that we can send to Ombudsman, and/or to our representative.  I am not very good at formal letters and was wondering if there is a template or something. Thank You. 

See my reply where you had sent a PM to me.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Rocko20 said:

Yes I contacted them via case worker congresswoman and service inquiry. Both times I was told it’s still processing, additional back ground checks, and to keep waiting 

You may have better luck using the USCIS ombudsman cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.