Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, AlAlp said:

Can somebody please tell me where I can find the spreadsheet for EB interview timeline? Also, does the interview scheduling have anything to do with the priority date of your I-140?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/

~~

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Visa Services Operating Status Update

Last Updated: November 19, 2021

As worldwide restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic begin to ease, and in line with the President’s proclamation regarding the safe resumption of international travel, the Bureau of Consular Affairs will focus on reducing wait times for all consular services at our embassies and consulates overseas while also protecting health and safety of our staff and applicants.  Although local conditions and restrictions at individual consular posts may continue to fluctuate, the guidance to posts for the prioritization of consular services during the pandemic issued in November 2020 has been rescinded. Embassies and consulates have broad discretion to determine how to prioritize visa appointments among the range of visa classes as safely as possible, subject to local conditions and restrictions.

Hopefully this means that Consulates will now process applications in order, rather than through the artificial tier list that is discriminating against us.

Edited by CanadianMD

5 hours ago, CanadianMD said:

Hopefully this means that Consulates will now process applications in order, rather than through the artificial tier list that is discriminating against us.

That's a good news for us!
Though this "Embassies and consulates have broad discretion to determine how to prioritize visa appointments among the range of visa classes as safely as possible, subject to local conditions and restrictions." at the end worries me a bit. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Van24 said:

That's a good news for us!
Though this "Embassies and consulates have broad discretion to determine how to prioritize visa appointments among the range of visa classes as safely as possible, subject to local conditions and restrictions." at the end worries me a bit. 

Regardless of whether this sentence is there, consulates already prioritize certain cases more than others anyways.

I know a few individuals who have had their cases expedited (not premium processing) due to financial hardships.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, late to the party, but I just finished the online IV application on https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx.

Fees paid, application is complete, but I do not see any button to upload civil documents' soft copies.

Immigrant X
PRINCIPAL
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT
PAID COMPLETED

Immigrant Y
SPOUSE
ACCOMPANY
PAID COMPLETED

11 minutes ago, forever_immigrant said:

Did NVC contact you directly to ask you to submit hard copies?

Thanks.

In the initial letter from NVC there was a mailing address so it was safe to assume hard copies were required. My experience is they respond 2 weeks after receiving hard copies.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, journeyman_2020 said:

In the initial letter from NVC there was a mailing address so it was safe to assume hard copies were required. My experience is they respond 2 weeks after receiving hard copies.

Same here.  I did send them via a courier service (UPS) instead of snail mail.  I think it was around $20-30, but it got there really quick and I didn't have to wonder if it ever made it.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Looks like the October stats have finally been posted for anyone interested.  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/OCTOBER 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf.  Does E1, E2, E3 refer to EB-1, EB-2, etc?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
9 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

Looks like the October stats have finally been posted for anyone interested.  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/OCTOBER 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf.  Does E1, E2, E3 refer to EB-1, EB-2, etc?

Thanks for sharing. And to answer your question: yes it does.

16 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

E1,E2, E3 are not within the EB category.  They are for temporary workers.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

E1,E2, E3 are not within the EB category.  They are for temporary workers.

I suggest you take a look at this guide which is posted on the same page:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/Immigrant Visa Symbols.pdf

The EB 1 2 3 equivalent immigrant visa names are indeed E 1 2 3.

The same as F1 here is not a student visa but an immigrant visa for an unmarried child of a US citizen.

Note that these statistics are all immigrant visas nothing is temporary here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.