Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Looks like Montreal embassy is in full force now. I am part of the facebook group for K1 visas and I see that people with September 28, 2021 are getting notification for interview. So it is kind of good news that Montreal is wrapping up all the backlogs for IR/CR and K1 visas. Hopefully they will touch our cases now if they catch up on Tier 2 cases. 

Hi All. I am in the process of getting documentation qualified at NVC. They have come back rejecting my confirmation of permanent residence although in the first letter they had written, they requested a visa still valid for at least 6 months or landed immigrant document in order to schedule the interview at Montreal. I could have sent my PR card but it expires in 3 months and with the wait times now applying for renewal will just drag the process. My attorney thinks the COPR should be sufficient and has raised a requeSt with NVC. Anyone with similar experience?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, journeyman_2020 said:

Hi All. I am in the process of getting documentation qualified at NVC. They have come back rejecting my confirmation of permanent residence although in the first letter they had written, they requested a visa still valid for at least 6 months or landed immigrant document in order to schedule the interview at Montreal. I could have sent my PR card but it expires in 3 months and with the wait times now applying for renewal will just drag the process. My attorney thinks the COPR should be sufficient and has raised a request with NVC. Anyone with similar experience?

I think you should send the PR card with a self affidavit that that you have applied for renewal.

COPR just says Canada government has approved your PR but doesn't mean you landed yet. Your residency is not confirmed until you land.

As always, lawyers can best assist you.

10 hours ago, viksaw said:

I think you should send the PR card with a self affidavit that that you have applied for renewal.

COPR just says Canada government has approved your PR but doesn't mean you landed yet. Your residency is not confirmed until you land.

As always, lawyers can best assist you.

Thanks. I actually landed since 2014 and so the COPR was duly endorsed at the airport. I will raise the affidavit option with my attorney might be the way to go.

Timeline
4 hours ago, CanadianMD said:

I guess they prioritized DV over EB because it expires Sept 30th right? They are both in Tier 4.

EB quota also expires end of fiscal year (Sept 30). They wasted almost 80k EB green cards on Sept 30. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, viksaw said:

EB quota also expires end of fiscal year (Sept 30). They wasted almost 80k EB green cards on Sept 30. 

Oh man. Then why are there so many DVs compared to EB? The latter will definitely contribute to the US economy more... 🤨

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Submitted all documents on Aug 30th, 2 months and still not DQ :( I thought this part was supposed to be fast since NVC main office does it and not local consulate.

Timeline
2 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

Submitted all documents on Aug 30th, 2 months and still not DQ :( I thought this part was supposed to be fast since NVC main office does it and not local consulate.

That's strange. I submitted in May and I was DQ'ed in 2 weeks. Please call NVC.

Did you mail ur documents at correct address? When u call them, please verify if they at least received it.

Timeline
14 hours ago, CanadianMD said:

Oh man. Then why are there so many DVs compared to EB? The latter will definitely contribute to the US economy more... 🤨

I agree!

I am not very optimistic about November IL's either. November IL's are for December interviews. Lot of ppl are on holidays in December. I am assuming that there will be less number of interview slots and we already know we are not priority for them :P

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

I wasn't able to submit my documents online.  I mailed them via UPS June 16th (NVC received June 21 due to holiday)  and was DQ July 6th.  My lawyer said that was the quickest DQ he'd seen in a while.  I'd be calling for sure to find out if they have the documents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

I wasn't able to submit my documents online.  I mailed them via UPS June 16th (NVC received June 21 due to holiday)  and was DQ July 6th.  My lawyer said that was the quickest DQ he'd seen in a while.  I'd be calling for sure to find out if they have the documents.

I don't understand, you guys mailed it? But it says upload it online. Thats what I did. 

Checking this site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And it says still reviewing Aug 08th files. I submitted mine online on Aug 30th. You think I should call?

Edited by MiloPinkman

Timeline
38 minutes ago, MiloPinkman said:

I don't understand, you guys mailed it? But it says upload it online. Thats what I did. 

Checking this site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And it says still reviewing Aug 08th files. I submitted mine online on Aug 30th. You think I should call?

I dont think EB applicants can upload documents on CEAC. I am sure all of us here have mailed their documents. Are you EB or Family based?

Did you see a section in your CEAC profile to upload documents? What did your welcome letter say?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.