Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, agrisiva said:

lol, i hear you. I was wondering the same. With I-140 approved back in 2010, i have waited long enough for my priority date to become current,  which it did this month. Now, I don't want to go back to another long line. Double-whammy! 

Ah darn. So you for the email from NVC and you’re just waiting for the interview date as well?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fulfcks said:

Ah darn. So you for the email from NVC and you’re just waiting for the interview date as well?

Yes, same here. Here is the file for more info. Please add yours if possible...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit?usp=sharing

~~

16 minutes ago, legit_immigrant said:

Looks like letters for IR1 April interviews were sent out on March 12.

Anybody here got an interview ??

Yesterday, I got email from MTL.

The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal is processing immigrant visas and will prioritize Immediate Relative family members of U.S. citizens including intercountry adoptions, fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens, and certain Special Immigrant Visa applications, as well as other mission critical categories such as medical professionals. While we aim to schedule and process cases as soon as practicable, there are likely to be increased wait times for completing services due to the ongoing pandemic and substantial backlogs. 

Please be assured that we will review your case as soon as we are able to expand our services. For further information about the Presidential Proclamations, please visit:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/Presidential-Proclamation-Coronavirus.html  

It seems that they are still using COVID as the pretext.

54 minutes ago, artfly said:

Yesterday, I got email from MTL.

It seems that they are still using COVID as the pretext.

Hi Artfly,

it seems strange here. Maybe I am over-analyzing.

1) did you get email from NVC or MTL Consulate?

2) the proclamation is referring to the Trump one, which has been lifted. When I click on the link, that page doesn't exist. So why you would receive a email yesterday still talking about that?

3) Many of us got an email from NVC on Mar4, and mentioned nothing about  prioritizing immediate relative family of US citizen

so seems that the email you got should be one before Biden lifting the proclamation. Thats was be the language. But why you got it yesterday?

BTW, do you mind telling us your document complete date?

Hi all,

my son has received acceptance letter from a US university. If he still doesn't get the interview by July, I plan to ask him to apply for student visa, at Toronto Consulate.

- school starts early September

do you guy think they would grant him the student visa, while there is an immigration case pending?

Much thanks,

We are in the immediate family category. We emailed the consulate as our appointment had been cancelled last year (but we already had the appointment book) to find out steps to have our interview rescheduled. I was disappointed to receive this message below which is completely irrelevant to what we had asked. It talks about reconsidering refused denials on the basis of 10014. Again, we asked about our appointment being rescheduled and received what appears to be a cookie-cutter reply:

Presidential Proclamation (P.P.) 10014, entitled “Suspension of Entry of Immigrants Who Present a Risk to the United States Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak,” was rescinded on February 24, 2021.  The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal will reconsider immigrant visa applicants whose petitions remain valid and who were previously interviewed but refused visas due to P.P. 10014.  Once the review is complete,  the visa unit will contact the applicant and advise if additional information is needed.

1 hour ago, legit_immigrant said:

Looks like letters for IR1 April interviews were sent out on March 12.

Anybody here got an interview ??

Where are you seeing that interview letters were sent out in March 12 for immediate relatives for MTL consulate? I don't see any conversation on MTL IR thread. Would you be able to share the link?

23 minutes ago, topman said:

Where are you seeing that interview letters were sent out in March 12 for immediate relatives for MTL consulate? I don't see any conversation on MTL IR thread. Would you be able to share the link?

Also see 2020 DQ tab here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/htmlview#

25 minutes ago, topman said:

They have their google sheet to track wait times

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/htmlview#

58 minutes ago, Stephenc111 said:

Hi all,

my son has received acceptance letter from a US university. If he still doesn't get the interview by July, I plan to ask him to apply for student visa, at Toronto Consulate.

- school starts early September

do you guy think they would grant him the student visa, while there is an immigration case pending?

Much thanks,

Unfortunately, most likely he will be denied F1 visa since he has the Immigrant intent already established in the pending case.

F1 visa requires that you don’t have immigrant intent.

1 hour ago, Stephenc111 said:

Hi Artfly,

it seems strange here. Maybe I am over-analyzing.

1) did you get email from NVC or MTL Consulate?

2) the proclamation is referring to the Trump one, which has been lifted. When I click on the link, that page doesn't exist. So why you would receive a email yesterday still talking about that?

3) Many of us got an email from NVC on Mar4, and mentioned nothing about  prioritizing immediate relative family of US citizen

so seems that the email you got should be one before Biden lifting the proclamation. Thats was be the language. But why you got it yesterday?

BTW, do you mind telling us your document complete date?

My case has been completed from NVC. My interview has been cancelled due to COVID in March, 2020.  I wrote to Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov for asking my question and yesterday got the answer.

5 minutes ago, artfly said:

My case has been completed from NVC. My interview has been cancelled due to COVID in March, 2020.  I wrote to Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov for asking my question and yesterday got the answer.

Interesting. May be they are still waiting to resume the EB interviews again. 

Can you confirm that you are in EB category?

If yes, could you please add your info in this sheet ? Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/htmlview

10 minutes ago, legit_immigrant said:

Thank you! Its unfortunate that IL's went out for quite a few IR visas but no one from EB category got a interview letter, even the folks that had their interviews cancelled in March. Its sounds to me like MTL is using the excuse of only processing mission critical visas.

2 minutes ago, topman said:

Thank you! Its unfortunate that IL's went out for quite a few IR visas but no one from EB category got a interview letter, even the folks that had their interviews cancelled in March. Its sounds to me like MTL is using the excuse of only processing mission critical visas.

Just re-read the cryptic response from MTL "Please be assured that we will review your case as soon as we are able to expand our services." Therefore, EB category are still not being considered for interviews.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.