Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Tony05 said:

Two years discrepancy between two categories in one consulate, ridiculous. 

17 minutes ago, Tony05 said:

Two years discrepancy between two categories in one consulate, ridiculous. 

They could have plodded along and done one or two interviews for EB in May just to show good faith!  checked again this morning still at NVC.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, MKH22 said:

Hi Everyone, I have a question.My expedited request was approved 2 months ago and I am sill waiting for IL. Anyone has any suggestion or experience?  Thanks.

What was the expedite approved for?  You can request and expedite at any stage of the process.  If it was the interview, it sounds like from others who are not EB that the IL is sent out with the next group of ILs, so I'd imagine that you should have had one by now.  Maybe contact NVC or e-mail the consulate to ensure something wasn't missed.

6 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

What was the expedite approved for?  You can request and expedite at any stage of the process.  If it was the interview, it sounds like from others who are not EB that the IL is sent out with the next group of ILs, so I'd imagine that you should have had one by now.  Maybe contact NVC or e-mail the consulate to ensure something wasn't missed.

Thanks for your reply. Actually, it was for EB and expedite was for the interview. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, MKH22 said:

Thanks for your reply. Actually, it was for EB and expedite was for the interview. 

Good luck and welcome to the forum, MKH22. When you get a chance, can you please add your info to this Google Sheet that we are using for tracking purposes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by agrisiva

~~

6 hours ago, David San said:

My case being sent to NYC recently and I have to wait for 2-3 years for interview. I am thinking to request for my interview to be held in other country than Canada. Has anyone tried that? Do they have shorter wait time? Any risk involve doing that?

You can transfer the case to another country only by showing NVC strong evidences of ties with the country other than your country of birth. For instance, my case was transferred from India to Canada based on my Work permit in canada (must have 6+ months validity). Also your DQ date gets reset to the move date (so think twice). I am planning to move my case back as the travel restrictions are lifted and India is moving much faster than Canada in terms of number of interviews etc. Good luck!

10 minutes ago, jakay.gypsy said:

You can transfer the case to another country only by showing NVC strong evidences of ties with the country other than your country of birth. For instance, my case was transferred from India to Canada based on my Work permit in canada (must have 6+ months validity). Also your DQ date gets reset to the move date (so think twice). I am planning to move my case back as the travel restrictions are lifted and India is moving much faster than Canada in terms of number of interviews etc. Good luck!

Thank you jakay.gypsy for your reply. I born in Iran so I have some ties with them. At the same time, USA doesn't have embassy in Iran. Can I choose any other countries or it should be the countries that USA choose for Iranian as the go to countries? Also I checked some embassies like US embassy in Almaty and is not clear if they interview employment based visa, is there any place that we can find these information? What is DQ date that everyone talking about?

13 minutes ago, David San said:

Thank you jakay.gypsy for your reply. I born in Iran so I have some ties with them. At the same time, USA doesn't have embassy in Iran. Can I choose any other countries or it should be the countries that USA choose for Iranian as the go to countries? Also I checked some embassies like US embassy in Almaty and is not clear if they interview employment based visa, is there any place that we can find these information? What is DQ date that everyone talking about?

Regarding the consulates for Iranians, you would need to check with NVC. DQ date is the date NVC marks your case as "documentarily qualified" and after that you are ready for the interview once the slot is available at the designated consulate/embassy.

1 hour ago, jakay.gypsy said:

Regarding the consulates for Iranians, you would need to check with NVC. DQ date is the date NVC marks your case as "documentarily qualified" and after that you are ready for the interview once the slot is available at the designated consulate/embassy.

Thank you...I should have guessed DQ(documentarily qualified)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, jakay.gypsy said:

Minor clarification here - being born in a country does not automatically allow you to transfer your case to that country.

Being born in Bahrain to Indian citizens, I would not be able to transfer my case to Manama. Citizenship is the more relevant parameter. Being a citizen of India even if one never lived there, may allow you to transfer your case to India, but I understand there are challenges in procuring relevant documents if you don’t have sufficient ties to the country (I understood that residence proof in India would have been needed which I couldn’t provide, obtaining police certificates may also be a challenge).

It is best to interview in the country of your current residence. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.