Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, dcisw said:

Status now says "IN TRANSIT - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

I remember checking last week and it was still "At NVC" so I'm assuming it changed when the interview letter was sent out.

Thank you, I will continue to monitor CEAC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, New_123 said:

thank you so much, @From_CAN_2_US! :) my fiancé and I have been on the fence about getting married as we don't want anything to cause any legal issues while I go for the interview. I thought of posting here to see if anyone has any idea regarding the same. this definitely helps, thanks! :)

my fiancé is already in the USA (on a non-immigrant visa) and does not need to be a secondary applicant as of now. so in the case, I can just show up to the interview and let them know I've gotten married and show the marriage certificate, right?

by the main page, do you mean this: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/ ?

I really don’t think getting married would would cause issues or delay your visa. But I am not an EB expert.

I meant post a question under the main forum, not under Canada. That would get you the most views from experienced folks.

You can also call NVC and email Montreal consulate with the question. 

44 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I really don’t think getting married would would cause issues or delay your visa. But I am not an EB expert.

I meant post a question under the main forum, not under Canada. That would get you the most views from experienced folks.

You can also call NVC and email Montreal consulate with the question. 

ah, okay, got it. Thank you so much, @From_CAN_2_US! I will post it there and see if any experienced members have some insight. Thanks, again! 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, New_123 said:

thank you so much, @From_CAN_2_US! :) my fiancé and I have been on the fence about getting married as we don't want anything to cause any legal issues while I go for the interview. I thought of posting here to see if anyone has any idea regarding the same. this definitely helps, thanks! :)

my fiancé is already in the USA (on a non-immigrant visa) and does not need to be a secondary applicant as of now. so in the case, I can just show up to the interview and let them know I've gotten married and show the marriage certificate, right?

by the main page, do you mean this: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/ ?

Interesting. I am in the exact opposite situation. My fiancée and I looked into tying the knot asap so that we can apply as a family under my petition 

Timeline
On 3/3/2022 at 10:12 AM, forever_immigrant said:

I have just received confirmation that all documents are complete at NVC, I assume today's date is for DQ in the EB tracker document? 

Now the long wait starts ♾️

Probably close enough. You'll get an email after you've been in the DQ state for more than 60 days (and every 60 days after that). 

That email lists your official DQ date. 

My confirmation email that all documents are complete at NVC came 5 days after my official DQ date. Which I only learned in hindsight after getting my first 60 day email.

Edited by raisins

@Sorrel & @vancitycdn8 Looks like they did jump 3 months(Dec, Jan, Feb) in the last round so it should be soon hopefully! Fingers super-crossed :)

March 9 Update:

“Most Family Preference and Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in February 2020.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

@Sorrel & @vancitycdn8 Looks like they did jump 3 months(Dec, Jan, Feb) in the last round so it should be soon hopefully! Fingers super-crossed :)

March 9 Update:

“Most Family Preference and Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in February 2020.

GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS!!

Woohoo!! What a big surprise! I've been refreshing Consulate's operation website since Mar. 05 when they usually post updates. 

Hopefully everyone gets IL soon. 

4 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

March 9 Update:

Hopefully the IL's for April will be sent early next week!  

16 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

March 9 Update:

If they group the interviews by month you are probably looking at a June interview!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.