Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

I am a bit puzzled!  I keep keep checking CEAC to make sure it's actually true, but now I noticed this line:

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

it says that the interview date was provided by NVC , but I am under the impression that the IL from Montreal Consulate will provide the date and time. 

Found an old thread related to this.

TL;DR is that it’s standard messaging and the NVC is slow to communicate the date that’s been assigned by the consulate. Some were even able to call the NVC and get their interview date via phone after seeing this message. Otherwise, they did receive their emails in the next few days. All good stuff!

28 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Found an old thread related to this.

TL;DR is that it’s standard messaging and the NVC is slow to communicate the date that’s been assigned by the consulate. Some were even able to call the NVC and get their interview date via phone after seeing this message. Otherwise, they did receive their emails in the next few days. All good stuff!

Thanks, if I'm up very very early I will try calling NVC in the morning, best to call for 7 am (I am CST).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

I wonder if the e-mail from the NVC is auto generated and just hasn't gone out yet to inform you of the date/time.  @From_CAN_2_US do you have more info on how this works?

I don’t think @Sorrel got an email, but read the summary information on their CEAC portal.

From what I know, the way it works is, Montreal tells NVC how many slots they have available for the next batch of interviews and gives them dates and time. NVC assigns these based on DQ dates and issues interview letter by email to the applicant and the petitioner. At the same time, the file is sent to Montreal and the status shows “in transit.”

@Sorrel‘s interview has been scheduled. The email from NVC has either been sent to @sorrel and they didn’t receive for whatever reason (went into spam or NVC used wrong address?) or maybe there is some delay on NVC’s side in sending it like @VA21202 said, and they will receive it tomorrow or day after.

I remember now, I stand corrected, and I did see the “IN TRANSIT” status, but I saw it AFTER I received my letter, and it was still in NVC just a few hours before. So it seems for me NVC sent the interview email as soon as my interview was scheduled.

@Sorrel I agree, calling NVC at 7am is a good idea.

But congratulations in advance 😄

14 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Either March 2020 was a month with unusually high DQs, or there is a major slowdown in allocation to EB at MTL which is why we’re still not done with March 2020 after two rounds of letters. Hope you get yours soon too @LMIV!

I'm little confused. Did all the IV category interview letters already get sent for next month or MTL is still catching up interview letter for EB category for last month's backlog that did not get sent? Its not typical of NVC to send IL's so early in the month, especially since they have been sending IL last day of the month for past few months. Does anyone know if other categories such as IR also received their IL's today?

BTW, Congrats.. @Sorrel All the best of the interview.. Please keep us posted!

Edited by topman

5 minutes ago, topman said:

or MTL is still catching up interview letter for EB category for last month's backlog that did not get sent? 

Looks like more of a catch-up. I know IR received interviews early last week and we know FB received at the end of April so this might be catch up. It’s tough to see 3 rounds being needed for just one month of DQs but hey at least it’s moving…will take that over no movement at all 

Edited by VA21202

12 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

@Sorrel: Good luck for your interview!!

Did anyone else get IL ?

I am thinking that I may have gotten the IL because I wrote to the consulate after the last consular update (May 4th, 2022) where they indicated that they were caught up to March, 2020.  I asked if they had inadvertently missed me, because our date was earlier in March.  Plus my interview isn't until the end of June, and they normally don't give you six weeks notice. I'm hoping they will send out a lot of IL letters for July.  

1 hour ago, Sorrel said:

I am thinking that I may have gotten the IL because I wrote to the consulate after the last consular update (May 4th, 2022) where they indicated that they were caught up to March, 2020.  I asked if they had inadvertently missed me, because our date was earlier in March.  Plus my interview isn't until the end of June, and they normally don't give you six weeks notice. I'm hoping they will send out a lot of IL letters for July.  

Congratulations and good luck with interview...what documents they ask you to provide in interview, specifically do you need to provide a new affidavit of support?

23 minutes ago, David San said:

specifically do you need to provide a new affidavit of support?

I don’t think EB category needs Affidavit of Support, unless it’s a relative filing for the petition or the applicant has 5% or more ownership in the business that filed the petition. Please see below excerpt:

Who Needs an Affidavit of Support?

This form is legally required for many family-based and some employment-based immigrants to show they will have adequate means of support after immigration to the United States. Generally, the following intending immigrants need an Affidavit of Support:

• Applicants for family-based immigrant visas, including certain orphans.
  • Applicants for employment-based immigrant visas where a relative filed the immigrant visa petition or has a five percent or greater ownership interest in the business that filed the petition

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.