Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, VA21202 said:

Frustrating for sure! They’ve historically updated this page after they’re done with a round of letters (even the off cycle EB/FB letters). Curious to see what & when the next update is.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

I observed they usually update consular operation early each month. 

5 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Got it, will be interesting to see what they’re saying in this next update. Given that we’ve heard FB up to July in one instance (not sure if that was expedited or not).

5 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Got it, will be interesting to see what they’re saying in this next update. Given that we’ve heard FB up to July in one instance (not sure if that was expedited or not).

We did not hear if vancitycdn8 got approved.  There is no update on spreadsheet.

Edited by Sorrel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

I can confirm the case I reported - F4 with July 2020 DQ and interview on May 27 was NOT expedited.

Timeline
1 minute ago, MKH22 said:

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how long we should wait to receive the IL after approval of  EB expedited request from MTL these days?  Thank you.

Not sure for EB, but in general, once your expedite is approved, MTL reserved a slot for you in the very next round of interviews (usually the first slot available for that Category in the following month), so the wait is less than a Month.

4 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

We were sooo close last month, and have been waiting patiently this month, but the clock is ticking, and it looks like there are no EB IL 's in April. 

I’m sincerely hoping you get a letter at around the time dcisw received it on Feb 28…looks like it was 1:38pm, not sure if it’s showing my time zone or some other time zone, but my time zone is PST…Really hope you get it today!

On 2/28/2022 at 1:38 PM,  dcisw said: 

Just got my interview letter!  March 28th.  My DQ was January 2, 2020

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

We were sooo close last month, and have been waiting patiently this month, but the clock is ticking, and it looks like there are no EB IL 's in April. 

I know… it is so nerve wracking when they push it to the last minute. The three nights before I got my IL I literally didn’t sleep and kept checking my email because MTL had sent ILs at 2 am on some occasions. I wouldn’t be exaggerating to say I went into depression that last few days thinking they would skip that month.

It is possible that MTL won’t issue ILs for EB this month, but unlikely. So as hard as it is, please hang in there. I sincerely hope you will receive good news in the next couple of hours.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

17 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I know… it is so nerve wracking when they push it to the last minute. The three nights before I got my IL I literally didn’t sleep and kept checking my email because MTL had sent ILs at 2 am on some occasions. I wouldn’t be exaggerating to say I went into depression that last few days thinking they would skip that month.

It is possible that MTL won’t issue ILs for EB this month, but unlikely. So as hard as it is, please hang in there. I sincerely hope you will receive good news in the next couple of hours.

I have been checking since 1 am this morning!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.