Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Yu&Do said:
Hello everyone,

Just had my interview for EB3 at montreal and wanted to share, hope this helps!
There are some restrictions on what you can bring and cant, like big bags or any digital devices are not allowed in so make sure you leave them at the hotel.
(Seemed like some ppl didnt kno)
They ask for all the original documents that we have submitted to nvc and then ask a few questions about general personal info and about the work.
Hope this helps.

hi @Yu&Do

Thanks for sharing your experience! 

I have a quick question : I see the time between your case completion and interview date is about two years (maybe a little more?).
1.Did you have to get new PCCs for those you had already submitted?
2.If yes, how did you get them in the short time frame between your interview letter date and actual interview date?

lastly, question open to anyone who can answer:
3.if you enter the country that you already have a PCC for (and staying for not more than six months there), do you need to get a new PCC?

Hi all,

My interview (last Monday, Dec 13)went well, similar experience to @Yu&Do

I was one of the people not aware of the bag restriction - so definitely, DO NOT BRING A BAG TO THE INTERVIEW! They won't let you through the building doors otherwise.

You get a number and wait, the process is in two steps - first time they call you, you submit originals of documents and 2 passport-size pictures.

Then you wait some more, before seeing a second person who asks about your employment, travel history, etc. Nothing much to it.

To be clear, everything happens with you standing at the service counter talking through a plexiglass window (like you're at the DMV) - so it's not like they bring you into an office to quiz you or anything. Overall, I was in& out in about an hour.

Last note, the person said it might take 3-4 weeks to get my passport back with the visa (dunno why it takes so long to print a sticker) - so definitely don't plan on entering the USA immediately after your interview!

Best of luck to all,

JG

2 hours ago, JG_ said:

Hi all,

My interview (last Monday, Dec 13)went well, similar experience to @Yu&Do

I was one of the people not aware of the bag restriction - so definitely, DO NOT BRING A BAG TO THE INTERVIEW! They won't let you through the building doors otherwise.

You get a number and wait, the process is in two steps - first time they call you, you submit originals of documents and 2 passport-size pictures.

Then you wait some more, before seeing a second person who asks about your employment, travel history, etc. Nothing much to it.

To be clear, everything happens with you standing at the service counter talking through a plexiglass window (like you're at the DMV) - so it's not like they bring you into an office to quiz you or anything. Overall, I was in& out in about an hour.

Last note, the person said it might take 3-4 weeks to get my passport back with the visa (dunno why it takes so long to print a sticker) - so definitely don't plan on entering the USA immediately after your interview!

Best of luck to all,

JG

Thank you for the info!
May I ask if you were approved at the spot? What the officer told you about the status of your application?

11 hours ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@Sorrel Please go ahead and comment on US Embassy Montreal post. It is funny to see so many K1 visa people commenting on Facebook on US Embassy Montreal page and whining and crying that "they have to wait 7 months to get an interview call".  

11 hours ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@Sorrel Please go ahead and comment on US Embassy Montreal post. It is funny to see so many K1 visa people commenting on Facebook on US Embassy Montreal page and whining and crying that "they have to wait 7 months to get an interview call".  

With K1's being DQ'ed almost to the end of November, 2021, how many more K1 visas can there be? Do you really think there are hundreds of Canadian fiancé s?  Just reading about all the people with criminal records and lack of funds to support themselves you would think they would be anxious for self sufficient people who could i crease their tax base and not be a burden to the system!  This is getting beyond frustrating!

On 12/15/2021 at 8:24 PM, Blueeyes1989 said:

Hi Blueeyes1989, I already added my timeline in the shared doc. Really hope everyone in the forum have a good holiday season and will get our interviews soon!

43 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

Did anyone hear about any interview dates for Jan?? Looks like they did not send any appointments for EB categories. This is so fraustating..

No, still nothing here. I thought they would maybe send some EB interview letters after the Visa Bulletin came out last Thursday. If at least they would say when they will start seriously addressing the EB backlog, that would make the wait more tolerable. Really tired of being in such a limbo! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.