Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Stephenc111 said:

We got the interview letter today, for Feb 23.  finally, after a 26 months wait

Congrats!

Usually, IL sent out after several days visa bulletin is published. I guess the Montreal Post is solving backlog problem. They really need to take serious effort to handle backlog... 

42 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Excellent! Thanks for sharing, such a long wait but better late than never I guess! All the best to your son!

Thank you.

In our case, no harm done. My son graduated from high school last year and got offer at a UC campus. He did't get the immigration visa on time, and he applied for a student visa and started school last September. Now he will fly back to Toronto in Feb for the physical exam and interview.

what is the current expectation for the passport back (through courier) after the interview? anyone who can share their experience?

He has to wait for the passport before he can come back to US for the school

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Since @dcisw did not receive IL yet, we can safely assume that MTL is moving just 1 month at a time for EB. That that rate it will take long time to clear the backlog. 

IR1/CR1 has way more applications then us and they were moving 3 months per month. This is just painful.

I am going to try to move to US on H1B. They have waived off interviews for H1B so as long as employer agrees, you can be in US in a month if we do premium processing for H1. Based on how things are going I believe AOS will be much faster than MTL and since we will already be in US wait is much less painful. :)

5 minutes ago, Stephenc111 said:

Thank you.

In our case, no harm done. My son graduated from high school last year and got offer at a UC campus. He did't get the immigration visa on time, and he applied for a student visa and started school last September. Now he will fly back to Toronto in Feb for the physical exam and interview.

what is the current expectation for the passport back (through courier) after the interview? anyone who can share their experience?

Awesome, that worked out well then. For passports, I’m not sure if I’m remembering this right but usually between 2-3 weeks based on what I’ve seen on the IR/CR forum. It varies a bit in case medicals are not yet available and they ask to wait till Administrative Processing gets completed. Hopefully 2 weeks.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Stephenc111 said:

Thank you.

Based on my analysis from IR1/CR1 thread, passport will take 1 to 3 weeks depending on location. If you are in big cities like Toronto/Montreal you will get it sooner.

He will definitely need passport to travel back to USA.

32 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Awesome, that worked out well then. For passports, I’m not sure if I’m remembering this right but usually between 2-3 weeks based on what I’ve seen on the IR/CR forum. It varies a bit in case medicals are not yet available and they ask to wait till Administrative Processing gets completed. Hopefully 2 weeks.

Thank you. Hopefully sooner. Will ask him to get a permission for a 2-3 weeks of leave of absence just in case

39 minutes ago, viksaw said:

Since @dcisw did not receive IL yet, we can safely assume that MTL is moving just 1 month at a time for EB. That that rate it will take long time to clear the backlog. 

IR1/CR1 has way more applications then us and they were moving 3 months per month. This is just painful.

I am going to try to move to US on H1B. They have waived off interviews for H1B so as long as employer agrees, you can be in US in a month if we do premium processing for H1. Based on how things are going I believe AOS will be much faster than MTL and since we will already be in US wait is much less painful. :)

Yes. My AOS process took about 8 moths. The I-824 for my son took 7 months. Never expected the wait at final step took so long

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.