Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Mary184 said:

Hi everyone, I’m new in this group. Wondering if there is anyone here with NIW-EB2 category? What is the typical wait time for this category in Montreal office? Thanks a lot

There are quite a few of us here, don't know the exact number though. See @Blueeyes1989 posts on this thread and mine here  to give you a sense of the backlog and what you can expect for the wait time. Disclaimer : those are average numbers.

@Mary184Welcome to the group. Please see the EB tracking sheet in my signature. Current wait time is 27 months, but it will most likely speed up once family based visa interviews are completed. Did you receive a DQ date yet? Feel free to add yourself to the tracking sheet.

8 hours ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@Mary184Welcome to the group. Please see the EB tracking sheet in my signature. Current wait time is 27 months, but it will most likely speed up once family based visa interviews are completed. Did you receive a DQ date yet? Feel free to add yourself to the tracking sheet.

Thanks a lot. Yes and I recently did interview too. But unfortunately I was hit by ds5535 (AP) which totally sucks after such a long time wait … It seems from the spreadsheet that from the people who did interview in this group, they were all approved thankfully and no one went to AP? I haven’t read the whole thread yet, planning to do so soon. 

1 hour ago, Mary184 said:

Thanks a lot. Yes and I recently did interview too. But unfortunately I was hit by ds5535 (AP) which totally sucks after such a long time wait … It seems from the spreadsheet that from the people who did interview in this group, they were all approved thankfully and no one went to AP? I haven’t read the whole thread yet, planning to do so soon. 

Are they give ds5535 (AP) randomly to people or is based on background? I am originally from Iran, so should I expect to get that?

2 minutes ago, David San said:

Are they give ds5535 (AP) randomly to people or is based on background? I am originally from Iran, so should I expect to get that?

To be honest I’m not too sure. I’m on another thread that several people with completely Canadian background (also mom and dad being Canadian) have received it too. People say travelling in the past, background, similarity in name to people with criminal issues in the past … can all cause the issuance of this form. I’m from Iran too and got hit by this form. But I can’t say whether it was due to the country or what. I’m a long term Canadian citizen, and have travelled to US several times in the past with clean history and background … 

3 hours ago, Mary184 said:

Thanks for sharing @Mary184. Sorry I’m a bit confused with your initial ask here: Are you asking how long it takes to get an interview after DQ or how long it takes to get approved after the interview? Sounds like you have already interviewed, do you mind sharing when was your DQ and when was your interview for EB-2 NIW at Montreal? Thanks!

Edited by VA21202

17 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Thanks for sharing @Mary184. Sorry I’m a bit confused with your initial ask here: Are you asking how long it takes to get an interview after DQ or how long it takes to get approved after the interview? Sounds like you have already interviewed, do you mind sharing when was your DQ and when was your interview for EB-2 NIW at Montreal? Thanks!

Interview was May this year and I think DQ was back in fall 2019, it’s been a long time … I guess due to Covid as far as I know the consulate was not setting interviews. I was specifically asking if anyone here was under NIW-EB2 category in this group? I see a few names in spreadsheet who were NIW, not sure if the see this message. I was wondering if any of them was issues ds5535 too. 

Edited by Mary184

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

For short version regarding IV interview questions, please proceed straight to red highlighted "Then the actual interview started!". 

Although I'm not an EB applicant, we went through the pain of waiting FOREVER and I really feel that. During that time we supported and helped each other, I feel obligated to share my experience. Most importantly, hang in there and keep up the hope - massive IL will be coming very soon as I believe FB backlog should be cleared very soon. 

Jun. 06, 2022 @ CST 9:55AM - IL received - interview scheduled for Jul. 22, 2022 @ 9:15AM.

Jul. 11, 2022 @ CST 9:30AM - Appointment for physical exam; I'm done at 12:00PM due to Rogers network outage, they've to process the appointments booked before mine. I highly recommend Dr. Ian Zatzman in Vanghuan! He's really efficient and extremely friendly. Most importantly, blood work and X-ray can be done within the same building, so you don't need to run all over the city. Make sure bring your vaccination record or lab report showing immunization. The list is here: http://www.health1stmedical.ca/vaccination-table.html. Please be sure to get these vaccines beforehand to avoid any delay because Ian's office doesn't give any vaccines and you will have to do all listed vaccination before he can proceed with your medical report. 

Jul. 22, 2022 @ CST 9:00AM - I arrived at Second Cup Coffee across the Consulate and put my luggages (leaving everything behind except the file folder for IV interview) with my fiancé. She bought a coffee and waited there. 

Jul. 22, 2022 @ CST 9:10AM - I talked a nice and friendly security about my IV appointment at 9:15AM and he allowed me in. Handed in my passport to the receptionist. She gave a ticket and put a sticker at the back of my passport. Then I went through an airport-like security machine. Got to second floor and waited. After about 10mins, my ticket number was called, then I headed to Window 1 (not too sure about this). The guy asked me for original my passport (expired and new), PCCs (China & Canada), Birth Certificate & U.S. passport-sized photo (have it scanned and gave me back). He also asked me my legal status in Canada. After that, I was told to sit and wait. After about 15mins, I was called to Window 4. The VO was a really nice and friendly person. I said Good morning, sir and he greeted me Happy Friday. Then the actual interview started! He asked the following questions: what's my D.O.B,; Who petitioned for you; What's your petitioner's name and D.O.B; What do you do for living; Where do you live; Have you ever been to the U.S.; Have you ever been refused to the U.S.; What countries did you visit for the past five years; Did you ever visit your petitioner; How your petitioner got her Green Card; What your petitioner doing for living; How do you contact your petitioner and frequency; What's last entry into the U.S. and what did you do there; What's highest level of education; What do you study; etc. Basically asking questions covering my background and my petitioner's background. After answering these questions, the VO headed to his printer and got back with a white sheet 221g marking "additional processing is required". He told me that my case is neither approved nor refused and I should hear back from him within few weeks. Then he gave my Birth Certificate back but kept my both PCCs and passport. I got out the Consulate at exactly 10AM (9:15 - 10:00AM); I would say it was quite efficient. I got to Second Cup Coffee and used my cellphone to check CEAC which showed my case was refused. 

Aug. 02, 2022 @ CST 2:13PM - My CEAC status was updated but still showed refused. 

Aug. 04, 2022 @ CST 1:24PM - My CEAC status was updated but still showed refused. 

Aug. 04, 2022 @ CST 3:45PM - My CEAC status was updated to issued. 

I'm still waiting for my passport to be sent back to me; I'll update when I get it. 

Regards, 

Edited by 204

3 minutes ago, Mary184 said:

Interview was May this year and I think DQ was back in fall 2019, it’s been a long time … I guess due to Covid as far as I know the consulate was not setting interviews. I was specifically asking if anyone here was under NIW-EB2 category in this group? I see a few names in spreadsheet who were NIW, not sure if the see this message. I was wondering if any of them was issues ds5535 too. 

Thanks for the clarity. It’s interesting coz on our little tracker we actually couldn’t not find anyone who had EB interview in May so it’s good to know that at least someone had it. Don’t recall hearing about DS 5535 here recently, I hope it resolves very soon for you. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Thanks for the clarity. It’s interesting coz on our little tracker we actually couldn’t not find anyone who had EB interview in May so it’s good to know that at least someone had it. Don’t recall hearing about DS 5535 here recently, I hope it resolves very soon for you. Good luck!

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.