Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Got it, thanks for the update. Praying that you and all others in 2019 get it soon, good luck!

Yes, I hope so too. Having been in the queue for the interview for over 2 years while the other categories are now getting an interview after a few months is very frustrating to say the least!

5 minutes ago, kachab said:

Yes, I hope so too. Having been in the queue for the interview for over 2 years while the other categories are now getting an interview after a few months is very frustrating to say the least!

Right, I can imagine but I think you’re close! If IR is jumping 3-4 months each month (probably due to a combination of relatively lower new applications in the pandemic and increased processing capacity), it’s very likely that they will have no backlog after the next round of ILs. That’s bound to bump up the speed of Ks and EBs, even if they reduce the capacity by a bit. Hope is all we can have, stay strong, almost there. You’re definitely closer to the end than the start, not sure a lot of us can say that lol but we hope for it!

10 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Right, I can imagine but I think you’re close! If IR is jumping 3-4 months each month (probably due to a combination of relatively lower new applications in the pandemic and increased processing capacity), it’s very likely that they will have no backlog after the next round of ILs. That’s bound to bump up the speed of Ks and EBs, even if they reduce the capacity by a bit. Hope is all we can have, stay strong, almost there. You’re definitely closer to the end than the start, not sure a lot of us can say that lol but we hope for it!

Yes, agree. They will need to seriously address the EB's backlog around Jan 2022 at the latest since the Tier 2 backlog should almost resolved by then at this pace. It's frustrating having to wait so long for this interview which is the very last step of an even longer process. In addition, this interview is basically just a formality to check that we are legit and really the person our employer claimed us to be. 

Glad to hear two IL were sent but why is everyone here so optimistic? I don’t believe anything will be boosted in the next month of two. 

I’m planning to ask my employer to enter the US via L1 visa and then adjustment of status (my DQ is Dec 2020). 

The embassy showed they really don’t care, mostly because they changed their status to green. 

I know I’m taking a risk with this L1 and AOS path but I’m pretty confidence I will get it quicker than what will happen in Canada or might miss it with a few months but at least won’t face this discrimination again. 

Just realized this when I saw it posted on the IR/CR forum:

“Current case review time: As of 15-NOV-2021, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 18-AUG-2021.“

The NVC can only schedule interviews at the Montreal consulate for those applications that are DQ’ed. Given that this month’s IL briefly touched early July 2021 DQ’s, and the fact that some applications from Aug are still not even DQ’ed, seems like they’re pretty close to being “current” on IR/CR interview letters. 

1 hour ago, VA21202 said:

Just realized this when I saw it posted on the IR/CR forum:

“Current case review time: As of 15-NOV-2021, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 18-AUG-2021.“

The NVC can only schedule interviews at the Montreal consulate for those applications that are DQ’ed. Given that this month’s IL briefly touched early July 2021 DQ’s, and the fact that some applications from Aug are still not even DQ’ed, seems like they’re pretty close to being “current” on IR/CR interview letters. 

interesting! I hope we will see more movements for EB category in December-January in that case.

12 hours ago, AlAlp said:

Can somebody please tell me where I can find the spreadsheet for EB interview timeline? Also, does the interview scheduling have anything to do with the priority date of your I-140?

The interviews are scheduled in the order they were documentarily qualified at the NVC, not based on the priority date of the I-140. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.