Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

Why do they keep skipping over us?  It's been almost two years since most EB's were scheduled!  They were already caught up with the other categories and now they are current with Dq dates into September and October, 2021.  

This is beyond frustrating and I have not been waiting nearly as long as some of you.  I am going to try reaching out to a Senator in the state we are moving to (eventually!) and see what they say...worst they can say is they can't help or do anything for us.  Also does anyone think that the Build Back Better Act will help any of us waiting?

I am assuming that they will skip us ONE MORE TIME when they send the IL in January. They have covered the IR/CR category till Oct 2021 DQ dates in the December IL and hence they will send out ILs for Nov, Dec and Jan DQ dates in January. After that they may start scheduling EB and F categories interviews.  

Also, I don't think Build Back Better Act will ever pass Senate. It is just a time waste exercise. 

Edited by Blueeyes1989

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, I jumped the gun or Montreal is monitoring these boards because we just received an interview date for Jan 21, 2022 today morning  Our DQ date was August 17th 2021. Hang in there folks, the light at the end of the tunnel is coming.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, s2dat10 said:

Actually, I jumped the gun or Montreal is monitoring these boards because we just received an interview date for Jan 21, 2022 today morning  Our DQ date was August 17th 2021. Hang in there folks, the light at the end of the tunnel is coming.

I'm assuming this isn't EB as people with DQ dates from Oct 2019 still haven't got interviews. 

21 minutes ago, s2dat10 said:

Congrats! You happen to be in the forum that has had the least love from Montreal so far with a 2 year backlog :) Glad to hear about your interview, here’s the link to the forum with IR updates: 

1 hour ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

I am assuming that they will skip us ONE MORE TIME when they send the IL in January. They have covered the IR/CR category till Oct 2021 DQ dates in the December IL and hence they will send out ILs for Nov, Dec and Jan DQ dates in January. After that they may start scheduling EB and F categories interviews.  

Also, I don't think Build Back Better Act will ever pass Senate. It is just a time waste exercise. 

That's what I am also afraid they will do. If that's really the case, it would mean that the IR category would end up having wait times shorter than before the pandemic! Really not fair... 

44 minutes ago, kachab said:

That's what I am also afraid they will do. If that's really the case, it would mean that the IR category would end up having wait times shorter than before the pandemic! Really not fair... 

i tried reaching out to the Senator in the area we would be moving, and they indicated that they only help Americans!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

i tried reaching out to the Senator in the area we would be moving, and they indicated that they only help Americans!

Ugh.  Well hopefully I get a different response.  I sent an e-mail an hour ago or so and 20 min later they e-mailed back saying they would be assigning a caseworker to address my concerns.  I'll keep y'all posted on the progress or lack of progress I make.

On 12/9/2021 at 3:33 PM, 3LabMom said:

Ugh.  Well hopefully I get a different response.  I sent an e-mail an hour ago or so and 20 min later they e-mailed back saying they would be assigning a caseworker to address my concerns.  I'll keep y'all posted on the progress or lack of progress I make.

Can Yu&Do and JG update us on how the interviews went?  Hope you were both successful!

Hello everyone,

Just had my interview for EB3 at montreal and wanted to share, hope this helps!
There are some restrictions on what you can bring and cant, like big bags or any digital devices are not allowed in so make sure you leave them at the hotel.
(Seemed like some ppl didnt kno)
They ask for all the original documents that we have submitted to nvc and then ask a few questions about general personal info and about the work.
Hope this helps.

40 minutes ago, Yu&Do said:
Hello everyone,

There are some restrictions on what you can bring and cant, like big bags or any digital devices are not allowed in so make sure you leave them at the hotel.
They ask for all the original documents that we have submitted to nvc and then ask a few questions about general personal info and about the work.
Hope this helps.

Thanks! Sounds like all went well, Congrats and all the best :)

4 hours ago, Yu&Do said:
Hello everyone,

Hope this helps.

Congratulations, and thank you for the update!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.