StupidJourney

Horrible Casa News

48 posts in this topic

Another thing that makes me sad is that Morocco is not taking the news well, especially because the U.S. is being so vague on why they are doing this and totally silent what steps the Moroccan government can do to get things up and running. With so few friends left in the Muslim world, we need to be working together with these countries to foster security, friendship, and trust. This appears to be achieving the opposite (at least based on the views represented in the article my husband read).

What I am afraid of is that is about so much more than the security of the consualte. I suspect the closing is being used as leverage by the US officials to force Morocco to comply with something- something which maybe much larger than the consulate itself. I would like to see the US move more in the direction Liz is pointing out. It just seems to make so much more sense in the long run.

ETA: Not that this is said to discourage anyone. I think it will open in due time as this is resolved one way or the other. I just worry for the long term consequences of behind the scenes political manuverings.

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think that if they are going to allow nearby consulates to handle some of the visas, then why not the one's that had appointments scheduled? Why not move them to the embassy, which is not closed. It appears to all of us that there are so many other options. Truth: there is more than meets the eye. Security measures have been in place and they have been working. Reality is if the consulate was the target, they could have gotten a lot closer. They still could since the road outside the consulate is open to traffic. We all want safety to remain a priority. We have to accept this and move on. To contniue complaining and crying about will get us no where. Don't get me wrong, we have the right to cry and complain about because it is having a negative effect on us and the one's we love so dearly. But now is the time we need to remain strong and maintain our faith. This is another test that we must endure and will make the final approval and arrival of our SO's that much greater. Keep your chin up and don't loose faith.

Timeline

Has anyone tried to reschedule using the online system?

The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca is temporarily closed to the public. Applicants with nonimmigrant visa appointments today will need to reschedule via the online appointment system.

My in-laws finally have their passports and I was going to get them set to apply for their tourist visas. I'm hoping they can apply and get an appointment, and if others have rescheduled then they should be OK. Otherwise my wife will be very upset that her mom won't be here for the birth of their grandson.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Timeline
Has anyone tried to reschedule using the online system?
The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca is temporarily closed to the public. Applicants with nonimmigrant visa appointments today will need to reschedule via the online appointment system.

My in-laws finally have their passports and I was going to get them set to apply for their tourist visas. I'm hoping they can apply and get an appointment, and if others have rescheduled then they should be OK. Otherwise my wife will be very upset that her mom won't be here for the birth of their grandson.

My BIL had an appt for 4/11, the first day they closed. He was rescheduled for 4/16, the day they closed again. I also read that notice about rescheduling via the online system. I haven't tried yet, but I'm a bit confused as to why you would do that not knowing if and when the consulate is going to reopen.

Timeline

I was told that the consulate would reschedule their interviews once they were open again. Wonder if we should try the online thing and then once they do re-open we can see if that was the right thing to do. But even DOS didn't say to use the online system. Don't you think they would have told us to do that?

I thought the online interview system at Casa for only for certain types of visas and you needed authorization from the consualte to schedule the appointment. Couldl be wrong though.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Timeline

I could have sworn I read that notice several days ago and it seemed to specify that they were not including our kinds of cases. Maybe that was a different notice?

Ugg. If they did have to go to another country, that would mean our SO's need another visa, right? And cases would take much much longer to approve because they are added to the other county's stack of cases. And it effects the people in the other country because they also have to wait longer. Insult to injury all around.

I agree, I think it's not just security checks they are doing. That's an excuse. Insh'Allah we are wrong about that because I can imagine this getting much worse for us.

Would they ever say, "We aren't allowing these visas from this country anymore." It's a nightmare I have.

BT

If I cause offense it is not on purpose, think about that before you take offense. If you feel offended, consider that maybe I'm not talking about you and maybe I accidentally stumbled onto a sore area and do not know. Thank you.

Ugg. If they did have to go to another country, that would mean our SO's need another visa, right?

Worse case scenario- Moroccans can travel to Mauritania or Tunisia without getting a visa for travel.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
where IS the online appointment thing anyway? :blink:

hello again ladies i'm natalie's fiance again i want to explaine something about the online appointment and what LIZ's husband read in the newspaper , well the online appointment was made for studients and visitor and business visas that's mean for non-immigrant not for us, and now they cant get an online appointment bc casablanca consulate's website removed that option since they closed (16th April 2007) that's why they made the update on 25th April 2007 for the non-immigrant visas to have their interviews in the other countries near Morocco and i gave you the links for the consulates in my last poste. about what liz's husband read in the newspaper last day i read it today on the same newspaper(elmassa) they said the same thing i said before; who have to go to other countries to have the interview are the non-immigrant visas (studients and visitor and business visas) and just who have to have the visa imargency and have to travel next week not all of them. i hope i was helpful for you to understand all this. and we still have to do something about this bc to let you know my GOV(moroccan GOV) dont give a S H I T about all what happens to us and they dont do anything about it. so ladies work together and keep annoyen, i know we feel the same way my sweetheart going crazy and eaither i she is alone in her appartment and i'm so worry about her i cant stop worring. i know the feelings of all of you bc i feel the same way. so please keep working. god is with all of us. god beless you all and my prayer out of all of us always.hope we will have good news soon.

thanks

Zakaria

.png

How it started:

10/17/05 Answered email from him asking to talk

10/20/05 First time talking on hotmail msn

2/5-15/06 First visit, love his family celebrated my 20th birthday there

6/15- 7/15/06 stayed at parents house again in Morocco got engaged

10/16/06 got a good job so I had to wait to see him again

1/14-28/07 went to see him again for the last time in Morocco

2/8/07 happy birthday to me and I sent the papers for K-1

2/12/07 NOA1 for K-1 visa

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

3/1/07 sent to Visa Center

4/15/07 interview

STUPID TERRORISTS RUINED THE INTERVIEW DATE

waited for 2 months of nothing

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

8/8/07 got MARRIED YEA FINALLY!!!

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

2/21/08- Chicago received our package

2/27/08-sent NOA1 for both EAD and I-485

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

3/21/08- sent back RFE with all info

3/31/08-received RFE info

4/2-touched

4/18-EAD card ordered:D:D:D:D

4/23-card created& AOS transfered to CSC!!!

4/24- AOS touched:D

4/26- EAD CARD RECEIVED!!! WOOHOOO

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

5/11-12-13-14-15-AOS touched

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/20/2008 sent out info for RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

8/20/2008 received green card

https://evisaforms.state.gov/default.asp?po...B&appcode=3

I guess the online system does not work only for specific visas, but rather you need to apply for the visa electronically and since a K-1 or K-3 you have already filed and applied for the visa through USCIS. That's what i had forgotten.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello ladies this is natalie's fiance again it's 8h41am here in Morocco and we got some update on casablanca consulat's website it's nothing special but they wrote something else than what it was :

May 03, 2007 update

The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca is temporarily closed to the public while security measures are under review. We are engaged with Moroccan authorities to put in place the security measures necessary to reopen the Consulate. The date when the Consulate General will reopen has not yet been determined :angry::angry::crying::crying::(

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/

and here you can see what they said about non-immigrant visas also about immigrant visas (us) :

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/press_release.html

Zakaria

.png

How it started:

10/17/05 Answered email from him asking to talk

10/20/05 First time talking on hotmail msn

2/5-15/06 First visit, love his family celebrated my 20th birthday there

6/15- 7/15/06 stayed at parents house again in Morocco got engaged

10/16/06 got a good job so I had to wait to see him again

1/14-28/07 went to see him again for the last time in Morocco

2/8/07 happy birthday to me and I sent the papers for K-1

2/12/07 NOA1 for K-1 visa

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

3/1/07 sent to Visa Center

4/15/07 interview

STUPID TERRORISTS RUINED THE INTERVIEW DATE

waited for 2 months of nothing

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

8/8/07 got MARRIED YEA FINALLY!!!

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

2/21/08- Chicago received our package

2/27/08-sent NOA1 for both EAD and I-485

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

3/21/08- sent back RFE with all info

3/31/08-received RFE info

4/2-touched

4/18-EAD card ordered:D:D:D:D

4/23-card created& AOS transfered to CSC!!!

4/24- AOS touched:D

4/26- EAD CARD RECEIVED!!! WOOHOOO

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

5/11-12-13-14-15-AOS touched

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/20/2008 sent out info for RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

8/20/2008 received green card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.