Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2022 at 9:56 AM, era101 said:

We are approved today  but the visa will be pending till we send the updated RCMP police certificates that is taking longer than expected. I applied for the police certificates on February 2nd but not received yet. The officer at the consulate said everything is fine. They will keep the passports until I send the updated rcmp police certificate. We spent less than 1 hour inside the consulate. We met two officers. The first one asked for passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate, US address, photos, and police certificates, then took fingerprints. Then the second made the oath that we are telling the truth, asked about previous stays at USA, my job in Canada and what I plan to work in USA (note that I am a self petitioner and don't have a US employer yet). They didn't ask for any financial documents. Overall the experience was smooth and things went well. I hope now that I get my RCMP police certificate soon and sent via mail to the consulate. 

I did the medical on Monday February 14 in Vancouver. It went great, and the doctor was very nice.

Wish you all the best!

@era101Congratulations on your visa approval. I am also a self petitioner with no US employer or US residence. Based on the current backlog, I am not expecting my interview anytime soon. However, I want to be prepared and would like to get some insights from a fellow member who self petitioned their case and got approved.

I would really appreciate your response on the questions below-

1. Same as you, I do not have a US address since I am living in Canada permanently. I used my friend's address in DS-260. 

For the "Evidence of Domicile in the USA",  what address proof you provided at the time of interview? 

2. Were you asked for the affidavit of support and evidence of support? Did you take bank statements to the interview as a back-up?

3. Regarding work in USA, did you provide any email proofs for job interviews or anything related to prospective employer?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Wohoo!!! Congrats @dcisw! This is the news we were looking for all month, nice way to wrap up the month! Thanks for sharing immediately, helps a lot!

Looks like @hesh and @ KM have got their letters too earlier today! (Saw on G-doc) Thanks for updating your information so quickly. Good stuff, that’s Dec 2019 and Jan 2020! We don’t have any Feb 2020 DQ’s on tracker so this maybe a long shot, but any luck @Sorrel and @vancitycdn8?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, dcisw said:

Just got my interview letter!  March 28th.  My DQ was January 2, 2020.  

What a great news! So happy for you! Good luck to your interview. 

I’m kind of surprised that the Post has worked on cases DQ’ed on Jan. 2020, which is a good sign! I guess they’ve sped up the process. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, dcisw said:

Just got my interview letter!  March 28th.  My DQ was January 2, 2020.  

Congratulations!

Here's hoping Montreal continues to follow in London's footsteps...

31 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Looks like @hesh and @ KM have got their letters too earlier today! (Saw on G-doc) Thanks for updating your information so quickly. Good stuff, that’s Dec 2019 and Jan 2020! We don’t have any Feb 2020 DQ’s on tracker so this maybe a long shot, but any luck @Sorrel and @vancitycdn8?

Nothing yet!  Fingers crossed for next round! Soooooclose!

Timeline
3 hours ago, New_123 said:

does anyone know how it works if you do get married during this time between case being DQ-ed and waiting for an interview? do we have to submit the marriage certificate to NVC, or is that not needed since at the time of submission of documents, I wasn't married.
are there any repercussions at all?

any help on this would be great! Thanks!

I was hoping someone else here would answer your question. Not being from Employment category, I don't know for sure.

I imagine you would want to take your spouse with you to the US and so they would become a secondary applicant or derivative (unless they are American, which I doubt they are or you would be on the CR1 route). In this situation I think you need to resubmit the DS-260 with your spouse's information and supporting documents. I think additional fees would apply. You would need to call NVC to arrange all this.

If you are moving alone (without your spouse), then you don't need to do anything. You show up at the interview and let them know of any changes to your DS-260 form (in this case spouse info), and yes carry marriage certificate in case they ask for it.

If I were you, I would post on the main page. Experienced people there would be in a better position to answer. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Ava1 said:

@era101Congratulations on your visa approval. I am also a self petitioner with no US employer or US residence. Based on the current backlog, I am not expecting my interview anytime soon. However, I want to be prepared and would like to get some insights from a fellow member who self petitioned their case and got approved.

I would really appreciate your response on the questions below-

1. Same as you, I do not have a US address since I am living in Canada permanently. I used my friend's address in DS-260. 

For the "Evidence of Domicile in the USA",  what address proof you provided at the time of interview? 

2. Were you asked for the affidavit of support and evidence of support? Did you take bank statements to the interview as a back-up?

3. Regarding work in USA, did you provide any email proofs for job interviews or anything related to prospective employer?

Thanks.

@Ava1 My parents own property in Arizona, so I have provided their address.  I asked for the green card to be sent to our lawyers office in the event nobody in my family is in Arizona when it arrives as we are planning to cross, find a home, return to Canada for a couple weeks to tie up loose ends and drive down with our vehicles and animals.  The lawyer can Fed-ex the card if needed.  We are not required to provide an affidavit of support or evidence of support as self petitioners.  I have been advised to bring any work orders I have pending to show that I intend to work in my field as I am self-employed.  Hope this helps.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

Congratulations!  Did your status on CEAC change from at NVC to ready to be scheduled?  If so how far ahead did it change?  

Status now says "IN TRANSIT - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

I remember checking last week and it was still "At NVC" so I'm assuming it changed when the interview letter was sent out.

Timeline
1 hour ago, dcisw said:

Status now says "IN TRANSIT - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

I remember checking last week and it was still "At NVC" so I'm assuming it changed when the interview letter was sent out.

Yes, this is what it says when transferring to Consulate. It will then change to READY.

Timeline

I was about to make a post earlier continuing to vent frustration at the lack of movement and the lack of interview letters in Feb. What a beautiful thing to see!!

Also very nice to see that we have folks from Dec and Jan getting interviews this round instead of the usual groupings of just one DQ month. 

Congratulations @dcisw, hesh, & KM!!

3 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I was hoping someone else here would answer your question. Not being from Employment category, I don't know for sure.

I imagine you would want to take your spouse with you to the US and so they would become a secondary applicant or derivative (unless they are American, which I doubt they are or you would be on the CR1 route). In this situation I think you need to resubmit the DS-260 with your spouse's information and supporting documents. I think additional fees would apply. You would need to call NVC to arrange all this.

If you are moving alone (without your spouse), then you don't need to do anything. You show up at the interview and let them know of any changes to your DS-260 form (in this case spouse info), and yes carry marriage certificate in case they ask for it.

If I were you, I would post on the main page. Experienced people there would be in a better position to answer. 

thank you so much, @From_CAN_2_US! :) my fiancé and I have been on the fence about getting married as we don't want anything to cause any legal issues while I go for the interview. I thought of posting here to see if anyone has any idea regarding the same. this definitely helps, thanks! :)

my fiancé is already in the USA (on a non-immigrant visa) and does not need to be a secondary applicant as of now. so in the case, I can just show up to the interview and let them know I've gotten married and show the marriage certificate, right?

by the main page, do you mean this: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/ ?

Edited by New_123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.