Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, viksaw said:

This is exactly why i was saying we need to file lawsuit for EB as well 

Just like DV, EB is also numerically capped to 140k green cards every year. Last fiscal year (which ended in Sept 2021) they wasted 80k green cards.

Also leaglly speaking there is no basis for tier'ed prioritization. With already 2 year backlog, i am not sure when we will get IL. 

If you hear of anyone filing a lawsuit, let me know as I'm interested.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

If you hear of anyone filing a lawsuit, let me know as I'm interested.

Well....I am not aware of anyone filling the lawsuit. We discussed on this thread few days ago. We all need to pool some $$ to sue them. Doing alone is costly. Also If its done in large group it adds some weight to the case.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Let's first figure out if we can have a lawsuit. Based on my understanding the petitioner owns the case. Maybe if someone is NIW they can sue. In that case if we have significant number of NIWs here, then we have a plan.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Hanif said:

Let's first figure out if we can have a lawsuit. Based on my understanding the petitioner owns the case. Maybe if someone is NIW they can sue. In that case if we have significant number of NIWs here, then we have a plan.

I think lawyers will charge some $$ to analyze and let us know if beneficiaries can file the lawsuit or not.

If any of you guys know lawyer who can let us know if we can file a lawsuite...pl plz plz chime in.

Our issue is that not too many people opt for consular processing in EB category. On top of that most of the other consulate(London/Malesia/India) based on my research are processing EB cases much faster than Montreal. Hence we dont have too many ppl stuck like us. This thread itself dont have much active participants.

I am not sure what you guys think but 2 years backlog is too long even for tier 4. I am not against prioritization but it needs to be reasonable. They cant be moving tier 2 three months at a time while we hopelessly wait.

Based on the last video Montreal released, they explicitly mentioned that they increased capacity for Oct-Dec months. If they temporarily increased the capacity(apparently just to reduce the tier 2 backlog) and if they intend go back to regular capacity in Jan then we have a big issue at hand :(

My case is for my spouse. I am an NIW green card residing in the US while I filed a follow-to-join for my spouse. I am willing to combine with any other follow-to-join case to either write a petition to the department of state or atleast discuss with a lawyer. The whole prioritization is based on family re-unification and if my spouse is being de-prioritized from joining me, it is totally opposite to what the whole "idea of family re-unification". If any follow-to-join case is here, please let me know and we can continue the conversation privately.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
8 hours ago, viksaw said:

I think lawyers will charge some $$ to analyze and let us know if beneficiaries can file the lawsuit or not.

If any of you guys know lawyer who can let us know if we can file a lawsuite...pl plz plz chime in.

Our issue is that not too many people opt for consular processing in EB category. On top of that most of the other consulate(London/Malesia/India) based on my research are processing EB cases much faster than Montreal. Hence we dont have too many ppl stuck like us. This thread itself dont have much active participants.

I am not sure what you guys think but 2 years backlog is too long even for tier 4. I am not against prioritization but it needs to be reasonable. They cant be moving tier 2 three months at a time while we hopelessly wait.

Based on the last video Montreal released, they explicitly mentioned that they increased capacity for Oct-Dec months. If they temporarily increased the capacity(apparently just to reduce the tier 2 backlog) and if they intend go back to regular capacity in Jan then we have a big issue at hand :(

Viksaw,

As an Indian, didn't you have the option to choose India in your I140 as your consulate? Why don't you switch now? What is your DQ?

Timeline
21 hours ago, Hanif said:

Viksaw,

As an Indian, didn't you have the option to choose India in your I140 as your consulate? Why don't you switch now? What is your DQ?

There are few issues changing consulate:

- The change request sometimes take 3-4 months

- Once the NVC makes change, priority date gets reset

- Once I get IL for India I will need to make emergency travel arrangements to fly to India at short notice. With Covid restrictions it is very tricky

- I am not sure how/where to get the medicals done in India

- Not sure what are the impacts on PCC

Considering all of the above I am little concerned to change the consulate. My plan is that if things dont move at Montreal for next 2 rounds of invitations then I will have to take risk and change consulate to India.

Timeline
11 hours ago, F2J_March said:

Does anybody know if NVC already send out IL for DEc for other family based categories ?

I think last month it was already sent around this time.

I dont think the december IL are sent out yet. Hoping next week.

Timeline
17 hours ago, forever_immigrant said:

Hi folks, I have recently got my NIW approved, getting documents ready for an interview appointment in Montreal, but have run into this forum, and now I feel very stressed seeing 2 years of backlog for EB2!

Does anyone have any rough estimate for new applications like me?

Thanks all!

Looking at how things are going....even if they start processing twice as fast as pre-covid rate...we are looking at minimum 1 to 1.5 years wait!!!

Thats just my prediction. They can always surprise us :)

On 11/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, viksaw said:

Looking at how things are going....even if they start processing twice as fast as pre-covid rate...we are looking at minimum 1 to 1.5 years wait!!!

Thats just my prediction. They can always surprise us :)

Thanks Viksaw, and do you know if it is possible to undergo AOS while Immigrant Visa application is pending for Montreal, I have an H1B petition approved, could travel with that to U.S. and apply for AOS if that is possible, but god knows how long AOS process will take. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, forever_immigrant said:

Thanks Viksaw, and do you know if it is possible to undergo AOS while Immigrant Visa application is pending for Montreal, I have an H1B petition approved, could travel with that to U.S. and apply for AOS if that is possible, but god knows how long AOS process will take. 

As far as i know u can't have both AOS and Montreal Consular processing in parallel. If u file AOS, u will need to contact NVC and revoke consular processing.

Lawyers should be able to confirm.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.