StupidJourney

Horrible Casa News

48 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just heard from my husband. He read this in the paper today. All visa cases will have have to go to another (yet to be determined) country to be processed.

My prayers are with all of you who are still going through this process. Inchallah this won't last long.

timeline doesn't matter.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard from my husband. He read this in the paper today. All visa cases will have have to go to another (yet to be determined) country to be processed.

My prayers are with all of you who are still going through this process. Inchallah this won't last long.

Liz. someone posted a list of consulates that Casa woul dbe using for visas a few days ago, but they did not inclulde marriage based visa only non-immigrant ones. Have you heard soemthing different about K-1, K-3 ?

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

sigh.... when i thought things couldn't get much worse..........

so what does this mean? he will have to go to that country to do his interview? how is that possible?! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :crying::crying::crying:

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello ladies i'm natalie's fiance i was reading your postes as always and looking if there is any newupdates about the consulate in casa and if any one had contact anyone and get anything new to tell us about this problem. and i found this poste saying that we have to go to an other contry to get our interview.anyway liz is this what your man read in the paper bc a lady posted this things few days ago but it's about non-immigrants, but about K-1,K-3 is saying that they are (temporarily closed to the public. Immigrant visa applicants will be contacted about rescheduling appointments when full operations resume at the Consulate).so that's mean just non-immigrant applicants who should get their interviews outside Morocco. i hope it's this what your fiance read bc if it's not ladies we have to move we have to make a big strike about this shitty consulate :angry::angry: bc it's getting rediculous and drive us all insane :wacko: no body of us can take all this. and i wanna thank you all about all your helps and god is with us all my prayer go out for all of us and i hope everybody will get a good news soon inchallah.

thank you.

zakaria

Visas to the U.S.

Consular Section Update - April 25, 2007

Non Immigrant Visas

The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca is temporarily closed to the public. Applicants with nonimmigrant visa appointments today will need to reschedule via the online appointment system.

Applicants with urgent travel needs may wish to consider applying at another U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Following is a list of some visa webpages for the nearest locations:

http://madrid.usembassy.gov

http://france.usembassy.gov/consul/niv/default.htm

http://brussels.usembassy.gov/

http://amsterdam.usconsulate.gov/how_apply_types_niv.html

http://italy.usembassy.gov/visa/vis/VIS-2-en.asp

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/index.html

http://germany.usembassy.gov/visa_apply.html

http://tunis.usembassy.gov/apply2.html

Le Consulat Général des Etats Unis à Casablanca est provisoirement fermé au public. Toutes personnes ayant déja obtenu un rendez-vous pour aujourd'hui doivent prendre un autre rendez-vous en ligne sur notre site internet.

Les postulant qui doivent voyager d'urgence pauvent envisager faire leur demande à un autre Consulat ou Embassade. Ci-dessus, vous trouvez une liste des page web des Consulats ou Embassades les plus prôches.

Immigrant Visas

The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca is temporarily closed to the public. Immigrant visa applicants will be contacted about rescheduling appointments when full operations resume at the Consulate.

liz i hope is that what your man read in the paper

Edited by nad05zb

.png

How it started:

10/17/05 Answered email from him asking to talk

10/20/05 First time talking on hotmail msn

2/5-15/06 First visit, love his family celebrated my 20th birthday there

6/15- 7/15/06 stayed at parents house again in Morocco got engaged

10/16/06 got a good job so I had to wait to see him again

1/14-28/07 went to see him again for the last time in Morocco

2/8/07 happy birthday to me and I sent the papers for K-1

2/12/07 NOA1 for K-1 visa

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

3/1/07 sent to Visa Center

4/15/07 interview

STUPID TERRORISTS RUINED THE INTERVIEW DATE

waited for 2 months of nothing

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

8/8/07 got MARRIED YEA FINALLY!!!

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

2/21/08- Chicago received our package

2/27/08-sent NOA1 for both EAD and I-485

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

3/21/08- sent back RFE with all info

3/31/08-received RFE info

4/2-touched

4/18-EAD card ordered:D:D:D:D

4/23-card created& AOS transfered to CSC!!!

4/24- AOS touched:D

4/26- EAD CARD RECEIVED!!! WOOHOOO

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

5/11-12-13-14-15-AOS touched

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/20/2008 sent out info for RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

8/20/2008 received green card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you all for all of your hard work and time keeping all of us up to date with Casablanca. I can't even find any news on the internet, and I am extremely skilled at that, and still can't find anything. Thank God for this website, as, my fiance and I would know nothing, including the initial closing on April 16, 2007.

Once again, thank you all so much.

Sincerely,

Carol

CASAdv@aol.com

P.S. My fiance has been to the Casablanca Consulate 3 times, the first one being his interview, and the others them demanding more information. They say it is an Administrative Review. God knows when we'll ever hear from them. Pray for us, as we will for you. God Bless.

Carol

hello ladies i'm natalie's fiance i was reading your postes as always and looking if there is any newupdates about the consulate in casa and if any one had contact anyone and get anything new to tell us about this problem. and i found this poste saying that we have to go to an other contry to get our interview.anyway liz is this what your man read in the paper bc a lady posted this things few days ago but it's about non-immigrants, but about K-1,K-3 is saying that they are (temporarily closed to the public. Immigrant visa applicants will be contacted about rescheduling appointments when full operations resume at the Consulate).so that's mean just non-immigrant applicants who should get their interviews outside Morocco. i hope it's this what your fiance read bc if it's not ladies we have to move we have to make a big strike about this shitty consulate :angry::angry: bc it's getting rediculous and drive us all insane :wacko: no body of us can take all this. and i wanna thank you all about all your helps and god is with us all my prayer go out for all of us and i hope everybody will get a good news soon inchallah.

thank you.

zakaria

Visas to the U.S.

Consular Section Update - April 25, 2007

Non Immigrant Visas

The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca is temporarily closed to the public. Applicants with nonimmigrant visa appointments today will need to reschedule via the online appointment system.

Applicants with urgent travel needs may wish to consider applying at another U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Following is a list of some visa webpages for the nearest locations:

http://madrid.usembassy.gov

http://france.usembassy.gov/consul/niv/default.htm

http://brussels.usembassy.gov/

http://amsterdam.usconsulate.gov/how_apply_types_niv.html

http://italy.usembassy.gov/visa/vis/VIS-2-en.asp

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/index.html

http://germany.usembassy.gov/visa_apply.html

http://tunis.usembassy.gov/apply2.html

Le Consulat Général des Etats Unis à Casablanca est provisoirement fermé au public. Toutes personnes ayant déja obtenu un rendez-vous pour aujourd'hui doivent prendre un autre rendez-vous en ligne sur notre site internet.

Les postulant qui doivent voyager d'urgence pauvent envisager faire leur demande à un autre Consulat ou Embassade. Ci-dessus, vous trouvez une liste des page web des Consulats ou Embassades les plus prôches.

Immigrant Visas

The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca is temporarily closed to the public. Immigrant visa applicants will be contacted about rescheduling appointments when full operations resume at the Consulate.

liz i hope is that what your man read in the paper

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Those waiting on an immigrant visa must wait for the consulate to re-open. All other visa's may go through another consulate. The consulate will send out new appointments for our SO's when they re-open. Also, last time they closed and rescheduled people, they worked all day, mon - fri, to get caught up.

Timeline

He read it in the Moroccan newspaper "Assabah" and translated it for me sentence by sentence. It said something about all Moroccans in the process of getting a visa will have to continue in a nearby country's consulate. So it was a little vague about WHICH visas. So, maybe the writer didn't know there were other visa types it doesn't apply to.

The writer was very angry about it and called it a huge slap in the face, and had some other choice words about the American government.

Anyway, I hope that helps, if you are Moroccan, or can read Arabic, the newspaper has a website that you can go to to read it. The article came out yesterday.

If I made a mistake (about which visas this applies to, etc.) and unintenally caused some of you even more stress about this situation, I am extremely sorry. That's the last thing any of you need right now!

Liz

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline
He read it in the Moroccan newspaper "Assabah" and translated it for me sentence by sentence. It said something about all Moroccans in the process of getting a visa will have to continue in a nearby country's consulate. So it was a little vague about WHICH visas. So, maybe the writer didn't know there were other visa types it doesn't apply to.

The writer was very angry about it and called it a huge slap in the face, and had some other choice words about the American government.

Anyway, I hope that helps, if you are Moroccan, or can read Arabic, the newspaper has a website that you can go to to read it. The article came out yesterday.

If I made a mistake (about which visas this applies to, etc.) and unintenally caused some of you even more stress about this situation, I am extremely sorry. That's the last thing any of you need right now!

Liz

so i thought contacting my senator would work WRONG!! this dirty little mo fo told me there is nothing i can do, but can you donate money for my fund? f-off jerk weed. so i contacted me representative and he said its going to remain closed for the remainder of the week do to security terrorist attacks. umm if i was blind stupid and deaf i could have told you all that. well going back to work frustrated and sad. have a good day yall

love natalie

.png

How it started:

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

4/15/07 interview

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

4/2-touched

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry you guys are having such a hard time. This is frustrating to read about. I know it's even worse to be in the middle of. Like others, I am hoping this will end soon. The delay to be together is long enough, without this mess.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

Another thing that makes me sad is that Morocco is not taking the news well, especially because the U.S. is being so vague on why they are doing this and totally silent what steps the Moroccan government can do to get things up and running. With so few friends left in the Muslim world, we need to be working together with these countries to foster security, friendship, and trust. This appears to be achieving the opposite (at least based on the views represented in the article my husband read).

Edited by sonicliz

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline
ya i agree. my fiance said they were discussing the consulate closing on the news today and their opinions weren't so nice about the way our government was handling this.

you know this is redicuilous and they should express their feeling about this. people have things to do and people to see and with this embassy closed we arent the only ones affected by this and it sucks for all of us that its going through. to be closed up for 3 weeks is a bit rediculous esp when no one got hurt killed or anything bad happened. yeah they died buit you know what what the heck is the wonderful HOMELAND SECURITY BS for? if need be get some soldiers to guard the freaking embassy and get it open jeez!!! i know some guys who are bored bc they dont do anything. 1 my brother 4 of his friends and many other people on his base so to tell us this bs about security reason is still aggrevaiting when america is just too much of chickens to open the embassy. they cant really prevent a terrorist i mean its not like they stick out like a sore thumb. i understand they have to be careful but what they werent before getting into it. you werent allowed to walk in front of it when i went for my passport and now you cant even enter . that is rediculous et your job done isnt that we are paying you for?

love natalie

.png

How it started:

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

4/15/07 interview

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

4/2-touched

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.