Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yu&Do said:

Hello all!

According to the Montreal Embassy they will be scheduling a new interview for the DQ 2019 Sept-

Did anyone get anything new from them?

We are waiting for EB3 and our DQ is right on 2019 Sep and really hoping to get our interview schedule this month. 

if anyone have any information on the new process or how long it will take them to contact people with new schedule (such as, 2nd week of the month, or third week wedndesday, etc...), please share.

Thank you all and stay safe!

Yes, supposedly the interview letters go out around the 15th of the current month for the following month.  Hopefully we’ll get some good news for our members next week!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Update as of yesterday.  They added October 2019 DQ to their update.  

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

• It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling. As of October 7, 2021, most IR1, IR2, IR5, and K visa cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified at the National Visa Center in December 2020. Most Tier Three and Four cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in September and October 2019.

On 10/6/2021 at 8:50 AM, JG_ said:

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a bit, I'm "JG" in the Excel file with a CC date of Sept 25, 2019 - so hopefully at the very top of the pile for the next appointment slots. Needless to say, I'm hoping for an interview letter this month...

Also with regards to the TN question, I was able to renew my TN visa in January 2020 at a land border crossing without issue

JG

Did you get notification of an interview?  Not clear if the statement from Consular operations dated yesterday means that those people DQ'ed to the end of October, 2019 have already been scheduled, and if so for when?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, Dip_eb said:

Hi, i have a quick question, what if my wife is pregnant or give birth while waiting for the interview?

do i have to inform NVC or something?

Assuming that your newborn will also need a GC I think its best to call NVC and check with your lawyer. Adding a new applicant during the interview itself may not be possible.

Timeline
On 10/5/2021 at 12:28 AM, Gha said:

Ok sir I will check one more time with my lawyer 

thank you

@Gha : Did you check with your lawyer? Please let me know if PCC needs to be reissued if you travel to the country within 2 years of PCC validity.

1 hour ago, F2J_March said:

Did anyone get IL??

Exactly how many photos do you need for the Medical Exam and do they need to be date stamped?  We had photos taken BC (before Covid) and also sent two to our lawyer.  We still have six left.  Do we have to give any photos to the Consulate at the interview? The ones we have remaining are not date stamped.

Timeline

Yes. The IR1/CR1 jumped almost 3.5 months with yesterdays invite. So they have backlog of just 7 months and we have a backlog of over 2 years.

I am really hoping someone here got an IL yesterday night round.

@CycleSS @Yu&Do @era101 @kachab @Stephenc111 : Any updates?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.