Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CanadianMD said:

Thank you for posting this. I don't understand how Consulates can allow there to be such a large discrepancy. 1 month for IR1/CR1, vs 26 months for EB/FB. Who is making these decisions?

If you look at London the Eb1's DQed in January 2021 were getting interviews in January 2022, and we are still waiting.  Plus Montreal is saying that "local conditions" affect scheduling-but those conditions haven't affected the other categories!  Do they only have certain staff designated for certain categories??  This is such a guessing game!

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sorrel said:

If you look at London the Eb1's DQed in January 2021 were getting interviews in January 2022, and we are still waiting.  Plus Montreal is saying that "local conditions" affect scheduling-but those conditions haven't affected the other categories!  Do they only have certain staff designated for certain categories??  This is such a guessing game!

Totally a guessing game.  I have reached out to my lawyer to see if there is anything else I can do at this point, which is unlikely, but I want to make sure I am doing everything I can to move this along.

In the interview letter, they are asking for "Evidence of Domicile in the USA", I do not have a rent over there. But I have my friends address, where he can host me. Is this enough? 

Also what is the affidavit of support and evidence of support? Giving that I am a self-petitioner and I do not have an employer or employment letter, I can only provide a bank statement?

42 minutes ago, pow123 said:

I think if things stay like this long enough there will be enough frustrated individuals willing to file a lawsuit. I don’t think that’s the case currently. The “tiered” processing is unlawful and can be challenged.

Should we let the public know by posting our concerns on the social media as well? 

1 hour ago, Perseus said:

Should we let the public know by posting our concerns on the social media as well? 

I don’t think there is harm in doing that but the sad fact is I don’t think it will do anything because nobody cares.

Hopeful that maybe there will be more ILs this month. Doesn’t look like any for EB on this forum at least.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

There are hardly any interview letters issued for March for any category. Either Montreal is reducing its interviewing capacity or they are going to issue more ILs for March.  

It’s still early in the month.  Hopefully by next week we’ll have some good news!

Timeline
1 hour ago, pow123 said:

I don’t think there is harm in doing that but the sad fact is I don’t think it will do anything because nobody cares.

Hopeful that maybe there will be more ILs this month. Doesn’t look like any for EB on this forum at least.

I agree. Unfortunately no one would care.

There is also little incentive for the Montreal Consulate to process EB / FB cases faster. Regardless of how long they take, they are getting paid nonetheless and there is little that we can do.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, CanadianMD said:

I agree. Unfortunately no one would care.

There is also little incentive for the Montreal Consulate to process EB / FB cases faster. Regardless of how long they take, they are getting paid nonetheless and there is little that we can do.

Just browsing around and found it's interesting to see the Montreal Post is hiring Visa Assistant...

Source: https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancysearch/searchVacancies.hms?_ref=tdvhmjjrpt0

截屏2022-02-08 下午9.06.55.png

截屏2022-02-08 下午9.07.07.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
58 minutes ago, 204 said:

Just browsing around and found it's interesting to see the Montreal Post is hiring Visa Assistant...

Source: https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancysearch/searchVacancies.hms?_ref=tdvhmjjrpt0

截屏2022-02-08 下午9.06.55.png

截屏2022-02-08 下午9.07.07.png

Thanks for this! Yes, it is a good sign.

We had information that for at least the months of October, November and December, Montreal had brought in COs from other consulates to help with the case loads. One of the interviewees was told so by the CO interviewing her. We speculate, that this is (at least in part) how they managed to clear such a backlog of the tier 1 category in those months.

Hopefully this is an increase in staff and not a replacement.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Thanks for this! Yes, it is a good sign.

We had information that for at least the months of October, November and December, Montreal had brought in COs from other consulates to help with the case loads. One of the interviewees was told so by the CO interviewing her. We speculate, that this is (at least in part) how they managed to clear such a backlog of the tier 1 category in those months.

Hopefully this is an increase in staff and not a replacement.

Yes, from the website, it shows this position is permanent; hopefully they can allocate more interview slots and take a serious effort to clear backlog of FB/ EB... 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Perseus said:

There are an exceptionally high number of employment-based visas available this fiscal year (October 2021 through September 2022).

There's no point in posting this if they are not going to use them up. Last year they wasted 80k green cards because they were unable to issue them in time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.