Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

I've been following different resources and saw that two EB-2 interview were scheduled in Kuala lumpur, Malaysia and in Bern, Switzerland for IT professionals. Yay!

I was so excited when proclamation ended in February, but this timing here is so frustrating. Not a single IL in 3.5 months for EB category here. 

I know that nobody has a crystal ball, but when do you think we will start seeing IL? My guess is September (and that's best case scenario). 

3 hours ago, Van24 said:

I've been following different resources and saw that two EB-2 interview were scheduled in Kuala lumpur, Malaysia and in Bern, Switzerland for IT professionals. Yay!

I was so excited when proclamation ended in February, but this timing here is so frustrating. Not a single IL in 3.5 months for EB category here. 

I know that nobody has a crystal ball, but when do you think we will start seeing IL? My guess is September (and that's best case scenario). 

Yaa its frustrating for us waiting that long.

I guess, if Pasand and Espineapple not getting IL this month, then there will be high chance next month.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, Dip_eb said:

Yaa its frustrating for us waiting that long.

I guess, if Pasand and Espineapple not getting IL this month, then there will be high chance next month.

I agree, the problem of our group is we are too small and we are not aware of situation of other people in this category. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes. We just dont have enough people in this group to predict anything. Based on the visa issuance stats for Montreal they have been issuing ~30 EB category visa's. Its hard to believe all of them are expedited cases (Doctor's and Nurses etc).  Not sure if they already processing EB cases just at much slower rate.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

Hi. Quick question. Do you all receive an automated email from NVC every 90 days or so regarding the status of your petition? I am not receiving the same and I have seen that people in other forums are receiving it. 

Just last week, I received a "Case status update" email from NVC stating that my application is awaiting an interview since Feb 18th. 

~~

Timeline

Good news that things have started to move. I got the following email today from MTL Consulate. Note that I already have the commuter GC, this interaction is for my family to be granted GC under same approved 140 EB2 petition because we plan to move to the USA now as a family. The communication is addressed to my wife.

Good afternoon,

In order to schedule you and your children's immigrant visa appointments please complete the DS260 application forms (Link:  https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/  ) once completed please scan and send us a copy of the bar-coded confirmation page for each family member.  Once received we will be able to schedule your appointments.

Regards,

OP29

Immigrant Visa

U.S. Consulate General

Montreal, Canada

3 minutes ago, dskar said:

Good news that things have started to move. I got the following email today from MTL Consulate. Note that I already have the commuter GC, this interaction is for my family to be granted GC under same approved 140 EB2 petition because we plan to move to the USA now as a family. The communication is addressed to my wife.

Good afternoon,

In order to schedule you and your children's immigrant visa appointments please complete the DS260 application forms (Link:  https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/  ) once completed please scan and send us a copy of the bar-coded confirmation page for each family member.  Once received we will be able to schedule your appointments.

Regards,

OP29

Immigrant Visa

U.S. Consulate General

Montreal, Canada

Congrat!

what’s your DQ date?

Timeline

I got the PR in April 2018 and the DQ was 6 months before then. It's not a typical case because it's more like "follow to join" for family members. But I posted this update anyway because derivative family members still fall under EB-2 category and this will give other members an update that consulate is finally looking at EB-2 files now. I'll post in this group when my family gets an interview date.

6 minutes ago, dskar said:

I got the PR in April 2018 and the DQ was 6 months before then. It's not a typical case because it's more like "follow to join" for family members. But I posted this update anyway because derivative family members still fall under EB-2 category and this will give other members an update that consulate is finally looking at EB-2 files now. I'll post in this group when my family gets an interview date.

Hi Dskar,

may I ask what is the Document Complete Date for your family? Not document complete date of yourself given they are under I-824

my situation is very similar to yours. I’m currently in US and got my GC in Nov 2018, under EB-2. Your family document complete date would be direct benchmark for my son 

My son is in Toronto, and I applied for I-824 (follow to join) in early 2019 and was approved in July 2019. And his Document Complete date at NVC is Nov 2019. So he is also in EB-2 category.

our plan is for him to finish high school in Canada and come to US for university. Now he got accepted at some good school in US but anxiously waiting fir the interview. School starts in late September. 

much thanks. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

@dskarHow did you reach out to mMTL consulate to let them know about your spouse and a child?

Mine is a follow to join case for my spouse and case is currently at NVC

@F2J_March NVC has no business with cases that were adjudicated at a mission outside of USA. In other words, if the principle applicant's case was processed through CP (Consular Processing), family members declared in his/her DS-260 can get an immigrant visa afterwards through original I-140 approved petition as derivatives by simply scheduling an IV appointment at the same consulate. I'm not sure about your case but if what I said above applies, send an email to MTL's IV unit at Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov with your MTLXXXX case number. They should be able to help. Also note that a follow to join (I-824) process doesn't apply in this case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.