Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, GLI said:

I was referring to Canada, you have thousands ahead of you. 
I think someone in this post was able to share the exact numbers a few months back 

The sole purpose of the list is to track the progress by DQ date, based on the input from the limited participant. 

that’s the net results. Assuming the process is fair, as long as we get feedback from limited data point, it is the best benchmark on where things are. 

Trying to figure out how many people ahead of you and how fast it moves per month per category is Impossible unless you are an insider of the consulate 

42 minutes ago, GLI said:

I think someone in this post was able to share the exact numbers a few months back 

42 minutes ago, GLI said:

Thank you I will scroll back.

I don't think there might be thousands of EB visas pending in Montreal. Maybe 700-800. Looking at the past trends, Montreal was processing around 72 EB per month in 2019. Assuming that the inventory is same (72 per month), I have calculated the backlog to be around 807 right now. 

image.png.8c1bf312edcda9757d33aeaacfcf68b8.png

Edited by Blueeyes1989

28 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

I don't think there might be thousands of EB visas pending in Montreal. Maybe 700-800. Looking at the past trends, Montreal was processing around 72 EB per month in 2019. Assuming that the inventory is same (72 per month), I have calculated the backlog to be around 807 right now. 

image.png.8c1bf312edcda9757d33aeaacfcf68b8.png

Are you making the assumption that in 2019 the average number of cases processed per month in Montreal (72) is matched by new applications coming in?  Assuming your calculations and April 2021 , they process 72 per month, we calculate that with March 11, 2020 completion date our interview should be around February 2022.  

Edited by Sorrel

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have a question next steps. I was born in India and currently in Canada on a PR. I am eligible to apply for citizenship next month. Considering the wait times, below 2 things can happen:

1. I get US Green Card BEFORE Canadian citizenship

- In this case I am not sure if I have to notify US government that my citizenship has changed since for all my documentation while applying for Green Card I mentioned India as my citizenship

- To maintain green card, we need to have residency "Intent". Now, "intent" is vague IMO and can be interpreted multiple ways :) Will US government think that I forfeited my Green Card as I took citizenship of another country AFTER receiving green card (meaning I no longer have "Intent" of residence)???

2. I get US Green Card AFTER Canadian citizenship

- Since India doesn't allow dual citizenship, I will have to surrender my India passport. In this case what is the process to update DS-260? Since I am already DQ'ed, I am not sure if I have to contact NVC or show up for consulate appointment with Canadian passport?

Any thoughts on above?

26 minutes ago, Espineapple said:

Hi everyone, we finally received our rescheduled interview date today for August 23rd :)  This has been a very long wait. Does anyone know if they would accept expired documents such as medical exams and criminal records etc? Thank you!

Congrats!

that’s good news for everyone

i know for 99% certainty that: they will not accept expired medical and police record

If you want to be 100% sure, call NVC

1 hour ago, Espineapple said:

Hi everyone, we finally received our rescheduled interview date today for August 23rd :)  This has been a very long wait. Does anyone know if they would accept expired documents such as medical exams and criminal records etc? Thank you!

Congrats 👏 

good news for all of us. feeling better, knowing they started scheduling EB cases.👏  

2 hours ago, Espineapple said:

Congratulations 👏 I'm sure that expired medical will not be accepted for your interview. Also, date of medical exam starts your entry date clock into US. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks everyone! Hope you will all hear back from them soon! Btw, we didn't receive another interview letter (we still have the original one back in April 2020) but instead an email stating a newly scheduled interview date and time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.