Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hanif said:

I suggest you take a look at this guide which is posted on the same page:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/Immigrant Visa Symbols.pdf

The EB 1 2 3 equivalent immigrant visa names are indeed E 1 2 3.

The same as F1 here is not a student visa but an immigrant visa for an unmarried child of a US citizen.

Note that these statistics are all immigrant visas nothing is temporary here.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/explore-my-options/e-visas-e-1-e-2-and-e-3-for-temporary-workers

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sorrel said:

I know, it's confusing.

That's the nonimmigrant visa categories defined by USCIS. Again it's the same situation as F-1. in the context of nonimmigrant it means Student Visa. In the context of immigrant visa it means a child of US citizen.

19 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

Looks like the October stats have finally been posted for anyone interested.  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/OCTOBER 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf.  Does E1, E2, E3 refer to EB-1, EB-2, etc?

Thanks! MTL’s Definitely been busy. Even for EB they’ve gotten thru about 50 in October alone! Makes me wonder how big the EB ocean is, I guess we’ll never really know.

New update from MTL: https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

"As of December 1, 2021, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily qualified at the National Visa Center in October 2021. Most Family Preference and Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in October 2019"

So looks like they will send IL for IR/CR till Oct 21 for interview in January.

3 hours ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

New update from MTL: https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

"As of December 1, 2021, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily qualified at the National Visa Center in October 2021. Most Family Preference and Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in October 2019"

Thanks, that’s literally a 2 year difference between IR and EB! Anyway, I looked at the IR1 tracker and there’s only like 1-2 DQ in Oct 2021 there so far. And they usually have a pretty representative sample so it looks like with this above update, MTL is pretty much current on IR interviews. Praying that it means more focus on Tier 3/4 (who knows)

Edited by VA21202

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/3/2021 at 3:40 PM, Blueeyes1989 said:

On their website, it states "The Consulate is prioritizing immigrant visas for Immediate Relatives, fiancé(e) (K) visas, and mission critical cases. Nonimmigrant visas are emergency only, please apply here.  For immigrant visa inquiries please email Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov."

Why are they still prioritizing certain groups over others when the mandate has already been revoked. That's so frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/3/2021 at 3:40 PM, Blueeyes1989 said:

Long time lurker, limited poster. Had a quick question for the team but my wife's case was DQ'd on Aug 17th. Based on the above, it seems like Montreal skipped her case if they are working through IR-1 cases that were DQ'd in Oct'21? (apologies if I am misreading this)

How does the embassy reach out regarding setting up interview? Reason I ask is because we did have her address changed in-case they mail out for scheduling?

22 hours ago, s2dat10 said:

Long time lurker, limited poster. Had a quick question for the team but my wife's case was DQ'd on Aug 17th. Based on the above, it seems like Montreal skipped her case if they are working through IR-1 cases that were DQ'd in Oct'21? (apologies if I am misreading this)

How does the embassy reach out regarding setting up interview? Reason I ask is because we did have her address changed in-case they mail out for scheduling?

On 12/7/2021 at 10:31 PM, Blueeyes1989 said:

Lumped together

Does it look like we are being skipped over for interviews again!  IR1/cr1 are being given interview dates in January, and one has a DQ date September, 2021.

Also good luck to those who have interviews on December 13, 2021!  Could you please let us know how it goes?  Thanks

14 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

Does it look like we are being skipped over for interviews again!  IR1/cr1 are being given interview dates in January, and one has a DQ date September, 2021.

Also good luck to those who have interviews on December 13, 2021!  Could you please let us know how it goes?  Thanks

Yes, it it starting to look like it... My DQ date is Oct 25, 2019 and still radio silence. 

30 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

There is someone with Oct 2021 DQ date for IR/CR who got IL. They have a packed schedule for January.

Why do they keep skipping over us?  It's been almost two years since most EB's were scheduled!  They were already caught up with the other categories and now they are current with Dq dates into September and October, 2021.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.