Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, F2J_March said:

As per my lawyer, people from EB categories who were dqd from early 2020 to Mid 2020 have got interview letter. If thats the case, I dont know why none of the people from this forum got IL..weird!!

It’s weird for a lawyer to be vague with words like “early to mid” when consulate is being specific with the month. What does early to mid mean? January to June 2020? 

If the lawyer isn’t being specific, then there is nothing to learn from them.

Also, How did the lawyer get this info? From their other clients who DQ’d Jan to June? 

Lawyers are not privy to any additional information than the general public. Their information, similar to us if from the statistics we gather from actual cases of people we know (fellow VJ members). Seeing as how, no VJ members here past March 2020 receive ILs, I would simply not believe the lawyer if they mean that people until June DQ 2020 have received ILs.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

I was just trying to tell the group what I heard from my lawyer. Of course, they are also unaware about whats happening as they dont have any specific place to gather info. They also rely from other lawyers and cases they have.

I also had same concern like yours and I conveyed to my lawyer. I cannot force anyone to believe what my lawyer said. I was surprised and confused like many of you guys so just posted it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

I was just trying to tell the group what I heard from my lawyer. Of course, they are also unaware about whats happening as they dont have any specific place to gather info. They also rely from other lawyers and cases they have.

I also had same concern like yours and I conveyed to my lawyer. I cannot force anyone to believe what my lawyer said. I was surprised and confused like many of you guys so just posted it.

I understand… I am sure everyone is glad you shared the info. Being in the dark, we grasp for every bit of info possible. I was just drawing attention to the grain of salt.

It’s possible the lawyer has EB and Family preference conflated.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

24 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I understand… I am sure everyone is glad you shared the info. Being in the dark, we grasp for every bit of info possible. I was just drawing attention to the grain of salt.

It’s possible the lawyer has EB and Family preference conflated.

Ok after a 1h 51 min wait on hold listening to that annoying music, I was told that my case is still at the NVC and Montreal has not requested that it be transferred.   This coupled with the fact that I reached out to Montreal yesterday, and got the robo reply, we are actually no further ahead to knowing why EB's are not being scheduled.  

25 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

Ok after a 1h 51 min wait on hold listening to that annoying music, I was told that my case is still at the NVC and Montreal has not requested that it be transferred.   This coupled with the fact that I reached out to Montreal yesterday, and got the robo reply, we are actually no further ahead to knowing why EB's are not being scheduled.  

We are definitely a special, chosen group of people 😅 This is just an extraordinary wait of being 99% there but not quite. So like we have done for the last 27, we wait for another month for some positive news 🙏🏻

20 hours ago, F2J_March said:

Just from other lawyers, I believe. Lets wait for montreal to update its page and we can have some idea.

“As of May 3, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in March 2022. Most Family Preference and Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in March 2020.”

So I guess no letters issued this time for EB? That’s really sad to see the month stay the same. One thing we know for sure is that FB is definitely not still at March 2020 since we have seen Jun/July 2020 even. IR/CR received letters yesterday so to me it looks like this update correctly captures the DQ dates for IR/CR but not for FB and hopefully it’s showing the old DQ date for EB as well. The adventure continues…

@Sorrel

13 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

“As of May 3, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in March 2022. Most Family Preference and Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in March 2020.”

So I guess no letters issued this time for EB? That’s really sad to see the month stay the same. One thing we know for sure is that FB is definitely not still at March 2020 since we have seen Jun/July 2020 even. IR/CR received letters yesterday so to me it looks like this update correctly captures the DQ dates for IR/CR but not for FB and hopefully it’s showing the old DQ date for EB as well. The adventure continues…

@Sorrel

Two years discrepancy between two categories in one consulate, ridiculous. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.