Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, GLI said:

Are those  E1 E2 E3 same as EB1-3?

I do believe they refer to EB categories (although they stopped to specify class in monthly stats for Montreal - like E-11, E-12, E-13 etc, it's still in the same category). 

16 hours ago, Gha said:

No E1,E2,E3 is different categories. Is not same Eb1…Eb3

thank you

There are E-1,E-2, E-3 visas (with dashes), but they are not immigrant - Treaty trader, investor. If you look, for example, at Vancouver consulate (that doesn't do immigrant visas at all) you'll see that they gave a number of those E-1, E-2, E-3 visas in July.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my family's visa interview on 25th and it went well. We are expecting their stamped passports to arrive today via courier. FYI, it was an EB-2/follow to join case where principal applicant's GC had already been processed at MTL two years ago therefore usual timelines of DQ->Interview might not apply. To my pleasant surprise, the the appointment came rather quickly when I requested by sending an email to the MTL consulate - giving us a mere 4 week notice to go through medicals and preparation etc.  The line up outside the MTL consulate was much smaller than what I saw there last time, I'd say about 25% of the normal load.

2 hours ago, dskar said:

I had my family's visa interview on 25th and it went well. We are expecting their stamped passports to arrive today via courier. FYI, it was an EB-2/follow to join case where principal applicant's GC had already been processed at MTL two years ago therefore usual timelines of DQ->Interview might not apply. To my pleasant surprise, the the appointment came rather quickly when I requested by sending an email to the MTL consulate - giving us a mere 4 week notice to go through medicals and preparation etc.  The line up outside the MTL consulate was much smaller than what I saw there last time, I'd say about 25% of the normal load.

Congratulations! Thank you for the update!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

New update as of sept 2. Not much changed I think.

• It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling. As of September 3, 2021, most IR1, IR2, IR5 and K visa cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified at the National Visa Center between September 2020 and October 2020.
  • Montreal has rescheduled most Preference category applicants in Tiers Three and Four whose interviews were cancelled in March and April of 2020. In October 2021 we will start to schedule new Tier Three and Four cases that were documentarily qualified in approximately September 2019.

6 hours ago, dcisw said:

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

New update as of sept 2. Not much changed I think.

• It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling. As of September 3, 2021, most IR1, IR2, IR5 and K visa cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified at the National Visa Center between September 2020 and October 2020.
  • Montreal has rescheduled most Preference category applicants in Tiers Three and Four whose interviews were cancelled in March and April of 2020. In October 2021 we will start to schedule new Tier Three and Four cases that were documentarily qualified in approximately September 2019.

We will not know until October how fast the Tier 4 interviews are moving.  Hopefully they can schedule at least those Dq'ed until at least November,2019.  We are March, 2020.

4 hours ago, Pasand said:

Hey all,

sorry about the late update. I had my interview on Aug 23rd. everything went well and as expected. unfortunately I did not have one of my original documents with me so I was asked to mail it. It was delivered10 days ago but no updates since then...

Glad all went well!  Can you provide us with some of the questions they asked?   How long did the interview last?  Hopefully we have all of the required originals!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.