Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sorrel said:

Also do the photos for the medical exam have to be date stamped?  I had printed previous info that they just require 5 photos, but I now notice that there was an update, dated 02/18/2022 which says they now need to date stamped.  

Sorry I haven’t received the IL. Maybe someone who has got interviewed can answer your question. 

1 hour ago, Sorrel said:

Hopefully someone will know!  Thanks

Hi @Sorrel

When I took my appointment for the medical in Montreal, the receptionist told me that the 5 photos had to be date stamped on the back. 

I did not really know if the 2 photos for the interview itself had to be stamped, so I gave them one with a stamp and one without and did not have any issues. 

Do not forget that all photos have to be US size, which is not the same as in Canada. I got mine done at Staples. 

Good luck, seems your turn is coming very soon!

31 minutes ago, kachab said:

Hi @Sorrel

When I took my appointment for the medical in Montreal, the receptionist told me that the 5 photos had to be date stamped on the back. 

I did not really know if the 2 photos for the interview itself had to be stamped, so I gave them one with a stamp and one without and did not have any issues. 

Do not forget that all photos have to be US size, which is not the same as in Canada. I got mine done at Staples. 

Good luck, seems your turn is coming very soon!

Thank you very much!  We had them done in the States in February, but now we are bow back n Canada so we will have to get them redone for the time.  The first time. Canada were too large, now the second time are not stamped.  Just trying to get everything lined up!

18 minutes ago, RKD said:

Hi, when do you guys think interview letters for April will go out? My DQ is April 15, 2020, do you guys think I will get an interview for April? I was planning to travel next month but now I'm thinking I should delay my travel.

Right now we are waiting for IL's for March, 2019.  Depending on the length of your travel you should be good to travel next month.  

12 minutes ago, RKD said:

Since last month they did for Dec 2019 to Feb 2020 so I thought maybe April interview letter might cover March and April 2020. I was planning to travel the entire month and be back by April month-end. 

I would say (well, I hope atleast) there is high likelihood that the next set of letters will cover March & April 2020. Given that the last set of letters were issued Feb 28, hopefully the letters will come in by March 31. If that’s the case, your interview might be at some point in April. Again this is all optimistic speculation but worst case, plan in advance to be back in Canada immediately if a letter hits your inbox.

5 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

I would say (well, I hope atleast) there is high likelihood that the next set of letters will cover March & April 2020. Given that the last set of letters were issued Feb 28, hopefully the letters will come in by March 31. If that’s the case, your interview might be at some point in April. Again this is all optimistic speculation but worst case, plan in advance to be back in Canada immediately if a letter hits your inbox.

Thanks. I have another question. How long it would take to reschedule an interview appointment for spouse and children after the main applicant is approve? In case I'm approved and my wife miss the interview due to travel.

32 minutes ago, RKD said:

Thanks. I have another question. How long it would take to reschedule an interview appointment for spouse and children after the main applicant is approve? In case I'm approved and my wife miss the interview due to travel.

Not sure to be honest. Haven’t seen that experience here recently (I may have missed it on the earlier pages) My thought is to reschedule and try to get everyone listed on the application to attend in one go. We had one of our fellow VJers reschedule to the following month due to a family reason. If you find any better info, please do share here. 

Edited by VA21202

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.