Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

@Stephenc111 yup, I got this email too at around 2pm EST today. Sounds like they sent a bulk update. Hopefully we can get some sense of when they are scheduling interviews. I think the March letters should be going out in the next few days - it’ll be interesting to see if they send some EB letters too!

Yup, I got the exact same email this afternoon.  Hoping for some good news in the form of IL coming in soon for EB category. Fingers crossed! 

11 minutes ago, topman said:

Yup, I got the exact same email this afternoon.  Hoping for some good news in the form of IL coming in soon for EB category. Fingers crossed! 

One more in the list .. I also have received this email around 2 PM today. Jan 2019 was the last time I received communication from NVC. I noticed a minor change in today's wording .. Last time it mentioned, "your case is now documentarily  qualified", but this time it says "your case is documentarily complete". Does it mean anything different or is it just me reading differently?

2 hours ago, PradSim said:

One more in the list .. I also have received this email around 2 PM today. Jan 2019 was the last time I received communication from NVC. I noticed a minor change in today's wording .. Last time it mentioned, "your case is now documentarily  qualified", but this time it says "your case is documentarily complete". Does it mean anything different or is it just me reading differently?

I think it means the same thing. 

Timeline

Happy to hear those who’ve been waiting a while have heard something from the NVC

Please make sure as you get your IVs you keep the spreadsheet up to date! Also, would others mind filling in details such a priority date and country if they know it. Curious if there is any impact based on those values. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/htmlview#gid=0

On 2/26/2021 at 10:37 PM, Stephenc111 said:

Hi Agrisiva,

It works well. I updated the linked file. and everyone should be able to access and edit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Stephen

Thank you guys for creating this tracking sheet!! I added my line item as well. 
Can't wait for this to move forward..

Where can I get my case complete date?

Timeline
3 hours ago, legit_immigrant said:

Thank you guys for creating this tracking sheet!! I added my line item as well. 
Can't wait for this to move forward..

Where can I get my case complete date?

Awesome! You should’ve received an email from NVC once your case was documentarily qualified. That may state, or would roughly be your date. 

5 minutes ago, raisins said:

Awesome! You should’ve received an email from NVC once your case was documentarily qualified. That may state, or would roughly be your date. 

I did receive an email from NVC back in 2019. But it does not look like what was posted by @Stephenc111
It basically says the following in its first paragraph.

Dear Sir/Madam,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The
applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate
the applicant’s visa application.

Would that be the Case Complete Date then?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, legit_immigrant said:

I did receive an email from NVC back in 2019. But it does not look like what was posted by @Stephenc111
It basically says the following in its first paragraph.

Dear Sir/Madam,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The
applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate
the applicant’s visa application.

Would that be the Case Complete Date then?

yup, it is.

2 minutes ago, Stephenc111 said:

The date on the pdf letter is your document complete date, which determines your position in the queue. 

Now interesting twist in my journey is that my interview location was changed from another location to Montreal. This change happened in August 2020.

I wonder if that resets my position in the queue to August 2020.

I did not receive the email like you guys did couple of days ago.

Edited by legit_immigrant

1 minute ago, legit_immigrant said:

Now interesting twist in my journey is that my interview location was changed from another location to Montreal. This change happened in August 2020.

I wonder if that resets my position in the queue to August 2020.

I did not receive the email like you guys did couple of days ago.

You may want to clarify with NVC on that. 

logically it should not change your queue position. It should simply be prioritized based on your original document complete date. 

but only NVC can clarify. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fulfcks said:

Are interviews only prioritized by NVC completion date or also by family visa vs employment visa? My priority date was 2008 and I just heard back from NVC that they have completed things from their side and are waiting on interview date now. EB3

lol, i hear you. I was wondering the same. With I-140 approved back in 2010, i have waited long enough for my priority date to become current,  which it did this month. Now, I don't want to go back to another long line. Double-whammy! 

~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.