Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what's going on with this month's EB interview letters for MTL? In the past, my understanding was that interview letters were sent at the same time as IR/CR cases but there was an exception last month when EB interview letters got sent on the last day of the month. Is this the new norm now? Does anyone know if other consulates around the world are sending interview letters separately for EB cases?

Just trying to understand if this month is a wash for the EB interviews or can we still expect letters on the last day of the month?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, topman said:

Does anyone know what's going on with this month's EB interview letters for MTL? In the past, my understanding was that interview letters were sent at the same time as IR/CR cases but there was an exception last month when EB interview letters got sent on the last day of the month. Is this the new norm now? Does anyone know if other consulates around the world are sending interview letters separately for EB cases?

Just trying to understand if this month is a wash for the EB interviews or can we still expect letters on the last day of the month?

It's kind of out of your topic...

My two cents. If you observe MTL-K1 NOA2 & Interview Dates - Google Sheets and visajourney.com Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa Data (do not request access) - Google Sheets, you will find out there are no interviews filled between Apr. 12 and Apr. 30. Hopefully, they will fill these spots with FB & EB cases. 

Edited by 204

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, 204 said:

My two cents. If you observe MTL-K1 NOA2 & Interview Dates - Google Sheets and visajourney.com Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa Data (do not request access) - Google Sheets, you will find out there are no interviews filled between Apr. 12 and Apr. 30. Hopefully, they will fill these spots with FB & EB cases. 

Hope you're right! I am getting pretty anxious about my IL and things that need to be done as well

38 minutes ago, 204 said:

Thank you for sharing this. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for next two days.. lol

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

@vancitycdn8Awesome!! Congratulations!  Hope we get to hear more..

@Sorrel @topman @corg @RKD @Dip: Any update for you guys??

Looks like family based categories who was dqd in April 2020 also got IL for April 2022.

Not yet, and no emails today so far. 

Hoping it comes today or tomorrow 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Do we still have chance to receive more IL's for this month? I thought that typically they are sent together for a given category (EB in our case).

If there are no more IL's expected this month than last month was really a one-off as they progressed only ~3 weeks this month. This is really sad :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.