Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

This month is weird and kind of concerning. They did not issue any ILs for IR/CR or for K1 as well. So far only 1 IL for EB. Not sure, what is going on with Montreal consulate. 

ILs go to K-Visa applicants. 

6B4CCDFD-E0FC-4A4E-A5C4-E03E278C3258.jpeg

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

It did not. Their cases went into transit, but none of them got any IL. I am part of the facebook group for K1. 

That’s too wired. I thought ILs go to K-Visa. 

Well, I’m trying my best to be patient but this process takes forever… Most of us have been waiting for at least 6+ years. 

3 hours ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

This month is weird and kind of concerning. They did not issue any ILs for IR/CR or for K1 as well. So far only 1 IL for EB. Not sure, what is going on with Montreal consulate. 

IR/CR got at least a couple of letters today. One person’s Case Complete date is Nov 8! That’s like hardly a wait! At this rate, next month I think they’ll reach those completed in March ‘22 lol  

Edited by VA21202

Timeline
39 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

IR/CR got at least a couple of letters today. One person’s Case Complete date is Nov 8! That’s like hardly a wait! At this rate, next month I think they’ll reach those completed in March ‘22 lol  

It's even faster than pre-covid period... That's just lol...

20 hours ago, pow123 said:

So frustrating!

I hear you. There’s a couple of folks there who were DQ’ed in December and are feeling down that they haven’t got an IL yet. They’re really hoping to hear back on Tuesday since Monday is MLK holiday. Very different kind of frustration in each group…2 weeks Vs 2 years. Anyway, moving on….it’s not their fault.

Edited by VA21202

Timeline
33 minutes ago, CaveMan2 said:

What is the wait time now for Interview in Montreal for EB2 category once everything is processed by NVC

Way too long.. hoping most of the backlog will be cleared by summer, but that may be optimistic. 

You can check out current applicants right now, and their Case Compete date (everything is processed by NVC) on this sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

Feel free to include your own case - the more data points we have, the better our predictions can be.

On 1/6/2022 at 1:57 PM, kachab said:

I may be wrong, but I have the strong suspicion that they wait for the Visa Bulletin for the following month to come out before sending the letters for EB's and F's which are covered by it, contrarily to CR/IR and K visas. That may be why they can send letters to them earlier in the month. 

I have noticed the past few months, except last month, all the letters were coming out soon after the Visa Bulletin was published. Last month they sent the letters to the other categories earlier, but ours came out again after the Visa Bulletin. They probably don't want to send a letter to someone too early and then find out that the priority date has retrogressed and there is no visa available in his/her category in the month of the interview and have to cancel. 

The Visa Bulletin has been coming out lately around the 15th-16th of the month. The letters would probably be coming out a few days after that in about 2 weeks. Hope this is the case and many of you guys get good news this month! 

Good luck with your interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.