Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

No they said caught up to March 2020, which made me think that they would now be starting to look at April, 2020.

It does not necessarily mean they have gotten to March 11 yet. They could have just gotten to March 6 for example.

The cut offs are not for end of the month. There are a certain number of slots and they fill up as many applicants as they can chronologically based on their DQ date. This sometimes even translates to some people falling on the exact cut off date not getting ILs while others do. I have seen this happen, and they were not skipped, just didn’t make the cut off.

This not to say that you definitely have not been skipped, because I have seen that happen often enough recently as well. It’s just that you have no way to know without actually knowing someone who has a DQ date later than yours having received IL. If you do find someone like that, call NVC immediately and also email Montreal, as they should be made aware of the error. Even with this proof, they deny making an error (which is infuriating, because one person was asked for the applicant numbers of such people as proof, when they gave it to NVC, they still denied any error), but without it, you have no basis for claiming you were skipped.

The website says March 2020, not April 2020, so the cut off may have been first week of March 2020.

21 hours ago, Sorrel said:

We did try and put pressure as a group by writing letters on January 26th, 2022 to The Montreal Consulate, NVC, Consulate in Ottawa and not one of us got a personal reply back.  It is just hard to understand why are continually in is this hold pattern, counting the days each month and waiting for those interview letters.

Is there anything else we can do. Protest? Sounds like other US consulates are catching up, so Montreal has to get up to speed.  

32 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

It does not necessarily mean they have gotten to March 11 yet. They could have just gotten to March 6 for example.

The cut offs are not for end of the month. There are a certain number of slots and they fill up as many applicants as they can chronologically based on their DQ date. This sometimes even translates to some people falling on the exact cut off date not getting ILs while others do. I have seen this happen, and they were not skipped, just didn’t make the cut off.

This not to say that you definitely have not been skipped, because I have seen that happen often enough recently as well. It’s just that you have no way to know without actually knowing someone who has a DQ date later than yours having received IL. If you do find someone like that, call NVC immediately and also email Montreal, as they should be made aware of the error. Even with this proof, they deny making an error (which is infuriating, because one person was asked for the applicant numbers of such people as proof, when they gave it to NVC, they still denied any error), but without it, you have no basis for claiming you were skipped.

The website says March 2020, not April 2020, so the cut off may have been first week of March 2020.

Yes we will have to just be patient and wait and see what happens when the next IL's come out.

Hi guys, I have a question. The I-140 has approved for my family but this time I have only applied for immigration for myself and my family is follow to join. I want to ask my family can stay in Canada and wait for immigration or they can stay in USA with me and apply for immigration. They have Canadian passports. Thanks 

50 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

Just thought of sharing this. No intention to confuse all and mislead to the main topic.

Today I received this Newsletter from CIS Ombudsman as a stakeholder. I believe this will be a good news for folks who will be receiving CR1 visa

Here is another link from USCIS https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/news-releases/uscis-implements-risk-based-approach-for-conditional-permanent-resident-interviews

If you think this would be a great information to add to the FAQ for future source, please include it. 

image.thumb.png.ba353fda7eab6045a0336858d435a92c.png

Just saw this in the IR1/CR1 thread. Let's hope this means more positive progress for all categories. 

1 hour ago, Tor24 said:

Hi all – found this great thread while prepping for my EB interview and wanted to share my timing in case it helps anyone navigate theirs:

• My DQ date is Feb 21, 2020 and my interview is scheduled for tomorrow 
  • Received my IL 3 weeks ago 
  • Booked my medical appointment in BC with Dr. Cheema (highly recommend!) Was able to quickly get an appointment and confirmation that my results were sent to the consulate the week after my appointment

Per the conversation in the thread above re: March timing, I suspect they are caught up to end of Feb/early March 2020 based on my DQ date.

Appreciate the update. Please let us posted about your interview experience. Best wishes and good luck for tomorrow!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.