Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

@Sorrel & @vancitycdn8 Looks like they did jump 3 months(Dec, Jan, Feb) in the last round so it should be soon hopefully! Fingers super-crossed :)

March 9 Update:

“Most Family Preference and Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in February 2020.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

Wow this is amazing!!!! Sooooo incredibly close! DQ date is March 1, 2020. Fingers crossed @Sorrel and I receive our ILs by the end of this month! Does anybody know if I can or should start the process of getting another RCMP certificate now since it has taken really long for others?

6 minutes ago, vancitycdn8 said:

Wow this is amazing!!!! Sooooo incredibly close! DQ date is March 1, 2020. Fingers crossed @Sorrel and I receive our ILs by the end of this month! Does anybody know if I can or should start the process of getting another RCMP certificate now since it has taken really long for others?

Exciting stuff! I can’t think of anything that will stop you from applying for a fresh RCMP cert, might as well get that request in since it’s coming up soon for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

Do you think it is easier to get medical in Vancouver or Montreal?  We can go either way, but from the dialogue on VJ it seems some of the Montreal medicals don't arrive until after the interview causing delays.

Every doctor’s office has had issues at different times with delayed medicals, so I don’t think there is a right answer here.It depends on delays by the public testing (due to Covid) in that particular province and city.

The best you can do is book your appointment, first thing after getting your interview letter and hope for the best.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

33 minutes ago, vancitycdn8 said:

Don't forget police clearance good for two years.

3 minutes ago, 204 said:

I re-did mine on Jan. 07, 2022 and it only took two weeks to arrive at my mailbox. 

Have a question, if you could help. is my police certificate expired?

Issued: march 2019

was issued from my home country, since then i visited once for one month.

i appreciate your help on this. and thanks for helping.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dip_eb said:

If I were you, I would redo all the PCC (I redid mine even though I've not backed to my home country since Mar. 2019). Just to be safe, if the Officer is picky, you'll have a backup plan... 

As per NVC criteria, Civil Documents (state.gov)

Let me know if you've further questions. 

image.thumb.png.01a8c98f0ea1685bf6f5099ccdfa09c6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Dip_eb said:

Yes, strictly speaking, since you returned to the country since the issuance of the police certificate, it is no longer valid and you need a new one. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jakay.gypsy said:

I have a question regarding police clearance in Canada. for the EB green card interviews, should we apply for "Name-based criminal record checks" or "Certified criminal record checks with fingerprinting"? I am just being prepared by applying for the RCMP records even though my DQ date is in 2021

You have to get fingerprinted. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.