Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stephenc111 said:

Hi Dskar,

may I ask what is the Document Complete Date for your family? Not document complete date of yourself given they are under I-824

my situation is very similar to yours. I’m currently in US and got my GC in Nov 2018, under EB-2. Your family document complete date would be direct benchmark for my son 

My son is in Toronto, and I applied for I-824 (follow to join) in early 2019 and was approved in July 2019. And his Document Complete date at NVC is Nov 2019. So he is also in EB-2 category.

our plan is for him to finish high school in Canada and come to US for university. Now he got accepted at some good school in US but anxiously waiting fir the interview. School starts in late September. 

much thanks. 

@Stephenc111 My family is not under I-824 since principal applicant was processed via CP. I'd say DQ for them isn't yet available because we just received an invitation to submit DS-260 today.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dskar said:

@Stephenc111 My family is not under I-824 since principal applicant was processed via CP. I'd say DQ for them isn't yet available because we just received an invitation to submit DS-260 today.

See #1 below for when not to use I-824.

image.png

Edited by dskar

I got GC back in June 2019 via AOS so I can apply for i824 to apply GC for my spouse based on approved i140 petition. Currently, case is dqd in NVC and waiting to get an interview scheduled. Although it employment-based but mean to bring a spouse to US. I have tried reaching out to. MTL consulate but of no help. Hence was checking what did you write in email.

Does anyone here know the answer to following -

If an existing application at NVC is already DQ'd, is the DQ date retained upon requesting a change of the interview consulate from one country to another?

Do you get a new DQ date after the consulate change (meaning are you at the back of the line in the new consulate) ?

Edited by legit_immigrant

Timeline
17 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

I got GC back in June 2019 via AOS so I can apply for i824 to apply GC for my spouse based on approved i140 petition. Currently, case is dqd in NVC and waiting to get an interview scheduled. Although it employment-based but mean to bring a spouse to US. I have tried reaching out to. MTL consulate but of no help. Hence was checking what did you write in email.

@F2J_March In your case, NVC will schedule appointment at MTL for you. You'll hear from MTL only when an interview slot is assigned to you. Further instructions will be provided by MTL at that time regarding your family's medical etc. 

52 minutes ago, Pasand said:

hey all, what if we all sign a petition and send it to them?

I'll definitely support this petition and should also look for some immigrant-friendly senator to intervene for our employment based GC cases. Its close to 2 years for some people waiting in line for an interview with MTL consulate - unbelievable!

Timeline

Willing to sign/support anything we can do which may help. Although our case has only been DQ since Feb, I am very empathetic to everyone's situation and wait times. I don't see why K1 and IR/CR should take higher preference than EB especially as there are many of us waiting to be reunited with our spouses. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My worry is that IR1/CR1/K1 are still 8-9 months backlogged. While MTL tries to catch up there will be more applications added making it an endless cycle. I don't think its reasonable for them to create 2+ years backlog for other while they exclusively focus on IR1/CR1/K1. Without any sense of estimated wait time how are we supposed to plan our life? Moreover EB cases are employer dependent. Is it resealable for employer to wait 3+ years (1 year labor/i140 processing and 2 year wait time) for the resource to join? If we were in US, pending adjustment of status allows job switch after 6 months (485J supplement). No such provision for us, leaving us to the mercy of employer.

Sorry for the rant :( Just feeling helpless this morning.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.