Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

US Consulate General in Montreal has updated its operation status. They’ve fully resumed the immigrant visa processing (green). 

Source: https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

21 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

Thats very good news. Very unexpected. Let's hope they schedule interview now for FB AND eb category 

The wording is the same as it was yesterday, which says we are scheduling some cases within Tier 3 and Tier 4 each month, and it can't be true about the DQ date of October, 2019, because people from September, 2019 haven't been interviewed.  This thread was for EB applicants, and it gets confusing when other categories comment.  They should start their own thread.

When I checked this morning, it was still yellow meaning limited services and now changed to green ( full service) which is positive news. I know wordings have not been changed yet but I am hoping they will send ILs for EB categories as they have reduced much of their backlogs for ir1/cr1. Fingers crossed. 

22 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

When I checked this morning, it was still yellow meaning limited services and now changed to green ( full service) which is positive news. I know wordings have not been changed yet but I am hoping they will send ILs for EB categories as they have reduced much of their backlogs for ir1/cr1. Fingers crossed. 

My fingers have been crossed for months!  It would be nice to eventually uncross them!!!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/21/2021 at 3:20 PM, andy@wpg said:

US Consulate General in Montreal has updated its operation status. They’ve fully resumed the immigrant visa processing (green). 

Source: https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

Great news. However, they seem to be prioritizing family-based GCs still? Which leaves employment-based green card still in Sept/Oct 2019???

On 10/27/2021 at 11:30 AM, CanadianMD said:

Great news. However, they seem to be prioritizing family-based GCs still? Which leaves employment-based green card still in Sept/Oct 2019???

Did any of the EB's DQed in September, 2019, hear back from the Montreal Consulate or the NVC?  Were there any EB interviews scheduled for November?  The Visa Statistics have not been updated since July.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone tried to apply for Consular Processing in other countries? A friend of mine in the same category (EB2 NIW) applied for Consular Processing in Malaysia and received his interview within 4 weeks. I can't believe Montreal is 2 years backed up.

1 hour ago, CanadianMD said:

Has anyone tried to apply for Consular Processing in other countries? A friend of mine in the same category (EB2 NIW) applied for Consular Processing in Malaysia and received his interview within 4 weeks. I can't believe Montreal is 2 years backed up.

Wouldn't you have to be a citizen of Malaysia?

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sorrel said:

Did any of the EB's DQed in September, 2019, hear back from the Montreal Consulate or the NVC?  Were there any EB interviews scheduled for November?  The Visa Statistics have not been updated since July.

Please forgive me, if I'm not looking at the right numbers...but I believe they posted September.  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/SEPTEMBER%202021%20-%20IV%20Issuances%20by%20Post%20and%20Visa%20Class.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.