Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

I don't think there's any formula or methodology to this madness...

Its just a huge pile of paperwork and they do whatever they can, whenever they can. No benchmarks, no standards to follow, no incentive to process X number of files in Y amount of time. We are stuck with bureaucracy. Its not their fault as the system is broken.

I'm wondering how many employers in the US are willing to go through this?

Excellent timing with shortage of labor... my company would have given up ages ago!

30 minutes ago, can_do said:

I don't think there's any formula or methodology to this madness...

Its just a huge pile of paperwork and they do whatever they can, whenever they can. No benchmarks, no standards to follow, no incentive to process X number of files in Y amount of time. We are stuck with bureaucracy. Its not their fault as the system is broken.

I'm wondering how many employers in the US are willing to go through this?

Excellent timing with shortage of labor... my company would have given up ages ago!

I just wondering why London and Guangzhou can process so fast,  why Montreal not.

Edited by Tony05

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sometimes wonder if they are just hoping that the backlog will somehow be addressed by the DOS and that they won't actually need to deal with it.  Since USCIS is speeding up their processing times, they are going to have no choice but to address the interview backlogs at consulates or it's pointless for USCIS to speed up as the backlog will just continue to grow at consulates.

37 minutes ago, CaveMan2 said:

Waiting 2.5 years for an interview is ridiculous. My wife and I are now likely to stay in Canada if this does not speed up. The discrepancy between timelines with family sponsorship versus Eb2 visas is unreasonable. Is there anything we can do as a group to put more pressure to speed this process up? 

We did try and put pressure as a group by writing letters on January 26th, 2022 to The Montreal Consulate, NVC, Consulate in Ottawa and not one of us got a personal reply back.  It is just hard to understand why are continually in is this hold pattern, counting the days each month and waiting for those interview letters.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, can_do said:

No mention of actual visas/consulate operations...

U.S. immigration agency moves to cut 9.5 million-case backlog and speed up processing:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigration-uscis-case-backlog-processing-delays/

I read this last night.  This is why I think that they are going to have to address the backlog of interviews waiting to be scheduled at NVC, otherwise it's pointless to speed up things with USCIS and then have the backlog at NVC.

3 hours ago, Sorrel said:

Do you think they missed me?  Dqed March 11, 2020?  I have seen that in other categories where people have been passed over for a couple of months.

I don't think they missed you. The update was put out while it's probably lying on someone's desk (as they're away for the weekend)...

These days, irrational hope is better than logical gloom.

If only the process was as precise as we expect!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sorrel said:

Do you think they missed me?  Dqed March 11, 2020?  I have seen that in other categories where people have been passed over for a couple of months.

It’s possible, but it is also possible the cut off in March 2020 was before March 11. Unfortunately, there is no way to really know unless someone here with a DQ date later than yours posts that they received the IL.

10 minutes ago, LMIV said:

We just received the robo email from nvc too.  Also realized I was off by a few days on our DQ date - updated in the excel sheet to March 25, 2020.  Super frustrating...was hoping for the miracle to happen this past week!!

It is just frustrating that they say they are caught to April, 2020, it would imply that people dqed in March 2020, had already received their Interview letters.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

It is just frustrating that they say they are caught to April, 2020, it would imply that people dqed in March 2020, had already received their Interview letters.

Did they say April 2020? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.