Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, CanadianMD said:

Thanks.

Do you know if I can extend TN visa while Consular Processing is pending?

I don't, sorry.  In our case, we renewed my husband's O1 this past summer without issue.  I don't see why you wouldn't be able to apply for an extension, as long as you do so before the TN expires...perhaps best to contact USCIS for clarity?

Hi Everyone,

Have been monitoring this thread for a while but just formally signed up. Thank you to all who have contributed!  I am an EB-3 case DQ'd Sep 2020. I'm wondering if anyone could share a link or help point me in the direction of finding where State/NVC publishes the monthly visa processing reports. Essentially, I'm planning on moving very soon (within the country) and wanted to wait until I see how many EB interviews take place in October before I sign a new 1yr lease. I understand that the Montreal consulate is now interviewing those who DQ'd in Sep 2019, so I was hoping that seeing the October visa numbers may help paint a rough picture as to how many cases of each visa type are being processed/approved per month. In turn, the hope is to extrapolate and use that number as baseline for timeline estimates.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all!

1 hour ago, Z** said:

Hi Everyone,

Have been monitoring this thread for a while but just formally signed up. Thank you to all who have contributed!  I am an EB-3 case DQ'd Sep 2020. I'm wondering if anyone could share a link or help point me in the direction of finding where State/NVC publishes the monthly visa processing reports. Essentially, I'm planning on moving very soon (within the country) and wanted to wait until I see how many EB interviews take place in October before I sign a new 1yr lease. I understand that the Montreal consulate is now interviewing those who DQ'd in Sep 2019, so I was hoping that seeing the October visa numbers may help paint a rough picture as to how many cases of each visa type are being processed/approved per month. In turn, the hope is to extrapolate and use that number as baseline for timeline estimates.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all!

You can find IV stats here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html
They haven't posted August stats yet. 

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a bit, I'm "JG" in the Excel file with a CC date of Sept 25, 2019 - so hopefully at the very top of the pile for the next appointment slots. Needless to say, I'm hoping for an interview letter this month...

Also with regards to the TN question, I was able to renew my TN visa in January 2020 at a land border crossing without issue

JG

23 minutes ago, JG_ said:

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a bit, I'm "JG" in the Excel file with a CC date of Sept 25, 2019 - so hopefully at the very top of the pile for the next appointment slots. Needless to say, I'm hoping for an interview letter this month...

Also with regards to the TN question, I was able to renew my TN visa in January 2020 at a land border crossing without issue

JG

All the best! Please keep us posted when you get an interview letter (hopefully this month).

8 hours ago, JG_ said:

Hi all,

JG

Hello, this is helpful information that you can renew TN while you have an approved I-140. My lawyer told me the border can refuse to renew the TN when you have an approved I-140, citing the fact that you don't have non-immigrant intention during your TN admission. Because having an I-140 is a sign of intent to immigrate to US. Did they ask you anything about your green card during the TN renewal?

31 minutes ago, Nimar said:

My lawyer told me the border can refuse to renew the TN when you have an approved I-140, citing the fact that you don't have non-immigrant intention during your TN admission

Actually this is exactly why I went with consular processing, as opposed to adjustment of status (or whatever it's called) from within the US.

Since you need to exit the US to attend the interview at the consulate, you can't have immigrant intent during your TN admission... At least that's what my lawyer said.

The border agent did note that I had a pending PERM application, but it didn't seem to cause any issue.

JG

3 minutes ago, JG_ said:

Actually this is exactly why I went with consular processing, as opposed to adjustment of status (or whatever it's called) from within the US.

Since you need to exit the US to attend the interview at the consulate, you can't have immigrant intent during your TN admission... At least that's what my lawyer said.

The border agent did note that I had a pending PERM application, but it didn't seem to cause any issue.

JG

Thank you for the information. Do you mind me asking at which port of entry you renewed your TN?

Hello all!

According to the Montreal Embassy they will be scheduling a new interview for the DQ 2019 Sept-

Did anyone get anything new from them?

We are waiting for EB3 and our DQ is right on 2019 Sep and really hoping to get our interview schedule this month. 

if anyone have any information on the new process or how long it will take them to contact people with new schedule (such as, 2nd week of the month, or third week wedndesday, etc...), please share.

Thank you all and stay safe!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.