Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, VA21202 said:

Looks like IR/CR got a few letters today, late Jan 2022 DQs so far. Some folks have been skipped over for a couple of months now.

Yes, it is really perplexing and worrying to see people being skipped so often these days. One person was skipped three months in a row…

I don’t know why NVC is messing up like this… 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, F2J_March said:

Does anyone in this group know if the process of submitting documents to NVC for EB based categories has changed   i.e from mail to uploading online. Asking for a friend as her lawyer is saying that the documents needs to be uploaded online.

Last June you had to mail them.  I doubt anything has changed.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

Has anyone contacted Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov with questions?  Just wondering how long the wait for a response usually is.

Yes, I have. They usually response within two weeks. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

Great, thank you.  Just coming up to the two week mark on Monday.

I contacted them at the end of Feb and got replied after 5 business days. I think their response speed depends on how backlogged their email is. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't seem to find an updated thread, so I'll ask here first.  What are everyone's plans for moving their stuff to the US?  We were looking at U-Pack but they have no containers available in Canada and won't until likely the fall of 2023!  POD is the only other company I can find that looks like you can pack it yourself and they'll deliver to a US address...however we have to ship to Edmonton first cause they can't deliver to the US from Calgary.  I got a quote from a moving company that does cross border moves, just to load and haul everything (we pack), but it is a bit on the expensive side (almost $12,000 USD).  Interested to hear what others are planning on doing.

29 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

I can't seem to find an updated thread, so I'll ask here first.  What are everyone's plans for moving their stuff to the US?  We were looking at U-Pack but they have no containers available in Canada and won't until likely the fall of 2023!  POD is the only other company I can find that looks like you can pack it yourself and they'll deliver to a US address...however we have to ship to Edmonton first cause they can't deliver to the US from Calgary.  I got a quote from a moving company that does cross border moves, just to load and haul everything (we pack), but it is a bit on the expensive side (almost $12,000 USD).  Interested to hear what others are planning on doing.

My 2 cents: wait.

I got ridiculous quotes and no time commitments.

Advice I got from a friend in logistics is to do this last minute. The industry seems to be very erratic at this time and will stay so for another 2 years.

But its great to see people planning for the move after such a long time!    

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.